“Blood on the walls! ”

Ranked #26 of 104 Hotels in Langkawi
London, United Kingdom
“Blood on the walls! ”
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

All I can say is if you like the luxuries of stained sheets, stained towels, dirty bathrooms including a hole in the ceiling, thin walls, incompetent staff and yes... BLOOD ON THE WALLS.... (!) then please stay here! We asked three times for the blood to be cleaned to be stared at with blank faces and no apologies. They smiled a lot... But that's about it. Avoid this place at all costs - it looks good on the photos and yes the building looks cool from the outside but the rooms are awful. Do yourself a favour and find somewhere else! You've been warned!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MartynNm
FaveCenangLangkawi, General Manager at favehotel Cenang Beach - Langkawi, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear MartynNm,

Thank you for staying with us while visiting Langkawi.

I am sorry to hear on the inconveniences caused to you during your stay and I would like to apologize on behalf of my team on this.

I have personally looked into the matter regarding the blood stain and the numerous requests you have made, and had actioned on the matter. I hope this will serve as a reminder to my team that our hotel’s motto is to be Fun, Fresh, and Friendly.

Once again, I truly am sorry for the unpleasant stay you had had with us and would like to state that this is not as per our normal standard that Fave Hotel is practising. We will definitely work harder on these aspects and ensure that it would not be repeated.

Dian Pramono

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Can't say anything good about this hotel - stayed here 2 years ago thought I would give it a second go and nothing has changed. It's 12.32am and all you can hear is doors banging and thumping constantly. Noise travels through the corridors. Children screaming. Woke up today to children screaming and doors banging at 5am. Rooms are not sound proof. Bugs everywhere in the hotel. Wifi extremely slow. Asked for a fresh omelette to be made at breakfast and was told no. You will not have a relaxing holiday here - you will be woken up constantly to banging doors and noise DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank JulesM2010
Dear JulesM2010,

Thank you for staying with us again.

I am sorry to hear that your stay with us was an unpleasant one. Kindly be informed that we have already carpeted our hallways on all floors to reduce on the noise issue as informed to us by our guests. Unfortunately, due to the peak season when you were with us, there were noise issues. You could however inform our Reception and we can assist you in this.

As for the bugs, we are aware that especially during the evenings there are a lot of bug activities going on during that period. This was due to the change in weather, and as we are located next to a padi field, and being the only source for ‘light’ (electricity) it is unavoidable. Our Housekeeping team however was on standby to assist on this issue during the 2-3days.

Once again, I apologize for the inconveniences caused to you during your stay.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Check in and was given room106, room has a foul sewage smell. Called housekeeping about it, all they could do was offer to spray some air freshener- doesn't solve the problem, sewage smell comes back in less than an hour.

Ask for a change of room and they only has twin bed rooms. (I'm traveling alone). Ask to check if they will have double bed rooms the next day the recept simply say can't be sure without even checking. Told them I dont mind paying for an upgrade and they still cant be bothered to check. In the end have to push the two single bed together myself.

Design of the bathroom is stupid, the glass panel separating the shower and the rest of the toilet was so small that they might as well had not put it there. End up with wet floor everytime you bath.

Room walls are thin, zero sound proofing. Was woken up at midnight by the next door people when they were opening and closing their room door and unpacking the luggage.

Went to their so called VIP spa and massage at 9.30pm one night after my dinner, the guy told me that they are closed for the day. The operating hours stated on the door was 1pm - 11pm. When I asked the guy doesn't it close at 11pm as stated outside, he was speechless and simply smiled at me. I wonder if the management knows that their staff are skiving off and ending work earlier?

Breakfast was lousy, eggs prepped by the egg station was soaked in oil. Minimal variety, fruit juice served was all syrup mixture, and worse, they are diluted.

Only the staff at the lobby who was offering various package tour was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Avoid room 106 at all cost, foul sewage smell.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dear nnuhsieww,

Thank you for writing us a review. We appreciate your honest feedbacks to us as it helps us to improve our service to you.

I sincerely apologize for the sewage issue in your room. Our maintenance had already looked into the matter as soon as we receive complaints from our Reception. As for the changing of rooms, our Reception did try our best to relocate you to a Double bed room but unfortunately, at the time, our hotel was full and could not change rooms for you. We could have upgraded your room and accommodate all your requests but this only applies depending on our availability.

For the VIP Spa, yes it is stated their operating time is from 1PM to 11PM, however, as this is a privately owned spa, and their operating hours might differ from time to time. I have highlighted this with the spa owner and I hope that other guests will not experience the same inconvenient situation again, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

We have already upgraded our breakfast buffet menu and the price per person is still only at RM15++ per person (for the moment) and our chefs came up with a new menu to ensure that we have just the right menu to suit your taste buds.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Good value for money. Modern decoration and quite clean room (although the housekeeper never really cleaned the floor in our shower area as there was always some hair on the drain and sands on the corner.) Hotel location requires some walk to the main beach. I wish the hotel shuttle service would be offered more often. Hotel staffs were friendly. The pool exterior looked very nice. The scenery surrounded by the pool was a landscape with palm trees and mountain, which my boyfriend and I really loved. Our bedroom also had this view and it was very nice. Too bad the pool was very shallow and not so comfortable to swim. It was a long pool, but the deepest was less than 150 cm if I remember correctly. My knees bumped into the pool floor many times during swimming despite the fact that I'm not such a tall person. Other than that, my impression towards this hotel was still pretty good

Room Tip: Choose a high floor with a pool view. You'll get to wake up seeing the mountain view, the field...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank o0ovivo0o
Dear o0ovivo0o,

Hello from Fave Hotel Langkawi!

Thank you for writing us a review and also for choosing to stay with us whilst visiting Langkawi.

We are glad to hear that overall you had a good stay with us and thank you very much for your feedback on the sands and hair in the bathroom. I have already addressed this to our Housekeeping team and I sincerely apologize to you for the issue on their behalf as we strive to be better at Fun, Fresh & Friendly motto.

We hope to see you again in near future.

Maidenhead
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel is about a fifteen minute walk to the main beach, which can be quite a walk in the heat.

We stayed here for ten days and enjoyed our stay. The staff are polite and helpful, the rooms are clean and the breakfast is very good. It is very like a Premier Inn in the UK, with a large pool.

The laundry is expensive so we used the laundrette over the road who were very cheap and good.

You need to ask for your room to be made up as it can take until five unless you ask.

The vegetarian choice in the restaurant is not very good for all meals except breakfast.

Would stay again

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank StevenMaidenhead
Hello SteveMaidenhead,

Good day from Fave Langkawi,

Thank you very much for your honest review of us and also we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay here and for choosing us as your preferred hotel in Langkawi.

For your feedback on vegetarian choices in the menu, perhaps you can inform us and I am sure our chef can come up with some arrangements for your meal to suit your needs.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you back with us again too!

Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Good location, service and value for money. Enjoyed my stay with my family. Friendly and helpful staff. 5 mins walking distance to duty free convenient store and restaurants, spa and row of cenang shoplots. Good buffet spread

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Thank jeerahim .
Dear jeerahim,

Greetings from Fave Hotel Langkawi.

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us whilst visiting the island. We are glad to have had you with us and also many thanks for your review of us. We will continue to strive and work harder for better improvements and we hope to welcome you back again in the island with us.

Melaka, Malaysia
Reviewed 16 April 2014

stay here last weekend. the room was nice. even the bathroom was clean. the bed was neat and proper. I went there with my mom on the executive deals. package includes island hopping, welcome drink and a 15 minutes stress massage. it was really an affordable package.

we had an a la carte dinner on the first night where my mom had 'kampung' fried rice with chicken satay, crackers and fresh salad and i have a club sandwich with fries and fresh coleslaw. you can taste the fresh ingredients on each menu.the taste was really nice. our first breakfast was quite unexpected. there is not much choice. lucky it was saved by the toast and omelette. and the cereal. coffee was really nice. the breakfast on the last day was very pleasant, with american breakfast varieties, fresh fruits, toast and jam, plenty choice of cereals and local crackers, even the fried rice was nice. its quite different from what we have on the first day.

from what i can see, most of the guest is from other (not Malaysian) and it gives me a good vibe when think about it. the pool really stand out, it keeps 'calling' me to jump in it. LOL. i really enjoy the welcome drink (mocktail) that the hotel provide. you can feel the taste of fresh fruits in it. the massage also give a nice and relaxing feeling when we went there. the masseur was really experienced, she was so small yet so strong.

if i have been giving a chance to recommend, i would recommend the hotel to provide a transportation for the guest to go to city center and nearby. because the taxi rental is quite high here in Langkawi (even it was a standardize price). and i would have play on the snooker if i know where i could find the stick and ball.

thou it was a short stay, but we enjoy staying there and even recommend it to my brother in law and families. thanks to the hotel and the management for pleasant treats.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank nazija76450
Dear nazija76450,

Thank you for your review of us. We are glad to know that you had enjoyed your stay here and also for choosing Fave Hotel as your preferred hotel during your visit to Langkawi.

For breakfast, there was a difference in the menu on your first day was because we were in the midst of upgrading our menu, thanks to feedbacks from our guests, we now have a more variety of choices in our breakfast buffet to suit all of our guests and are happy to know that you are pleased with our changes.

As for transportation, we do provide daily 1 way shuttle service to the beach (Pantai Cenang/Pantai Tengah) on a scheduled time. You can check and make the arrangements with our Reception/ Concierge.
Again, thank you very much for your kind words and we are more than happy to welcome you back with us again in near future.