“Expensive lunch”

Haji Jelani Seafood and Tom Yam
Ranked #208 of 488 Restaurants in Langkawi
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Be carefully when you take your lunch here. They have so many dishes. We ended paying for 2 person for our lunch at RM40. The deep fried fish, cost me RM25 per fish. For me it's very expensive. Ask them first before you choose your side dishes. Their workers almost all Siamese.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Best food we found in Cenang beach. Unlike many other restaurants in Cenang they had Delicious food with a reasonable price. We visited this place several times and left every time with a smile.

Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

We went their with a group of 8 and ordered a mix of spicy fish, chicken and beef dishes. All was very delicious but the highlight was the tom yum kung soup. Very spicy abd tasting awesome.

1  Thank Sven V
Reviewed 3 November 2013

My first meal upon landing in Langkawi. This place is just a stone away from Meritus Pelangi Cenang beach. This restaurant serves lunch as well as dinner and is manned by a group of Thai origin. For lunch, you will spoilt for choices of the local delicacies. It is a bit pricey for the fish especially but they have put up the price of each fish. Normally it costs around RM20 per medium size fish.

At night during peak seasons (long weekend, school holidays) the place is crowded. You may have to go early around 7pm or late post 10pm. I was told their tom yum is one of the best around, however it doesn't fit my taste bud. I prefer a clear tom yum soup.

A recommended place for you and friends and family to eat. You will not be disappointed. Parking is easy, by the road side or an open space next to it.

Oh..didn't I tell you their waiters are a bit special :-)

Reviewed 28 October 2013

It was raining that night, we initially wanted to go to other restaurant (as recommended in several blogs) but decided to change plan as we can't find a good parking. So we end up stopping at this restaurant because there were not many people and easy parking. So we ordered somtam, chinese fried rice, tomyam, fried egg and veggie, we didn't order the ikan bakar as we already had it the other nite at another restaurant. After a short wait all our dishes arrive. It look yummy and the aroma were fresh. It was definately yummy dishes and we finished everything. There were 3 of us and we only ordered for one serve instead but the portion was enough for us to share. I guess It was a good call to change to this place. I really recommend this place as the dishes are authentic Thai food maybe because the staff/cook are Malay-Thai etnic.