“Fish and Chips with a view”

Scarborough Fish & Chips Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 422 Restaurants in Langkawi
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Child-friendly, View, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, After-hours, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chiang Mai, Thailand
“Fish and Chips with a view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

I first ate at Scarborough 18 months ago, when I met the friendly owners, and I was impressed by the delicious fish and chips. I returned last week, and although the food was still good, it wasn’t close to perfection like before. I ordered the battered Dory. The fish itself was firm with good flavour, unlike Dory I’ve eaten here before, so I asked about it. Apparently it’s frozen and comes from the States – rather disappointing. The other fish on the menu is locally caught except for the salmon. My friend had the pan-fried Dory, which he said was dry and over-cooked. My main concern was with the taste. It seemed as if the oil had been used many times, and it tainted the fish and chips just slightly. All this being said, the restaurant has a magnificent location on a sandy beach, and the view of Thai islands is stunning. The meal was quite good and I’ll probably eat there again if I’m up on the north shore.

1 Thank Zingle

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
“great food, bad music”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

I and two friends went here yesterday on recommendation of a friend and enjoyed some excellent food. The Baracuda was some of the best I've ever had, the Baramundi dish was superb; the Dory looked okay but you get what you pay for I guess. My only complaint was the obnoxious loud Western music (Mama Mia et al) being played which totally ruined the atmosphere. Requests to turn it down were ignored. Ruined what would have been a great dining experience

Singapore, Singapore
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Freshest dory and a beautiful view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

You can read more about my trip in Langkawi here: http://raayche.blogspot.sg/2014/05/langkawi-day-2.html

Deep fried fish & chips with fries & salad drizzled in balsamic vinegar RM17
We both agreed that this is the best fish & chips ever! The crust was crisp and the meat was extremely moist! The portion of the fish was really generous as well.

Pan fried dory fish with fries & salad drizzled in balsamic vinegar RM 18
Delicious as well, but the fish came with a tad more oil than expected and the meat was kinda dry after a few mouthfuls.
The portion of the dory fish was much smaller than the fried fish & chips though! But.... It is also the freshest dory fish we had!

Langkawi, Malaysia
“Much better :-)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

I posted a previous review after my husband, myself and two visiting friends from Australia got severe food poisoning after eating the pan fried dory. Just want to say I have been back twice now (another visitor really wanted to go!) and although avoided the dory, the meals were great. Lovely setting as always and great service.
Must have just been unlucky that last time.

• Visited April 2014
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Great choice of fish an chips”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

We had a lovely lunch of fresh fish and chips in March 2014 whilst on holiday in Langkawi. The menu offers different fish as well as other foods.
Please go you will not be disappointed great value in a really nice setting.

• Visited March 2014