Overall, Resort had a very similar feel to the Westin Kaanapali (Maui) and Phuket.
Family of 5 - stayed in a 1 bedroom villa (renovated). WOW. What an experience - private pool, HUGE bathroom, essence oil with candles, oceanview and seconds away from the beach, surrounded by nature (with a family of spectacled leaf monkeys up in the trees!).
Food was excellent quality and taste and good variety - my wife had to seek out the head chef and pass the message on personally! Spa water provided in the lobby was just heavenly (wish we could have our own mini jugs in the villas!)
Kids had a blast at the kids club and the recreation centre - ping/pong, pool, tennis etc.
They had a good selection of Mojito's (which my wife loves!) and the bar by the main pool played some excellent "jams" (i.e. music!).
Finally the staff: Jana, Josepth and the rest of the crew were simply wonderful, friendly and very quick and responsive to our needs.
I would highly recommend a stay at one of the villas if possible - you won't regret it! It made what would have been a good experience very, very special: my 9 yr old daughter asked why we can't just continue to live there (because daddy has to work!)
Highly recommend the 3 or 4 hour Jet Ski Mangrove tour - it was a blast and an experience we won't forget for awhile!
Downsides: not a lot, but (a) some rooms have not been renovated, so are a bit dated. (b) No coconuts! (I can't understand why in a resort that has coconut trees I can't get served coconuts!) (c) Water activities a bit limited to kayaking and sailing. Hotel could provide more variety. (d) Tennis court fence didn't have a wall to practice solo). These are relatively minor gripes, so let these hold you back.
SPG Platinum member
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on private beachfront property with shopping malls in the vicinity and the jetty just a stone’s throw away, The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa perfectly balances the joys of nature and the spoils of opulence. With views of the sparkling Andaman Sea, the pristine jewels of nature can be enjoyed from the comforts of our elegantly designed 202 luxurious guestrooms and suites. Private Pool Villas boast state-of-the-art amenities, as well as the ultimate luxury of an infinity pool. Restore body and soul in the perfect retreat for sheer indulgence at the award winning Heavenly Spa by Westin™, the only Heavenly Spa in Malaysia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Langkawi Hotel Langkawi
- The Westin Langkawi Resort And Spa
- Westin Langkawi Resort
- Westin Langkawi Hotel
- Langkawi Westin