“Gorgeous”

Ranked #7 of 104 Hotels in Langkawi
Singapore, Singapore
“Gorgeous”
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Loved everything about the hotel, location, facilities, view, staff, rooms. We stayed there for 3 nights and were attending our friends wedding. Staff were incredibly friendly & accommodating.
The spa is outstanding. We mostly chilled out at the pool and I really enjoyed the Mojito's at the bar. They have a pretty big spread for the breakfast.
One of the most exotic locations in Langkawi surrounded by nature.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
SchlueterM, General Manager at The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 26 February 2013
Dear Pushmeet,

First of all I would like to convey my gratitude for spending your time writing us these review of yours. This will only help us in improving ourselves for the better. I thank you for your kind words with our hotel facilities and services. It’s wonderful to know that you enjoyed our location. Your satisfaction towards our services and facilities makes me truly happy. I’m delighted to know that you felt well taken care of; our friendly associates are the most valuable assets of our resort. Thanks for recommending Westin as a brand to everyone! It was a great pleasure to have you with us and I hope that we may welcome you again in the near future.

Michael Schlueter

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (666)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Burntwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 February 2013

Stayed here for 7 nights before going to Penang. The hotel has stunning views and we wish we had booked the sea view instead of the garden view. The rooms are clean, beds extremely comfortable and staff excellent.

We sat around the rock pool most days as it was quieter but I was disappointed with the actual pool as it could have done with a good clean especially the blue tiles. The large main pool was kept immaculate.

The hotel is quietly situated outside the town and although it is a bit of a trek we walked into town every evening for our meal and got a taxi home.

We would definitely stay here again if we visited Langkawi.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tazel
Dear Tazel,

Thank you very much for your honest review with our hotel. I appreciate your time and effort spent on sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to know that your expectations are being met whilst your week stay here at our resort. Also, I would like to thank you for highlighting our rooms, especially our Heavenly Bed, which I have to agree with you, are amazingly comfortable. However, I’m concerned about the issues regarding our pool cleanliness. I’m extremely disappointed that we failed on this occasion to live up to the high standards we’ve set for ourselves. I will ensure that we continue to improve on our service levels and product quality. Lastly, I hope that we will have the chance to welcome you in the near future.

Amman, Jordan
Reviewed 19 February 2013

I loved everything about the hotel, the location, the facilities, the food, and the staff/service including the management.this one of best hotel i stayed in my life ,The staff were incredibly friendly and accommodating. My wife and I were on our honeymoon

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Almawardi,

I appreciate your kind review on our resorts facilities and services. It is very kind of you to highlight the location, facilities, and the cuisine of the resort. With that, I am very proud. Also, many thanks for highlighting out associates and their services. I trust that they performed the upmost best in providing hospitality to all our guests. I congratulate you and your wife, and we hope to welcome you back once more.

Houston
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Overall, Resort had a very similar feel to the Westin Kaanapali (Maui) and Phuket.
Family of 5 - stayed in a 1 bedroom villa (renovated). WOW. What an experience - private pool, HUGE bathroom, essence oil with candles, oceanview and seconds away from the beach, surrounded by nature (with a family of spectacled leaf monkeys up in the trees!).
Food was excellent quality and taste and good variety - my wife had to seek out the head chef and pass the message on personally! Spa water provided in the lobby was just heavenly (wish we could have our own mini jugs in the villas!)
Kids had a blast at the kids club and the recreation centre - ping/pong, pool, tennis etc.
They had a good selection of Mojito's (which my wife loves!) and the bar by the main pool played some excellent "jams" (i.e. music!).
Finally the staff: Jana, Josepth and the rest of the crew were simply wonderful, friendly and very quick and responsive to our needs.
I would highly recommend a stay at one of the villas if possible - you won't regret it! It made what would have been a good experience very, very special: my 9 yr old daughter asked why we can't just continue to live there (because daddy has to work!)
Highly recommend the 3 or 4 hour Jet Ski Mangrove tour - it was a blast and an experience we won't forget for awhile!
Downsides: not a lot, but (a) some rooms have not been renovated, so are a bit dated. (b) No coconuts! (I can't understand why in a resort that has coconut trees I can't get served coconuts!) (c) Water activities a bit limited to kayaking and sailing. Hotel could provide more variety. (d) Tennis court fence didn't have a wall to practice solo). These are relatively minor gripes, so let these hold you back.
SPG Platinum member

Room Tip: Villas are excellent for families or couples. Try to get a renovated one
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Dear Heise R,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa. I do agree that the renovated one bedroom villa is indeed magnificent and the natural surroundings around the villa make one’s stay even more special. I appreciate your highlight of our villa’s features as well as the dining experiences you had. It is also great to know that your dining expectations are met and I’m sure the chefs are pleased to know that as well! It also comforts me to hear that your kids had an enjoyable time at the Kid’s Club and recreation center. Not to forget, it’s very kind of you to also mention our wonderful and professional associates! I’m sure they have placed in much effort and attention to ensure your stay with us is a wonderful and memorable one. They truly are the heart and soul of the resort! However, with regards to the downsides of your comments, I have personally taken notes on them and will look into it as promptly. It has been a great pleasure serving you and your family and we welcome you again in the near future.

Bathurst, Australia
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Lovely hotel with great views, very friendly and genuinely helpful staff. I couldn't fault it.

We decided to save a bit of money and choose a garden view room instead of a sea view room as we figured we wouldn't be in the room very often. A sea view room would have been gorgeous, waking up to that view of a morning, but we didn't regret our decision to book a garden view room.

The spa was lovely but my therapist had a cold, which I seemed to have when I arrived home a couple of days later - otherwise excellent. I'd certainly like to be there right now.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
SchlueterM, General Manager at The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 20 February 2013
Dear Jayne J,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review and for your warm words. I’m always proud to agree on the beauty of the resort, spectacular location and stunning scenery, yet we’re just few minutes away from the main town. Thank you also for highlighting the quality service performed by our friendly and helpful associates. I always think that they’re the most valuable asset of our resort! Besides, thank you for your compliments about the award winning Heavenly Spa. I hope our experienced spa therapists made you feel relaxed and rejuvenated. I’m truly sorry that you seemed to have a cold too, please accept my sincere apologies. Thank you for sharing your valued opinions with others. It was a great pleasure to have you with us and I hope that we may welcome you again in the near future.

Beijing, China
Reviewed 18 February 2013

This hotel met our expectations. Attentive service (most of the times).
When we checked in the front dest didn't ask and assigned us queen sized one-bed room. We didn't quite notice until late in the day had to change room the next day.
There is a quiet private beach. It's nice for sitting around. The sand is not very fine and the bottom becomes mud a few meters into the water line. So the water is not clear.
Good pools.
Close to the jetty.

Room Tip: Do tell the front desk what kind of bed you want if you have preferrence. The don't ask.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Dear mh001,

Thank you very much for your priceless feedbacks. I’m pleased to find that your expectations on this stay were met. I’ve also looked into the less positive issues you’ve mentioned and sincerely apologies for the shortfall. . We regret that we were unable to fully meet your expectation with regards to the beach. And although we endeavor to keep it clean, we unfortunately consistently battle in our area with the debris brought in by the tides but however, we will continue to constantly do our utmost to monitor and improve the condition of the area. I do agree with you that our pools are awesome and our infinity pool is definitely one of the main highlights of our resort. It was a great pleasure to have you with us and I hope that we may welcome you again in the near future.

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 17 February 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 7 wonderful days.
And we still have only positive memories about this hotel.
Just like on the picture! The rooms are large, baths are equipped with modern technique, everything is new and function good. The all pools are large and incredibly beautiful. The only negative thing, guests occupy sun beds by the pool early in the morning and almost impossible to find a free.
Fitness room equipped very well. You can rent bikes, etc.
First of all, the staff incredibly attentive and friendly, especially in the main restaurant and bar in the hotel lobby, you will not notice any flaws in this hotel, due to staff.
The hotel restaurant prepares excellent food, good wine selection. Breakfast is great! In general, within 7 days of our stay in the hotel, we didn't want to go out for the territory (except for excursions, which we had booked at the hotel tour desk).
In the evening in the lobby bar, singing trio of remarkable singers, can sing a song in order, if requested).

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Mik D,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with others and for your warm words regarding your stay. We really appreciate your positive comments on our nicely appointed rooms. I do agree with you that our pools are awesome and our infinity pool is definitely one of the main highlights of our resort. Concerning your comments on sun loungers were not available; I can say that we do expect a good amount of new sun loungers in early March, I sincerely apologies for any inconvenience. I’m very pleased to hear your standards being met with regards to our WestinWORKOUT, recreation facilities, cuisine, as well as attentive and friendly associate. Furthermore thank you for mentioning our Breeze Lounge which offers a relaxed atmosphere with live music, the perfect combination for a nice evening. My team and I would hope to have another opportunity to welcome you here in order to restore your faith in delivering a great overall service to you.