From the moment we arrived the service was excellent. All of the staff were extremely friendly and polite. The main attraction of this resort is the infinity pool which over looks the blue Andaman sea -- just like the pictures! This island and resort are truly relaxing and serene. If you are looking for a party place try one of the other islands.
The beach is a beautiful blue color and has mountains on either side. One thing that was really nice about the beach was the walkway made of sand which made it shallow enough to walk out right into the middle of the water. Unfortunately, there were a lot of sharp rocks and broken shells. There was a cleaning crew sweeping the debris and disposing of it, but it was still very difficult to walk barefoot. On the plus side, I found some really beautiful shells. It is well known that there are many wild monkeys in Malaysia, the only place I saw them on the resort was the far left end of the beach. There were no guests all the way out there, and the monkeys were just eating some fruit from the trees -- don't leave any food/drinks lying around and you will be just fine. There was a swim up bar in the pool, but I did not see anyone serving food or drinks at the beach.
My favorite meal of the day was the breakfast buffet which was included with our room. As far as I am concerned, they have the right idea when it comes to breakfast. In addition to the typical Western buffet they also had a whole section for Indian food and Chinese food. I loved having spicy, flavorful noodles and curry for breakfast. However, if this is not for you, there is still the Western food section as I mentioned. The 2nd best meal was the seafood BBQ buffet with grilled lobster, crab, etc. With that said, the rest of the meals were just average, however the view from all of the restaurants is beautiful.
If you are a SPG Member (Starwood Preferred Guest) then you get 15% off at the restaurants. HINT: You should all be SPG Members because it is a free rewards program that you can use at hotels around the world to get rewards. For example, after eating at this resort a few times I received a free massage at the spa. The spa was nice and they arranged for a golf cart to transport me because it is at the edge of the resort. Other amenities include a gym, tennis court, squash room, billiards, and sauna. The gym has a great view of the ocean, good equipment, refreshments, cold towels, and they even provide Beats headphones for the monitors.
Lastly, I recommend a room with an ocean view. The rooms with a view of both the pool and ocean are beautiful but a little bit more noisy due to people in the pool as well as the evening entertainment. Overall, this is a beautiful resort with a relaxing atmosphere perfect for those looking for a quiet getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on private beachfront property with shopping malls in the vicinity and the jetty just a stone’s throw away, The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa perfectly balances the joys of nature and the spoils of opulence. With views of the sparkling Andaman Sea, the pristine jewels of nature can be enjoyed from the comforts of our elegantly designed 202 luxurious guestrooms and suites. Private Pool Villas boast state-of-the-art amenities, as well as the ultimate luxury of an infinity pool. Restore body and soul in the perfect retreat for sheer indulgence at the award winning Heavenly Spa by Westin™, the only Heavenly Spa in Malaysia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Starwood APAC, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, Travelbag, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Langkawi Resort And Spa
- The Westin Langkawi Hotel Langkawi
- Westin Langkawi Resort
- Westin Langkawi Hotel
- Langkawi Westin