We booked a weekend at the Westin Langkawi after seeing their beautiful photos online. We were unfortunately quite disappointed to see the hotel in real life. Pulling up to the property in the taxi, we could immediately see that this was not the tropical paradise we were hoping for. Nowhere was the lush greenery of the jungle - instead, the vegetation surrounding the hotel consisted mainly of dry grass. This hotel is not in a good location. It is close to the harbor. The beach is virtually non-existent. Langkawi is an island of some beautiful beaches - go to one of them, don't go to the Westin. If the beach is not your thing, and you're hoping for a beautiful pool area, you won't find it here. Everything at the Westin is okay, or good enough, but it is not in any way beautiful or luxurious.
This applies to the rooms as well as the grounds. The furniture in our room as very warn and dirty. The bathroom was also dirty, as were the floors; the wall in the room had a crack. The sofa was terribly stained - I did not want to sit on it. I've stayed at other Westins before and have not had this kind of experience with the level of upkeep. This was not the "heavenly" experience that Westin markets.
With respect to service, admittedly some of the staff were nice and tried to be helpful. However, when we asked to change rooms after seeing ours, we were told that the hotel was fully booked. This could not possibly have been the case, as the hotel was a ghost-town. That sort of treatment was possibly the biggest disappointment about this hotel.
I would not have as much of a problem with the Westin if the price was not so high. For that kind of money in Langkawi, you can stay at the Andaman - and please do (we did!). The Andaman is a different world - a gorgeous beach and fantastic hotel in the tropical jungle; the Malaysian island experience we were looking for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on private beachfront property with shopping malls in the vicinity and the jetty just a stone’s throw away, The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa perfectly balances the joys of nature and the spoils of opulence. With views of the sparkling Andaman Sea, the pristine jewels of nature can be enjoyed from the comforts of our elegantly designed 202 luxurious guestrooms and suites. Private Pool Villas boast state-of-the-art amenities, as well as the ultimate luxury of an infinity pool. Restore body and soul in the perfect retreat for sheer indulgence at the award winning Heavenly Spa by Westin™, the only Heavenly Spa in Malaysia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Hotels.com, Travelbag, Expedia, Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Southall Travel and Ctrip TA so you can book your The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Langkawi Resort And Spa
- The Westin Langkawi Hotel Langkawi
- Westin Langkawi Resort
- Westin Langkawi Hotel
- Langkawi Westin