Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,476 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 January 2013

We booked this hotel as a part of our honeymoon package. I am a business traveler and have had the opportunity to stay at many 5 star hotels throughout the years. I never write reviews about anything, but I had to here! This hotel is terrible!!!!! Disgusting!!! Filthy!!!! Old!!!! Anything bad you can ever imagine about a hotel, its there. We checked in and checked out within an hour! This hotel is the worst a hotel can ever get!!!

To start with, the hotel lobby was huge, and the reception was welcoming. But as soon as we sat down to have our "welcome drink" we encountered little insects on our table. Not the harmless kind. The ones that would cause itching. Moreover, the lobby sofas and cushioned chairs were in terrible condition. They were torn.

Moreover, there is absolutely no landscaping done at this hotel. It looks like you are entering a jungle. The rooms look like 100 year old ill-maintained bungalows. As soon as we got into the room, we saw a lizard and asked for it to be removed. The hotel sent a guy to catch the lizard with his hand who ransacked the whole room trying to catch it. He was unable to catch it and showed us a hole in the room where it could have escaped!!! A HOLE!!!! Also, remember the small insects we encountered at the lobby? There were a lot of them in the room as well!!! Other people on trip advisor indicate that their bed was amazing...but how can you sleep with peace when you have insects and lizards in your room?

The condition of the bathroom was terrible as well. The peripherals were no where close to even a 3 star government run lodge. There was mold everywhere.

We were given a choice to stay at their best room, which was a suite, and there was no difference.

Nonetheless, the reception staff was very cooperative and helped us get online to make a reservation at another hotel and provided with a complimentary lunch (which was also terrible!!)

Still, we checked out and booked Meritus Pelangi, which is an excellent hotel!

I am pretty sure this hotel will close soon! If not, DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

2  Thank Victor S
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Langkawi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2013

Dear Victor S,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with the feedback about your stay with us in this review.

It is with regret to hear that your recent experience with us was not up to your expectations, in that you found the hotel cleanliness and maintenance were below the expected standards.

I apologize for the inconveniences you went through with the insects upon your arrival. We would like to assure you that periodic fumigation is carried out in all the rooms as well as public areas. Meanwhile, we will also work closely with the pest control company to see how this can be further improved.

Maintenance of our hotel grounds are currently taken care by a dedicated landscape team. I appreciate your feedback and rest assured this has been constantly looked into with my team members to ensure our gardens as well as surrounding areas are kept cleaned and presentable at all times.

We value our guest’s feedbacks and regularly reviews with the team members to ensure actions have been taken to improve the facilities and service we offer for guest satisfaction. The shortfall in our bathroom cleanliness that you encountered is very much regretted. As we would like to resolve this issue, please provide me with detail of your stay to my email kumar.renoo@sheraton.com .

It was most unfortunate that I missed the opportunity to meet you personally to apologize on the shortfall areas while you were at the Resort. Anyhow, I have noted your comments for our future improvement and thank you for your highlight on the service you received from our Front Desk associate in handling your online booking.

We hope you will give us the opportunity to make improvements and let us welcome you back.

Reviewed 9 January 2013

Overall impression - unbelievable this hotel belongs to the Sheraton chain!

In particular:
- check in / check out service: slow, 5 persons behind the counter - one of them serves, the remaining 4 watch, even if there is a queue

- concierge: can not be assessed due to the language barrier

- tour agent: a role limited to handing over the trip catalogues and calling a boss by any question from the guests. Note - all excursions were highly overpriced. The only positive outcome of contacting the concierge and tour operator was the fact that we were highly motivated to arrange everything by ourselves which has turned out good for us at the end

- cleanliness: the entire hotel, including the guest rooms, is just DIRTY! You can spot huge spider nets in the Traders Restaurant, old, shabby furniture in Chime, dead flies on the wall of our bathroom (we were checking them everyday and during our 5 days stay nobody bothered to cleaned them), big staines on the glass door and awfully dirty tables of the Feast (another restaurant), smelly men's restroom in the lobby.

- ambiance: was probably nice 30 years ago when the hotel was new but it really needs a refurbishment now

- staff responsiveness and friendliness: you can forget the standards like "welcome to our hotel", "how was your stay?", "what can I do for you?", etc.
2 concrete examples:
1. when we checked in, as an SPG Gold member, we got an upgrade to a better room. To our surprise we noticed a leakage in the toilet which we immediately reported (at about 4pm). A handy man visited our room 3 times and couldn't fix it. His last visit was after 10 pm, and we were fed up with the whole situation and called guest services in oder to change the room. Which we finaly managed, another "upgrade", well after 11 pm. Until now we haven't heard any apology for the inconvenience or any question if everything was ok at the end (even during our check out)
2. At the check out we noticed 3 out of 5 breakfasts we had during our stay, were missing in our bill. Instead of "thank you" when we asked to charge us for missing ones, we had to wait so long until the staff sorted out the problem.

- Internet: first of all available in the guest rooms only with an additional charge, theoretically free and available in the lobby, pool, restaurants. Theoretically... It was a nightmare to connect and even if you managed, the connection was not stable.

- restaurants: overpriced, depressive, very slow service. After visiting 2 of them (Feast and Traders) on the day 1, we decided not to try anymore again, took a taxi and spent every evening out of the hotel

Hints: in Cenang town (20 min drive and 24 MYR one way) you can find nice places to eat (like La Sal@Casa del Mar or The Cliff - reservations needed) or have sun rise drink at the beach bar of the Meritus hotel.

Date of stay: January 2013
1  Thank Justyna_and_Artur

Dear Justyna_and_Artur,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review.

It is regrettable that your recent stay at the Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort did not meet the expectations that other Sheraton Hotels have provided for you. One of the major purposes of online reviews is to highlight areas for improvement and your feedback provides our hotel with valuable information that we can review to improve on for the future.

Please accept my sincerely apologies for your experience and we will certainly review the overall performance of our service to ensure we are able to provide the best service possible moving forward.

We understand that this has tarnished your impression about us but we sincerely hope that you would give us an opportunity to make improvements and let us welcome you back.

Once again, I regret for the disappointment and if there is an opportunity for us to restore your faith in us, please feel free to contact me at kumar.renoo@sheraton.

Reviewed 7 January 2013

Nice hotel where all the accommodation is in bungalows. The pool area is very nice and attentive service. The food is not the strong point and the a la carte menu is very restricted. Wifi is free and only available at the front desk and pool. The location is for those who want to escape the movement of Cenang Beach, the most famous beach with crystal clear waters. Ask for breakfast in the room and enjoy in your bangalow varanda.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Langkawi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2013

Dear SamBarbieri,

Thank you very much for enjoying your stay at the Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort and taking the time to provide this review.

It is nice to read your highlights on our pool area as well as the service you received from our Pool Bar associates that enhances our guest experience.

We value our guest’s feedbacks and regularly reviews it with the team members to ensure we consistently provides the expected service for guest satisfaction.

I appreciate your comments on our a la carte menu, rest assured this has been shared with our Food & Beverage Manager for our future improvement.

Many thanks for your kind review. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 7 January 2013

We had previously been to Langkawi and stayed in the Westin Villas on the other side of the island so my expectations may have been too high, plus we had just stayed in the Westin in Kuala Lumpur the previous 4 nights, however I was rather shocked at the state of the Sheraton upon my arrival. The lobby was nice enough, maybe a little bit dark but acceptable.
When we arrived to the room however, I was greeted with rickety and creaking old bungalow. Not to be deterred, I forged ahead in hope that the room would make up for the exterior bungalow's shortfall.

Boy was I disappointed!!! As I entered I the room to inspect the dwellings, I immediately found that 3 separate lights did not not work, one in the bathroom, one on the balcony and one above the television. A maintenance man did come and replace two of the three lights later that day, but I would soon find out why the bathroom may have been missing a light, as the state of the bathroom falls well below what I would expect for a Starwood property. The tile grout and sealant on the shower looked like it hadn't been repaired for a number of years, and looked black from years without cleaning. There was also a missing knob on one of the bathroom doors and the water pressure in the bathroom sink was so none existent, brushing your teeth was lengthy shore, let alone shaving.

The beds were quite nice and we did sleep well, however the television was so far away my daughter had to bring the desk chair to watch the tv. Remote controls were missing both the battery cover and the front slider.

There were a number for power points available to charge computers/phones/tablets etc, however all 3 power points that I tried required quite a lot of fiddling to actually get the power to start running through the adapters. This alone was quite scary as you could hear the contact points crackling behind the plastic facade as the electricity was trying to jump across.

Upon inspection of the minibar for a cool drink, I found that it was completely bare (and was not restocked at all over the 4 days we were there), plus the interior light was not working, and the there was more electrical crackling sounds when you opened the door. Not very reassuring... maybe that's why it was not restocked, as liquids inside a faulty fridge could prove fatal.

After a very disappointing introduction to the room, we decided to visit pool and beach. The small pockets of beach were very nice with nice soft sand and were ideal for families to sit together and enjoy the scenery. The infinity pool was ok, quite large and with a bar, but also required some upkeep/repair from what I could observe. Never the less we tried to make the most of it and spent a fair bit of time around the pool and beaches.

The staff and service were very very good. Everyone was extremely helpful and always had a smile on their face. Requests were done in a timely fashion and never seemed like too much. From my conversations with numerous locals I suspect that this hotel will be closed very soon, or Starwood will take away the Sheraton name from this property as it is bringing down the brand.

Location wise this hotel isn't too far from the airport or Cenang Mall strip, which is good for food and touristy shopping, its just too bad that it doesn't live up to the Sheraton name that I have come to recognize.

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Chet F
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Langkawi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2013

Dear Chet F,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review.

I am sorry to learn of your recent experience with us. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Thank you for your comments about the maintenance as well as safety related issues you encountered in your guestroom – we would like to be able to check on the this immediately. Please feel free to contact me at kumar.renoo@sheraton.com so I can investigate this further, as I would appreciate the chance to prevent similar events from occurring.

On the positive note, thank you for letting me know how impressed you were with the service received from our associates in taking care of your needs. They are the savior when comes to guest satisfaction.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and I look forward to hear from you again.

Reviewed 6 January 2013

Definately not to Standard as advertised. Maintenence is badly needed - rotting steps along board walk leading to breakfast area. Air conditioning not working in the breakfast restaurant. It was cooler sitting on verandah under the fans. Broken lights and furniture in garden along board walk and near our room. Staff uniforms very old. Service not good in breakfast resturaunt and at pool. The tariffs should reflect the run down state of the hotel. Despite similar reviews nothing has changed and I will be notifying my travel agent not to send people to this place.

Greetings Leeanne J,

We thank you for taking the time to write this review of your recent stay with us.

Whilst we continually strive for Operational Excellence, I am sorry for not meeting your expectations. I have noted your comments regarding maintenance issues and service you received at Feast as well as Pool Bar. Rest assured, I have raised this issues with our Maintenance and Food & Beverage team and we will address it through our ongoing quality training and maintenance programs.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused during your stay. We hope you will give us the opportunity to make improvement and let us welcome you back.

Once again, thank you very much for your valuable feedback.