“Extremely old rooms, dirty and bad service.”

Century Langkawi Beach Resort
Ranked #72 of 104 Hotels in Langkawi
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

I was extremely surprised when I arrived to my room (expecting Sheraton level)... The room was amazingly old (felt like an old and creepy motel)! I wanted so much to have a nice and relaxing time at the bathtub and it was very dirty!!! The shower and the bathroom is also dirty and old. Totally not what I expected (specially considering the "Sheraton" brand and the price).
I called reception several times (to ask them to clean the bathtub) and no one answered (and the villa is really far away from reception... so I had to resign to the idea of using the tub).
I'm even actually considering going to another hotel (although my room is already paid for two more nights)... it is really creepy and not what I paid for.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Paocsm
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Langkawi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Dear Paocsm,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review.

I am sorry to hear that your recent stay at the Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort did not leave you with a luxury experience that other Sheraton Hotels have provided for you. I sincerely apologize for the disappointment you had expressed and inconvenience caused.

Please feel free to contact me at kumar.renoo@sheraton, as I would like to look into the issues raised personally.

Again, thank you for your valuable feedback. I look forward to hearing from you again.

Warm regards

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Trusting the Sheraton brand, we booked 2 standard rooms at the resort; however the stay did not quite live up to expectation! The resort is generally tired and in need of some TLC; however the biggest gripe is that the rooms were not as clean as they should have been. There is a distinct damp smell, one of the sheets had a clear tear and on the last day while checking nothing was left behind I discovered an inch of dust under the beds!

Hotel's policies should also be reviewed, what kind of poolside bar closes before sunset when it is essentially cocktail time?

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ZA_Mark

Dear ZA_Mark,

Thank you very much for sharing your recent experience at the Sheraton Langkawi Beach
Resort in this review.

It is regrettable that your recent stay with us was not to your expectations. I sincerely apologize for the housekeeping issues you encountered in your room. Please be assured that our Executive Housekeeper has been made aware, as to ensure we continually provides the expected quality and standard for guest satisfaction.

We appreciate our guest’s comments, as it provides us with valuable information for our future improvement. I have taken your comments on board in regards to our Pool Bar operation hours, rest assured this has been shared with our Food & Beverage Venue Manager.

Once again, I regret for your experience and thank you very much for your valuable feedback.

We hope you will give us an opportunity to make improvements and let us welcome you back.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Booked 2 rooms for 5 people, through a friends company we managed to get a room upgrade which was awesome. Staff was good in recommending places that we could go to for food and alcohol. That was the highlight unfortunately.

Old musty rooms, a "beach" which isn't really a beach, and overall a pretty aged look for the hotel. Beach was tiny and not a place you would want to lounge on. Restaurants were extremely overpriced, we didn't even bother trying the food. Spa and sauna facilities were decent, however there was no one there to help us work the facilities even after calling the front desk.

For young people, hotel is good if you just want a place to sleep and head out the entire day. If not, be prepared for boredom. Lots of families and older couples so not really a place for people below 35.

2  Thank kisharn t

Dear kisharn t,

Thank you very much for providing us with this review.

We appreciate your comments, as it enables us to continue monitor and provides us with valuable information that certainly be beneficial in our future development consideration.

I very much regret to hear of your experience at our Fitness Center, please be assured that team member concern has been made aware to ensure guests are not similarly disappointed in the future. I apologize for any inconvenience caused on this occasion.

Once again, thank you very much for your comments. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Booked 2 rooms. (4ppl)
Two double bed room, See facing with Jacuzzi.

And we checked in and went to the room.
All room was one bed room....

Reception lady's attitude was terrible.
She just gave us the extra bed.

And even it's hotel's operation mistake,
She did not apologize at all.

Room was very old, not only old but not clean.
Several points are broken in toilet and shower.
maintenance was so poor.

I realized room service menu was not updated.
(When I made an order at night, )

and on the menu book, many hand writings, drawing by kids...

I was so disappointed with this Sheraton.
Starwood management really have to think about cutting off this hotel....
I never had this experience with Starwood group....

Don't stay, this is not Sheraton...

Room Tip: Go to Westin for sure.

Dear TJ6793,

Thank you very much for feedback of your recent stay at the Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort.

I regret to hear that your recent stay with us was not to your expectations. I would like to apologize for the disappointment you had expressed and any inconvenience caused on this occasion.

As I would like to look into the points raised personally, please feel free to contact me at kumar.renoo@sheraton.com.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

We spent two nights here as part of our honeymoon. The only thing we didn't realise prior to booking is that you can't swim in the ocean due to jellyfish. The room was nice, although the shower could use updating. Hotel staff were kind and the gentleman at the tour desk was honest and booked us in for a great tour.

The buffet breakfast was really good and the cocktails were really strong.

The only issue is the layout of the hotel - but the hotel offers a shuttle to get around this. You can't avoid the multitude of stairs. We had to walk up 83 steps to get from the pool to our room If you have knee problems, think twice about staying here. Other than that, it was great.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Langkawi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Dear sanjde,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review… and especially for choosing our resort to celebrate your honeymoon.

It is a pleasure to hear that you had a great stay with us and most importantly you enjoyed our warm hospitality. Please be assured that I have shared your kind words with the Tour Desk representative as well.

Our buffet breakfast menu and cocktails have been created thoughtfully taking guest needs in consideration. I am sure that our Chefs and Bartenders are happy to read your comments.

There are alternative access (with zero to maximum three steps) that leads to our pool deck. However, we do encourage guest to notify the hotel at time of booking if there is any special arrangement needed to avoid any disappointment.

Once again, thank you very much for your valuable comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

very good location. very friendly staff. upon arrival our room was complimentarily upgraded. wooden style large rooms and balconies. little bit of wear and tear. good breakfast buffet. not too far away from the airport. overall me and my family enjoyed the whole stay. will definetly recommend to others.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MENT2013

Dear MENT2013,

Thank you very much for your kind review.

We are pleased that you chose to stay with us and most importantly your overall expectations were met.

Many thanks for your valuable feedback. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Rude, insincere and incapable tour desk staff; disgraceful.

We booked 2 tours via the tour desk. The first was island hopping tour. Don't book via this desk and with any agency called SALA. When we got back to the hotel we gave feedback to the tour desk.

We were not happy about paying MYR150 to be delayed for more than 1 hour and get two thirds of what was advertised to us. We might as well pay the local price of MYR30-35.

For our second tour, they told us to be ready about 1.5hr earlier than the departure!

When we were in the van back to the hotel, we weren't on the return list! So we got back late and could not go out for dinner on our final night.

The next day we spoke with the tour desk manager, and were astounded that she just blamed all the operators and also us for forgetting they had ‘told’ us there would be a delay! When I mentioned that we felt she didn't genuinely care, she said contemptuously "Well I did say sorry didn't I? Didn't you hear me earlier? When I said sorry?".

I’m thankful for the hotel's DOS, who listened and actually cared to understand why we were upset. Hopefully they can fix the tour situation soon. It is sad to see the Sheraton brand poisoned by a tour agency who don't care about guests.

2  Thank trala
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Langkawi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Dear trala

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and it concerns me that you did not feel genuinely cared for as one of our guest at Sala Tours & Travel.

I have noted your disappointment with the tours arranged for you and how your complaint was handled by the Tour Desk Manager at Sala. I am grateful that you had reached out to us to voice out your concern during your stay and our Director of Sales, Ms. Tan has met up with you personally to provide the necessary assistance in resolving the issue you had with the agent. Guest satisfaction is our one of our priority and I can assure you that the points raised have been reviewed with the Tour Desk Manager concern to ensure our guests are not similarly disappointed in the future.

Once again, I regret for any inconvenience caused on this occasion and thank you very much for your valuable feedback.