“Average only”

Century Langkawi Beach Resort
Ranked #68 of 103 Hotels in Langkawi
“Average only”
Reviewed 26 December 2013

The resort was just average , the room big , the service is good but the furniture was old , the gym was older than me ... it is at the middle of no where luckily we have a car to travel . the restaurant never went to eat but the lounge was like never open or just nobody

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DylanSoh
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Langkawi Beach Resort, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Dear DylanSoh,

Thank you very much for the review of your stay at Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort.

We appreciate your positive comments as well as highlights on areas for our future improvement.

Many thanks for choosing to stay with us.

Warm regards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 26 December 2013

My family and I stayed here in Sept. For 3 days. We stayed in one room with two double beds, we have two young kids. The service was adequate at the hotel they were very helpful. The rooms were stuck in 1980 with old rugs and the dark wood walls. The kids loved the pool and the day trips we took around Langkawi. The hotel owners seems to be letting this hotel run itself into the ground. Parts of the hotel were shut down , the grass and trees were not trimmed. Steps down to pool area were old broken and cluttered with branches from surrounding trees. We got a good cheap deal on internet so value for what we got was ok, but would not pay the asking price on rooms there. Breakfast was not included around 30$ adults and 15$ for kids too expensive ! Offered tours were crazy expensive , we hired a taxi driver to take us around all day for 1/4 the hotel price. Would not go back too many other choices. Quite disappointed that Sheraton still allows their name to be on this property, which I suspect will not be for long as a new Sheraton four points was just built but right next to airport. Kids had fun and that was main thing, would not recommend unless you get a real cheap deal.

Room Tip: Take taxis off tours avoid hotel concierge tour too expensive.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Bob F,

Thank you very much for sharing your recent experience at the Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort in this review.

It is regrettable that your recent stay with us did not meet the expectations that other Sheraton Hotels have provided for you. Your comments and highlights on areas for our improvement are very much appreciated, as it enables us to continue monitor and provides us with valuable information that certainly be beneficial in our future development considerations.

I would like to apologize for the disappointment you had expressed and inconvenience caused. I can assure you that maintenance issues have been looked into priority with team member concern and we carried out regular checks to ensure our hotel gardens as well as the facilities we offer are well maintained at all times for our guest’s comfort.

In regards to your comments on the tour prices offered at Sala Tour Desk, rest assured this has been shared with the them.

Once again, thank you very much for your comments.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

My family was utterly disappointed with Sheraton standard and not value for money at all. Everything in the room are very run down and with stains all over. If you left any food out on the balcony, food will be snatch by wild monkeys. But, their shuttle service for pick up are prompt and their staff are very helpful. We would like to thank Mr Kumar for arranging a good car rental to us.

The location is not close to the popular beach area. Food and beverage range for breakfast is limited, not worth for the price they charged. Hope they can improve in this area too.

Room Tip: We requested connecting rooms but was told that rooms will be located further away and gave us a doo...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear katrinachong,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

We appreciate your positive comments as well as highlights on areas for our future improvements.

Whilst you seems happy with our warm hospitality, I have noted your disappointment in regards to the hotel standards. I am sorry to hear that the accommodation provided for you was less than satisfactory. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused on this occasion.

The buffet breakfast menu has been designed thoughtfully taking guest needs in consideration. Our Chef has been made aware of this as to share with the team.

Normally, our Front Desk Associates would try as much as possible to accommodate our guest’s request (i.e. room assignment), however at times it is a challenge for us especially when room availability is very limited.

Once again, thank you very much for your valuable comments, as it enables us to continue monitor and make improvements for better guest experience.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

Long review below, summary : room condition wasn't up to a 5 star quality. (We paid Rm600 for a night for a dirty room). Reception service needs improvement and be more proactive; breakfast waitress are slow ( forgiven as they are intern)

Me and my bf came to Langkawi for holiday; as a member of starwoods group, We have chosen sheraton langkawi for our 4 days 3 nights stay.
Upon checked in, We arrived around 1:30p.m, it was early but we decided to drop by the hotel and checked whether the room is ready before we head to lunch ( we were starving and tired after the traveling). We were asked to have a seat while the receptionist will check on the room status. So we thought give it a wait. After 45 minutes, we were restless so we check with the counter again on our room availability. The receptionist told us our room was ready and hand us the key. It wasn't busy at that moment, and we were just sitting there at the lobby. Why can't she called out our name and inform us ?

When we reached our room, thinking to have a quick shower before getting our lunch. We were stunned to see the condition esp the toilet: dusty around the bath tub, yellow stain on the tub. Drilling holes on the wall ( suppose to be a shelf to place our toiletries, hence we have to place the shampoo , bath gel etc on the floor). Besides dirty toilet: The bench of the balcony was dusty; only one glass available; and no mineral water provided. We understand these are small issues as we can request for it but this shows that the housekeeping department hasn't completed their job. If the room was not fully ready for the guest, we appreciate if the reception counter tell us the truth.

Another point to add: prior to our stay, we received an email saying that our room is a smoking room as the non-smoking one is fully booked due to the peak season. So upon checked in, we told the staff hoping she can try her best to get a non-smoking room for us. The answer was " all our rooms are non smoking". Surprised by her reply, we didn't go on and tell her about the email we received. BUT what we found in our room? An ASH TRAY! So we were confused whether our room is meant for non smoking or smoking.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Huewie
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Langkawi Beach Resort, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Dear Huewie,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at the Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort in this review.

Firstly, I would like to apologize for your experience and the inconvenience caused. The shortfall in our service delivery and room maintenance that you encountered during your stay is very much regretted. Please be assured that team member concern has been made aware, as to ensure they consistently provides the expected service and standards for guest satisfaction.

We do proud ourselves for being able to accommodate our guest’s needs, however, I am sorry to note that you were not impressed with our check in process and the way how our Front Desk associates responded to your needs. Normally any request for non smoking room, our Front Desk will arrange the assigned room to be given a refresh by our Room Attendant before guest checks in. I sincerely apologize for your experience and the inconvenience caused.

We value your comments, as it enables us to continue monitor and make improvements for better guest experience.

Once again, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused and thank you very much for your valuable feedback. We hope you will give us an opportunity to make improvements and let us welcome you back.

Beijing, China
Reviewed 20 December 2013

As someone who doesn't normally write reviews of hotels yet travels a lot I felt the poor standard of this hotel was something to warm others off before you consider booking.

On arrival we were told our room wasn't ready, we were not given an estimated time we could expect a room nor offered welcome drinks as we have been at other resorts on Langkawi island. However, we thought we'd give the service the benefit of the doubt.

On arriving at our room we were shocked to find that the room was dirty. There was layers of dust on some areas that clearly have not been cleaned in months. The bathroom was grimy and there was mould around much of the fittings. Around the fridge (which barely works) there was food stains and yet more dirt. Around the bottom of the bed the white linen was stained grey.

The general lack,of care for the rooms is not what we expected for a 5 star hotel. It is 2 stars at best. In fact, I have stayed in backpacker resorts that are cleaner.

Very disappointed. I am glad we only stayed 3 days. Don't be fooled by the photographs. This place is in need of overhaul and a lot of TLC.

Stayed December 2013.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Zena970
Dear Zena970,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review.
I regret to hear that your recent stay at the Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort did not meet the expectations that previous Sheraton Hotels have provided for you. One of the major purposes of online reviews is to highlight areas for improvement and your feedback provides us with valuable information that we can review to improve on for the future.

Normally welcome drink is served upon guest arrival, I am sorry that you did not received it. Please be assured that team member concern has been made aware as to ensure we consistently provides the expected service. I apologize for this.

Thank you for your comments about the cleanliness issues you encountered in your guestroom – we would like to be able to correct this immediately. Please feel free to contact me at kumar.renoo@sheraton.com so I can investigate this further to avoid any disappointment in the future.

Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

Ignore what they tell you about this being 5 star, it's 3 star at best. Staff very nice but hotel extremely tired and run down. Accommodation very basic (pictures on website have clearly had Photoshop treatment or were taken 10 years ago). Air condition barely works and shower in same unit as toilet! Have stayed in better backpacker hotels, no romance here. Avoid and go to Thailand instead!

Trying to get out of the hotel and away from the 2 year olds the travel desk will tell you cash only and no ATM in the hotel. You will need to take a taxi back to the airport to draw cash as the hotel will not charge to the room or give a cash advance.

Nothing truly Asia about this part of Malaysia....

Stayed December 2013
Dear O2Travel4Ever,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review.

I am sorry to hear that the accommodation provided for you during your recent stay at the Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort was less impressive and you were disappointed with the service received from the Tour Desk Agent.

We appreciate your comments, as it enables us to continue monitor and make improvements for better guest experience. Please be assured that the maintenance and service issues you encountered have been shared with team member concern to ensure guests are not similarly disappointed in the future.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused on this occasion and rest assured that we strive to accommodate our guest’s needs as much as possible to ensure they had a comfortable stay.
Once again, I apologize and thank you very much for your valuable feedback.

Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

I was extremely surprised when I arrived to my room (expecting Sheraton level)... The room was amazingly old (felt like an old and creepy motel)! I wanted so much to have a nice and relaxing time at the bathtub and it was very dirty!!! The shower and the bathroom is also dirty and old. Totally not what I expected (specially considering the "Sheraton" brand and the price).
I called reception several times (to ask them to clean the bathtub) and no one answered (and the villa is really far away from reception... so I had to resign to the idea of using the tub).
I'm even actually considering going to another hotel (although my room is already paid for two more nights)... it is really creepy and not what I paid for.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Paocsm
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Langkawi Beach Resort, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Dear Paocsm,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review.

I am sorry to hear that your recent stay at the Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort did not leave you with a luxury experience that other Sheraton Hotels have provided for you. I sincerely apologize for the disappointment you had expressed and inconvenience caused.

Please feel free to contact me at kumar.renoo@sheraton, as I would like to look into the issues raised personally.

Again, thank you for your valuable feedback. I look forward to hearing from you again.

Warm regards