I'm not an expert when it comes to 5 star hotels but I am pretty sure the service received as well as the conditions of the rooms definitely do not deserve this 5 Star rating.
Upon arrival at the hotel, there was no one in sight to greet us at the hotel lobby entrance. we had to unload our own bags from the trunk of the car. I'm sure there is meant to be a bellboy or concierge waiting to welcome you to the hotel. When we arrived at the check in counter (3pm), our room was not ready. check out time is 12pm, I'm sure the allotted 3 hours is more than sufficient to have the rooms cleaned and ready for check in. And no welcoming drinks.
When we went down to the pool area to relax, we were greeted by a very rude person attending to the towels. No greeting, and in a rude tone asked if I was staying in the hotel as if to suggest that I would wander in off the street just to use their swimming pool and take their towels. This was very offensive. Second time we went down, we were told to come back in 30 mins. in a very rude tone as if to suggest that he was the boss and were minions. They were out of towels. I can safely say that if I was not of Asian appearance, I would have not been treated this way.
On the second last day of our trip, I found MOLD on our bath towels in the room. This is not just a small spot on the edge, but was practically covering the whole towel. Mind you we had a baby who was going to use that towel. Lucky thing I checked before we bathed him.
We have stayed in 3 and 4 star hotels that are of similar age to this resort and they have had far better standards in hygiene and most definitely the friendliness of their staff members. Novotel would be a hotel Sheraton staff members should learn from.
To cap all of this off, we had their Christmas buffet dinner. One word describes it all 'Terrible'. The food quality and selection at the buffet is one you can come to expect from s 3 star hotel. It was a horrible experience. Possibly the only thing that made is nicer was the Santa that came in to greet the kids. (You guys did 1 thing right)
There was one staff member that did shine through, Sadly it was one of the managers Valerie Ong. I say sadly because it would have been nicer to have someone that was not management level to shine.
My advice, avoid like the black plague.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the northwestern shore of Peninsular Malaysia, an ancient group of islands collectively known as Pulau Langkawi awaits you. Our resort is nestled amidst 38 acres of spacious, lush tropical surroundings with private beach coves. Whether you crave an exciting escape or a peaceful sanctuary – you will find it in Langkawi. The resort is just a short 10-minute car ride from Langkawi International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Century Langkawi Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Langkawi Beach Hotel Langkawi
- Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort
- Langkawi Sheraton