Century Langkawi Beach Resort
The Danna Langkawi(Pantai Kok)
US$306
US$125
US$106
Trip.com
  • Pool
Casa del Mar, Langkawi(Pantai Cenang)
US$275
  • Breakfast included
US$751
US$700
1,464 results
All reviewscaptain's grillpool barsea viewbuffet breakfastlobby areamonitor lizardsprivate beachrented a carbeach frontcable carnice resortcenang beachmonkeysislandwildlifechaletnature
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I'm not an expert when it comes to 5 star hotels but I am pretty sure the service received as well as the conditions of the rooms definitely do not deserve this 5 Star rating.

Upon arrival at the hotel, there was no one in sight to greet us at the hotel lobby entrance. we had to unload our own bags from the trunk of the car. I'm sure there is meant to be a bellboy or concierge waiting to welcome you to the hotel. When we arrived at the check in counter (3pm), our room was not ready. check out time is 12pm, I'm sure the allotted 3 hours is more than sufficient to have the rooms cleaned and ready for check in. And no welcoming drinks.

When we went down to the pool area to relax, we were greeted by a very rude person attending to the towels. No greeting, and in a rude tone asked if I was staying in the hotel as if to suggest that I would wander in off the street just to use their swimming pool and take their towels. This was very offensive. Second time we went down, we were told to come back in 30 mins. in a very rude tone as if to suggest that he was the boss and were minions. They were out of towels. I can safely say that if I was not of Asian appearance, I would have not been treated this way.

On the second last day of our trip, I found MOLD on our bath towels in the room. This is not just a small spot on the edge, but was practically covering the whole towel. Mind you we had a baby who was going to use that towel. Lucky thing I checked before we bathed him.

We have stayed in 3 and 4 star hotels that are of similar age to this resort and they have had far better standards in hygiene and most definitely the friendliness of their staff members. Novotel would be a hotel Sheraton staff members should learn from.

To cap all of this off, we had their Christmas buffet dinner. One word describes it all 'Terrible'. The food quality and selection at the buffet is one you can come to expect from s 3 star hotel. It was a horrible experience. Possibly the only thing that made is nicer was the Santa that came in to greet the kids. (You guys did 1 thing right)

There was one staff member that did shine through, Sadly it was one of the managers Valerie Ong. I say sadly because it would have been nicer to have someone that was not management level to shine.

My advice, avoid like the black plague.

Room Tip: A different hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank FaQua Q
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Langkawi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2014

Dear FaQua Q,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with the feedback about your stay with us in this review.

Please be informed that I have provided my personal response to you via email earlier.

Again, thank you for your comments and I would like to apologize for the disappointment you had expressed.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

This hotel is in need of renovation! I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone, I am sorry but it's not worth staying in. The staff are ok but the hotel is in a bad state. Also, there are too many monkeys outside so it is difficult to relax by the poolside without being attacked by them.

We also had to rely on a shuttle service, so each time we need to leave our room, we have to call the shuttle to pick us up, which was convenient at times.

This hotel is supposed to be a beach resort, but all there is around the hotel are a few rocks and monkeys hanging off the trees! I was so glad to check out from this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank HGUK_10
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Langkawi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear HGUK_10,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review.

It is regrettable that your recent stay at the Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort did not live up to your expectations. I am sorry to hear of your experience and I apologize for the inconvenience caused.

We appreciate your comments, as it enables us to continue monitor and take action to improve for our guest’s comfort and safety.

Again, I regret for the disappointment you had expressed and thank you very much for your valuable feedback.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

My boyfriend and I had a one night stay in Sheraton before departing to Penang the next day.
We arrived at Sheraton around 1.00pm, the staff is polite and prompt to check us in.
Providing us with information on the resorts with the maps and pointing out where the facilities are.

We have booked a Sea Facing Jacuzzi Room. The entrance to the room was dirty with web cobs, there are pillows on the desk along the corridor that has been placed for two days (still there after we have check-out the next day). The room has a nice sea view, spacious and clean flooring. However the toilet is a little dirty, we had a normal bathtub (without jaccuzi as they have stated in the booking), found hairs in the bathtub and has creaking sound when you step on it. The toilet bowl gives off weird smell, and the seat cover is old with visible bubbles on it. It will be good if they could revamp the toilet.The balcony is 'home' to some flies with holes in the corner of the walls.The telephone line and the safe does not work.The hotel staff resolve the telephone line while we are out after informing them. The safe was done while we are in the room when we return from our visit the to the cable car.The resort's staff are polite and helpful. They gives good suggestions to dining place which has good food and cheap. The swimming is clean with nice sea view.

Overall we had a good stay, the services by their staff made our day at Sheraton. It will be good if they could improve on the condition of the resort.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chunbinlim

Dear chunbinlim,

Thank you very much for sharing your recent experience at the Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort in this review.

I was delighted to hear that our associates were the highlight of your stay and you enjoyed our warm hospitality.

We value the positives as well as appreciate your highlight on areas for improvement. I have taken your comments on board that we could do better in regards to our room condition for better guest experience. Rest assured that we continually strive to improve our room facilities for guest satisfaction.

Again, thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and I apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

The resort was just average , the room big , the service is good but the furniture was old , the gym was older than me ... it is at the middle of no where luckily we have a car to travel . the restaurant never went to eat but the lounge was like never open or just nobody

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DylanSoh
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Langkawi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear DylanSoh,

Thank you very much for the review of your stay at Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort.

We appreciate your positive comments as well as highlights on areas for our future improvement.

Many thanks for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

My family and I stayed here in Sept. For 3 days. We stayed in one room with two double beds, we have two young kids. The service was adequate at the hotel they were very helpful. The rooms were stuck in 1980 with old rugs and the dark wood walls. The kids loved the pool and the day trips we took around Langkawi. The hotel owners seems to be letting this hotel run itself into the ground. Parts of the hotel were shut down , the grass and trees were not trimmed. Steps down to pool area were old broken and cluttered with branches from surrounding trees. We got a good cheap deal on internet so value for what we got was ok, but would not pay the asking price on rooms there. Breakfast was not included around 30$ adults and 15$ for kids too expensive ! Offered tours were crazy expensive , we hired a taxi driver to take us around all day for 1/4 the hotel price. Would not go back too many other choices. Quite disappointed that Sheraton still allows their name to be on this property, which I suspect will not be for long as a new Sheraton four points was just built but right next to airport. Kids had fun and that was main thing, would not recommend unless you get a real cheap deal.

Room Tip: Take taxis off tours avoid hotel concierge tour too expensive.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Bob F,

It is regrettable that your recent stay with us did not meet the expectations that other Sheraton Hotels have provided for you. Your comments and highlights on areas for our improvement are very much appreciated, as it enables us to continue monitor and provides us with valuable information that certainly be beneficial in our future development considerations.

I would like to apologize for the disappointment you had expressed and inconvenience caused. I can assure you that maintenance issues have been looked into priority with team member concern and we carried out regular checks to ensure our hotel gardens as well as the facilities we offer are well maintained at all times for our guest’s comfort.

In regards to your comments on the tour prices offered at Sala Tour Desk, rest assured this has been shared with the them.

Once again, thank you very much for your comments.