Century Langkawi Beach Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
The Danna Langkawi(Pantai Kok)
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
The Smith House Langkawi(Padang Mat Sirat)
1,463 results
All reviewscaptain's grillpool barsea viewbuffet breakfastlobby areamonitor lizardsprivate beachrented a carbeach frontcable carnice resortcenang beachmonkeysislandwildlifechaletnature
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Overall I had a positive impression of the hotel and my intention is to largely give a positive review, with some caveats.

The hotel is in a quiet spot with a lot of surrounding nature - plenty of chance to walk amongst the trees, or along the beach in private. The property is quite large.

I enjoyed the pool and the view of the sea from the pool - wish it stayed open a bit later, particularly since there is little else to do at the resort at that time besides leave in a taxi or go to one of their restaurants.

Little beach and you might be immediately turned off by the "beware of sharp rocks" and "beware of jellyfish" signs. I went in to the sea, no problem in my brief experience but I was cautious. Hanging around by the private beach was a fine thing to do for a couple hours but I preferred the pool.

Our room had internet, and I appreciated that. On the web site, it was written that free internet was not provided so that was a pleasant surprise.

It is in fact a nice hotel and good for a group or family to enjoy in relative seclusion however the main drawback to this hotel is that is not close to anything else at all. You definitely need to either rent a car (from the airport, not from the hotel) or be willing to take taxis which admittedly are cheap by western standards. For a group of 3-4 people, a taxi to Pantai Chenang is really insignificant ($8 total).

Aside from the location, another issue was that whoever cleaned our room seems to have invited inside several mosquitos. One of the nights I was fairly sleepless and I did get bitten a few times. In fact I was pretty disturbed by that.

Room Tip: I booked during low season and got a room upgrade. The room was quite large.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank istayinhotels
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Langkawi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear istayinhotels,

Thank you very much for this review of your stay.

It is nice to know that overall you had a pleasant experience and enjoyed the peaceful ambience as well as the amaziing views that the resort provides.

We value all feedbacks from our guests, as it enables us to continually monitor and improve our product and service. I have noted your concern regarding the mosquitos issue, please be assured that our Room Attendants have been made aware as to avoid similar disappointment. I do apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Travelling from one place to another on the island is more convenient by hiring a car otherwise taxis are available at a reasonable price.

Once again, thank you very much for your valuable feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

We love this side of Langkawi island. We had stayed in this area many times before but sadly the hotel we wanted had now closed down. We chose to stay at the Sheraton as it was on the same stretch of coastline. After a bumpy start we had a simply amazing time. The hotel is tired and neglected but the staff and the setting makes up for all of that. Breakfast was simply divine with a huge selection to chose from for all the family. They even brought in Soya milk for my son who is allergic to dairy.
As a family we really enjoyed the pool and beach and a drink at the pool bar where the staff were good company and helpful.
we only ate in the hotel restaurant in the evening once but this was very quiet and we actually prefer to go to the local restaurants to soak up the atmosphere. We also tried room service but I have to warn you this was always cold.
I treated myself to a Malay massage which was amazing. You have to shut your eyes to the unkempt area it is housed in. Once in side it was perfect. Not a massage for those who like the gentle approach. Other massages were available.
The wildlife with amazing. We had Sugargliders outside our room, monkeys, monitor lizards, geckos and friendly snakes. Everyday there was something new and beautiful to see.
The staff in reception were always helpful especially Val and the General Manager who was always happy to help and do anything to make our stay comfortable.
Yes it is tired and rubbish isn't always picked up promptly but this didn't spoil our 2 week holiday. I must say a big plus for me was a clean bathroom, comfy bed and good aircon.
One last thing the monkeys are very busy at night and you can hear them playing football on the roof. This didn't bother any of us as it was no worse than listening to the planes at night in London and was quite a nice thought to feel you were so close to nature.

Room Tip: Try and go for a beach facing room and away from the road. Don't be afraid to ask to be moved if the room if not up to standard.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sally O
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Langkawi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Sally O,

Thank you very much for sharing your recent experience at the Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort in this review.

We are extremely pleased that you chose to stay with us and our best reward was that you had a wonderful time.

Your kind comments on the service received, are a testament to the hard work and dedication that we demonstrate towards guest satisfaction. I am certain that team member concern is happy to read this.

With regards to the food ordered through our room service, I have noted and shared your comments with the service and culinary team.

Once again, thank you very much for your feedback which we sincerely value. It will allow us to improve on the concerns that you have highlighted.

We would be delighted to have the opportunity to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 4 days in April 2014 as soon as you walk in you want to run back out.
The Lobby & the rooms are shocking old furniture, dirty carpets like they have never been cleaned.
I only went there to sleep did not want to use any of their other facilities
The plants in the entrance are uprooted and dead the staff are hopeless. Rooms are old & tired monkeys jumping around on our room deck too scared to sit outside in case you are attacked by monkeys there is no sign to warn you that they are around throughout the property
Starwood Hotels brand is well known throughout the world for their High quality standard of service not too sure what standard is this hotel using. I DON’T KNOW why Sheraton or the Starwood Hotels would allow this hotel to use their name.
It’s a shame situated on a very good location a lot of potential but it needs a makeover from top to bottom. Langkawi is a beautiful little island but I will certainly won’t be staying at The Sheraton Langkawi Beach Hotel ever again and will not recommend it to anyone.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
7  Thank 726Maria
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Langkawi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear 726Maria,

Thank you very much for sharing this review.

It is regrettable that your recent stay with us was not to your expectations.

I would like to apologize for the disappointment you had expressed. Please feel free to contact me via email : kumar.renoo@sheraton.com, with details of your stay so that I can look into the issues raised personally.

Again, I regret for the inconvenience caused and I look forward to hear from you again soon.

Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

We decided to head out to Langkawi for leisure and quickly came to the conclusion that Sheraton Resort is excellent for that type of visit. The staff is very friendly, our suite was spacious and had a beautiful beach balcony and the facilities were just nice.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Jaap t,

Thank you very much for your kind review.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort on many more occasions in the near future.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We wanted our last 2 days in Langkawi to be the best closing to our holiday, so we thought of splurging a little. We checked online for the best hotels in Langkawi and after narrowed down our options we checked them one by one by driving there. Some of the nicer ones that we like happened to be full, too crowded, etc, and we were almost giving up. We finally realized that we haven't really given a thought of Sheraton Langkawi because their online rating was not that great and we read mixed reviews (some are really bad) on it. But since we drove by the area anyway, we decided to take a look at the property. We thought it wasn't as bad as the reviews. It had many nice looking wooden chalets and private beach, good infinity pool and it wasn't crowded by too many people.

We asked for the price of the Executive Suite (104 square meters) and found it to be reasonable compared to other similar hotels. The lady at the check-in counter (Silvi) was really friendly and helpful and we booked directly. We really enjoyed our stay there and found it to be a good place to close our holiday. The room was really spacious and comfortable, the jacuzzi was nice, all amenities were provided, and we especially enjoyed our big balcony on the second floor where we could see sugargliders (flying squirrels) glide from tree to tree, squirrels, hornbill, crows, and even some monkeys. It felt magical, being in a fancy resort and had the luxury of being surrounded by nature at its best.

Enjoying a glass of wine while watching the sun set in the ocean and fishermen ships sailing was really relaxing.

Some parts of the property were not really taken care of, that's true. We saw plates outside of rooms and nobody picked them up until really long, as if they don't have enough people/staff to do all the cleaning and maintaining. But overall things are nice if you can look past small things here and there. The breakfast buffet was great and had wide selection. The restaurants and lobby bar were good. My only concern is that their cocktail needs improvement. They tasted good, but could be better if they put a liiittle bit more of alcohol into them so those cocktails can tasted as they should be. One time I ordered Black Russian and it almost tasted like chocolate milk :(

The restaurant provided good food, but the serving was small and you can't feel full by ordering only one main course. It's a bit disappointing because our previous hotel spoiled us with great delicious food on big servings, so we can't help comparing.

Another thing that I like about this hotel is their amazing gym overlooking the ocean and lounge chairs next to it where you could chill after working out. Too bad the whirpool, sauna, etc were not functioning when we were there. It could have been nice to try them. When we finally checked out the next day, the reception easily take our request to have late check out for 3 pm without even asking for extra charge. This is a really nice gesture from the hotel.

Would definitely love to go back or recommend people to stay there.

Room Tip: Ask to get the room close from the swimming pool so you don't have to walk far, because this property is really big. They provide shuttle though if you end up staying in a far chalet. We like staying at the second floor so we can see all the exotic animals in the tree close from our balcony.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vina A

Dear Vina A,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay wth us during your holidays in Langkawi.

It was a pleasure to hear that you had such a memorable experience and enjoyed the services provided especially from our Front Desk team.

We strive to provide a high level of service to guests and to receive feedback such as yours is very reassuring and motivating. Thank you.

I am grateful for your comments regarding the food and beverage served at our Restaurant and Lobby Bar respectively, as such information enables us to continually monitor and make improvement to enhance the value for better guest experience. You have my assurances that our Chefs and Bartenders have been made aware.

Once again, thank you very much for your time and valuable feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.