My girlfriend and i went to the Sheraton in AUG 2009 and we thought that we'd try the hotel due to the promotion at the time (stay 3N for the price of 2N).
The hotel was nice and in it's heyday i suppose that it must have been quite something however, the whole area is starting to get on a bit and i would have to say that the relation between value for money and product isn't good.
The check-in for us was very quick and they got us to our room fast enough so no complaints there. When we got to the room the jacuzzi was in fact a hidromassage bath so it wasn't really a jacuzzi. The room was spacious, the views were nice, but to some they may find the room kind of too old looking, for us it was fine.
Room service was nice. They brought us our food quite quickly and the prices were average. When we went for breakfast the service was atrocious, really bad. We had to ask for them to bring us drinks, when they should ask you. The tables were dirty and the milk must have been on the table for a few hours because for us they didn't change the milk jug and we had to ask for more. The food at the Buffet was ok, some trip advisor users said that the buffet wasn't good but we found it ok.
In the evening at the lobby they were doing a happy hour (buy one get one free) the service wasn't good either. Nobody came round to ask anybody if they wanted any drinks/ more drinks, i mean come on people how could the service be so lousy? Later we decided to go to the chime bar. In the chime bar we ordered two martinis, big mistake. We'd had a few in singapore at the Mandarin oriental and they were awesome! at the sheraton they were really appalling!! A chocotini that left my girlfriend feeling alittle sick and i ordered somthing more tropical but the alcohol couldn't be noticed and they filled up the cocktail glasses 3/4 of the way, not like the Mandarin Oriental (proper martinis!!) When i complained the bar staff got alittle too huffed up over it and they kind of showed their temper due to me complaining and all (over 10mins).
overall, if you can try another hotel that has received better reviews! The sheraton is ok not a bad bad hotel but, defintely not, in my opinion a good hotel to be alittle pampered in. Sorry Sheraton Langkawi but you need to improve.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the northwestern shore of Peninsular Malaysia, an ancient group of islands collectively known as Pulau Langkawi awaits you. Our resort is nestled amidst 38 acres of spacious, lush tropical surroundings with private beach coves. Whether you crave an exciting escape or a peaceful sanctuary – you will find it in Langkawi. The resort is just a short 10-minute car ride from Langkawi International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Century Langkawi Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Langkawi Beach Hotel Langkawi
- Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort
- Langkawi Sheraton