Century Langkawi Beach Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
The Danna Langkawi(Pantai Kok)
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
The Smith House Langkawi(Padang Mat Sirat)
1,463 results
All reviewscaptain's grillpool barsea viewbuffet breakfastlobby areamonitor lizardsprivate beachrented a carbeach frontcable carnice resortcenang beachmonkeysislandwildlifechaletnature
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 August 2007

I just came back from Sheraton and I just simply could not agree what most of the writers commented about the hotel. I stayed with my family for four nights in the hotel and I found that the service was quite poor though I agreed that the room was spacious and with a sense of Malaysian culture in terms of interior design.

For dining, it is quite disapponted. The choice of breakfast and dinner buffet are almost the same. The so called BBQ was far from satisfactory. Choices were also very limited. It is so interesting why a 5 star buffet could provide some very simple vegetables as the main dishes for selection. I also have been waiting for a waiter/waitress to refill just a glass of water for more than half an hour. I almost needed to step into their kitchen to achieve such simple request.

I must say that it is a nice hotel with standard facilities but just simply not as described as most of the previous reviewers. Beach is horrible I may say, so I suggest the hotel officials not to mention this facility cox' it is really confusing.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank Jennayyy
Reviewed 2 August 2007

My husband and i stayed here on the first part of our honeymoon. Although our room was lovely - large and private and very modern, and the staff were friendly, the hotel has no beach. We were disappointed by the 'club med' atmosphere of the pool area and you can't escape onto the beach because there isn't really one! We were also very surprised to find the water brown and murky - not at all tropical and rather like the channel! On a couple of days we went around the island towards the Datai and found the beaches and water here much nicer - white sand and clear water as we had expected. Overall, a nice hotel but not worth the money if you are specifically after a beach holiday.

Stayed: June 2007
1  Thank abidabi07
Reviewed 31 July 2007

We stayed here after a disastrous stopover in Penang, but luckily my faith in holidays was restored here. I recommend not mixing islands, go straight to Langkawi. This place was like a fantasy resort - stunning little hideway nooks and crannies, incredible attention to detail, breath-taking natural scenery, and scallywag little monkeys who steal your room service if you aren't careful. Staff were reserved but helpful. Actually my four year old got sick on the last day, after we checked out, and they couldn't do enough to help us, even gave us an beach towel to take with us because he needed a makeshift pillow. Just don't, I repeat, DO NOT, take the ferry here.

To be honest this review is a little old, so I can't exactly remember the room or the food... just those dreamy moments on our own private beach, reading books and looking for shells and sipping ice coffees. Two off-duty balinese masseuse girls wandered down to the beach to make sand castles with my four year old and giggle over his antics. My 8 year old thought a swimming pool with a bar, where he could sit and eat an ice cream, was the coolest thing ever. Personally I think the pool bar is just a bit yucky (like, how come those beer swilling guys have been sitting there for 4 hours and never gone to the toilet?), but still, it was all very cool.

We dream of going back!

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank Yippee_I_Oh
Reviewed 22 July 2007

My wife and I stayed here for a week. It was great....the hotel is built within a natural setting with a great beach, beautiful pool over looking the ocean with flying squirrels, monkeys, etc... in the area. I would recommend renting a car from the hotel and taking a drive, the island is somewhat small. We drove over the small town and had dinner at the yaht club one night and watched the sun set over the marina, it was so beautiful.

Even though the hotel is pricy its worth the extra for the setting...

• Stayed: February 2005, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shoemaker
Reviewed 11 July 2007

Truly outstanding hotel. All staff friendly, and more than helpful. Rooms excellent, huge bathrooms, huge beds, large sitting area and huge patio. The beaches are private and fabulous. The food was outstanding. The hotel is as ecofriendly as possible and is set in semi tropica surroundings where there are monkeys, monitor lizards, touchans, flying squirrels and a whole bunch of pretty fish. crabs (though the beaches are excellent).

We have stayed at a good few 5 star hotels and this is the best.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled as a couple