If you want to go to Langkawi, stay in this resort because it offers you experiences at half the price of other resorts.
For starters, there are wild creatures: monkeys, squirrels, hornbills, that you will encounter frequently in the setting of tropical rainforest. Basically the accommodations are categorized into rainforest and water chalets. We stayed at the premier chalet on water, situated at the outskirt of the rainforest, so we got best of both worlds.
This is a huge resort, emphasize on huge, that you will have to take shuttle rides to take you to places: to your chalet, from your chalet to the lobby, to the restaurant, spas. If you are adventurous and love to walk, it is possible to reach them by walk, although I might say that it will be quite a workout especially if your chalet is one of the most far.
Although the service might be average (maybe some of the waitresses or drivers are not having their best day), the experience of playing on the beach, walking in the jungle in the night (there is a free program of evening jungle walk for guests arranged by Dev's Adventure) will pay it off.
I believe this will be the best resort for families, the cable car ride is very near!
As for the rooms, ours (a premier chalet on water) did not disappoint. It is clean with the much needed shower and tub with adequate water pressure. Toilet amenities is complete, and the room is regularly replenished with complimentary snacks and fruits. Last night there was a storm and they sent someone to give small packets of pineapple pies to our room in the middle of the rain. Top notch (and poor lady, it could've been done in the following morning).
If you plan to stay here, to rent a car is a MUST. This place is nowhere near civilization (unlike Pantai Chenang and Kuah), and to get to places it requires 20-30 minutes of drive. Taxi is simply too expensive if you want to have a full day excursion out of the resort. Tip on renting car: go to the booth on your arrival at the airport, and bargain their price in half.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Home to Unesco's World GeoPark, discover the island said to have inspired love and miracles. Cocooned within a rainforest sanctuary, Berjaya Langkawi Resort embraces boundless views of emerald waters and green-cushioned mountains. With an array of convention facilities and inspired spa treatments complemented with heartfelt services, moments are filled with a sense of natural connection and harmonious retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Berjaya Langkawi Resort - Malaysia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Berjaya Langkawi Resort - Malaysia Hotel Langkawi
- Berjaya Langkawi Beach Hotel
- Resort Langkawi
- Berjaya Langkawi Beach Spa Resort