Berjaya Langkawi Resort - Malaysia
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$41
Sunset Beach Resort(Pantai Cenang)
US$49
US$67
The Danna Langkawi(Pantai Kok)
US$294
Azio Hotel(Langkawi)
US$22
US$19
5,209 results
All reviewsrainforest chaletoriental villagebeach restaurantshuttle servicethai restaurantdayang cafecable carpremier chaletshuttle busfamily chaletprivate beachon stiltssea viewflying lemurssky bridgemain lobbyour honeymoon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

We went to langkawi for 2 days in Berjaya
I booked the rain forest studio which was an excellent choice.
I enjoyed it to the maximum.
The breakfast was very good.
The pan thai restaurant was the best recommended for dining , the view , the food and the overall atmosphere were great.
While the oriental pearl is not so good and not recommended.
Before coming we had read a negative reviews about the shuttle between rooms and the lobby but really we didn't find any of these it was really a very good plus they are providing a free shuttle to the cable car and the oriental village.
The prices of booking the airport transportation is the same as booking it from an outside agent.
The hotel beach was great.
Conclusion: A very romantic and luxurious hotel , we recommend for honeymooners.

The only negative point is the internet Wi Fi service was not good.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

The resort is situated on a pristine location : access to a beautiful beach & surrounded by vast greeneries. Staff are professional, helpful & polite. However, the rooms are old & in need of major maintenance and upgrade. While the standard of housekeeping is maintained, the furnishing & amenities in the room are old & weary & not up to the standard of their room rates. While the property's location and surroundings attract many visitors, management should really dedicate some effort to upgrade & replace the fully depreciated furnishings & fittings.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank coffeester
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We had a wonderful time in this unique resort which located near from the international airport.
We stayed at a forest chalet that has a big clean bed room with a sitting area. I just loved their modern and classic bath room especially the bath tub.
All bungalows are fully independented that guarantee your privacy. This resort is very good for honeymooners. But we had to use shuttle service between rooms to main lobby and the restaurants whenever we had to move because they are really big resort. It always took some time for us to wait the shuttle bus. Their room rates are relatively fair and the food are also tasty.
All in all we satisfied their service and price.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I have been visiting Langkawi for the last 25 years and until this visit would always have stayed in Pantai Cenang at Pelangi or at the Beach Garden. However seeing how this part of the island has become so built up (in relative terms) over the last 2 years I was delighted to arrive at the Berjaya and feel like I had stepped into an oasis of calm.

The settting with the mountains behind, rainforest and then beach is just beautiful. I think there are pros and cons to being on the hillside v water and even from the outside some of the hillside chalets looked dark and dreary and in need of refurb. I was lucky enough to be in a waterfront (not the outer edge with unblocked view) but lovely setting none the less. Rooms were light, airy, well furnished and extremely clean. Bathroom had his & hers basins, bath and separate shower.

I spent 2 days for work in meetings/team building and the hotel looked after us well there - the evening bbq gala dinner on the beach was particularly enjoyable. My partner and I spend the weekend there afterwards relaxing mostly on the beach rather than poolside as was less crowded and swimming in the sea. It was also nice to walk along the beach and swim across to the other secluded beach right next door. We ate at the Thai restaurant - excellent - and tried the Beach restaurant but after an hour left as the service was so slow and we needed to catch our flight.

I must commend the shuttle service. I had read negative comments about this before I came but I thought the team did an excellent job - they were friendly, well-organised even with larger groups of people crowding around requesting shuttles and I waited 10 mins max each time.

Downsides - the wifi is very slow in the room and not much better in other parts of the hotel and I had little mobile phone reception in the room but perhaps that's a bonus too. I didn't try the spa as it was so overpriced - really felt they were making the most of people not wanting to leave the resort for this service.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank orangegenie
Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

I don't understand the negative reviews.

We booked a rainforest room online, but we decided to ask for an upgrade when we arrived and we got a sea view chalet.

Which was pretty awesome, dual vanities in the bathroom, big comfortable bed and a nice sea level balcony.

Our room was made up in the morning and when we returned after dinner, we had a new towels arranged like swans and flowers etc and we were left chocolates or a treat every evening.

The restaurants were very nice, where we had a nice meal every night. I would say the beach house restaurant was my favourite, though we had a nice Peking duck at the Oriental restaurant.

It's also adjacent to oriental park and the Langkawi cable car.

Overall it was a nice, comfortable and a relaxing environment. Exactly what we were looking for and we also felt it was very good value for money, especially as the sea view chalet upgrade wasn't that much extra.

Also the 10 minute walk to the lobby to our room wasn't a big issue, as we liked to walk off our meals and we saw it as benefit. Though the shuttle buses were never too far away to drop us off or pick us up.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple