Berjaya Langkawi Resort - Malaysia
The Danna Langkawi(Pantai Kok)
US$294
US$700
US$168
US$128
  • Breakfast included
Bon Ton Resort(Pantai Cenang)
US$178
US$457
Cancelon
  • Breakfast included
5,205 results
All reviewsrainforest chaletoriental villagebeach restaurantshuttle servicethai restaurantdayang cafecable carpremier chaletshuttle busfamily chaletprivate beachon stiltssea viewflying lemurssky bridgemain lobbyour honeymoon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Stayed here with friends. The hotel is 15/20 mins drive from the airport.

The main lobby is large, the reception is here and there are bars and restaurants. There are also desks where you can book excursions, but I'd recommend hiring a car and exploring the island yourself. You can get the same excursions for a fraction of the price if you go to the jetty and book yourself.

The beach and pool area are at the back of the reception building. The pool area is lovely, there's different pools available. The beach is clean, the water clear but not turquoise blue. It's quiet as it's private and for hotel guests only.

The hotel is set in its own little resort. You can get the shuttle service to Oriental Village but have to make your own way back (2mins in shuttle, or a 5-10min walk). Here you can take the cable cars for a view over the island or explore the souvenir shops, restaurants and cafés. We visited a 6D cinema experience here, which we enjoyed. It was pretty good!

Breakfast was plentiful and you can get freshly made eggs, pancakes and waffles. There are also 4 restaurants. The Malaysian and Chinese restaurants are in the main reception area, the Japanese is in Oriental Village and the Thai is on the other end of the resort. The food at the Malaysian and Chinese restaurants was very good. I didn't enjoy the Japanese as much but my friend who tried the sushi said it was excellent. Bear in mind the shops up at Oriental Village close at 7pm, so when we left the restaurant at 9pm the place was deserted and the taxi stand closed. We decided to walk back to the hotel but the roads were were pitch black so we had to use the torches on our phones to illuminate the way, and we ran back!

Be aware that the rooms are separate to the reception building. You have to take the little shuttles, a bit like golf cart, to the rooms and back. You can walk but the tracks are winding and steep and no fun to navigate through in the heat! The rooms are set in what I'd describe as little 5*wooden cabins. They have air con, wifi and all the mod cons but are set in a rainforest/jungle like setting. Each cabin is detached and on its own and has its own balcony. So good for couples / families who really want to get away from it all.

On our first night we had a room which was right at the back of the resort, so this meant our front door opened up to the wilderness beyond. It was also set up a steep set of stairs. This meant at night when we came back it was pitch black, couldn't find the front door and once in we didn't dare step out of our room to go visit our friends who were in a hut further up the track. This was annoying for us as we were 4 female friends on a break. There was also a loud annoying whistling sound like a fire alarm going off in the evening. Reception sent a security guard to investigate who informed us it was a water tank near our room. It went on all night.

We complained the next morning and the manager straight away moved us to a different room. They also gave us 2 adjoining huts, so we could move between the rooms through a central door. We were much happier! There was still a constant whistling sound outside though, I found this really annoying.

The staff are fantastic. Really helpful. They chased up our transfer company when they failed to give us details about pick up on check out, and again when they failed to turn up on the morning of our flight back. They would send someone across to our rooms straight away to investigate if we had any issues.

I think the hotel is more suited to couples and families. There were a lot of honeymooners! I enjoyed the experience, it's different to your normal hotels, there's monkeys and lizards and wildlife. But my friends couldn't wait to leave as they got bit my Mosquitos.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

We went to langkawi for 2 days in Berjaya
I booked the rain forest studio which was an excellent choice.
I enjoyed it to the maximum.
The breakfast was very good.
The pan thai restaurant was the best recommended for dining , the view , the food and the overall atmosphere were great.
While the oriental pearl is not so good and not recommended.
Before coming we had read a negative reviews about the shuttle between rooms and the lobby but really we didn't find any of these it was really a very good plus they are providing a free shuttle to the cable car and the oriental village.
The prices of booking the airport transportation is the same as booking it from an outside agent.
The hotel beach was great.
Conclusion: A very romantic and luxurious hotel , we recommend for honeymooners.

The only negative point is the internet Wi Fi service was not good.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

The resort is situated on a pristine location : access to a beautiful beach & surrounded by vast greeneries. Staff are professional, helpful & polite. However, the rooms are old & in need of major maintenance and upgrade. While the standard of housekeeping is maintained, the furnishing & amenities in the room are old & weary & not up to the standard of their room rates. While the property's location and surroundings attract many visitors, management should really dedicate some effort to upgrade & replace the fully depreciated furnishings & fittings.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank coffeester
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We had a wonderful time in this unique resort which located near from the international airport.
We stayed at a forest chalet that has a big clean bed room with a sitting area. I just loved their modern and classic bath room especially the bath tub.
All bungalows are fully independented that guarantee your privacy. This resort is very good for honeymooners. But we had to use shuttle service between rooms to main lobby and the restaurants whenever we had to move because they are really big resort. It always took some time for us to wait the shuttle bus. Their room rates are relatively fair and the food are also tasty.
All in all we satisfied their service and price.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I have been visiting Langkawi for the last 25 years and until this visit would always have stayed in Pantai Cenang at Pelangi or at the Beach Garden. However seeing how this part of the island has become so built up (in relative terms) over the last 2 years I was delighted to arrive at the Berjaya and feel like I had stepped into an oasis of calm.

The settting with the mountains behind, rainforest and then beach is just beautiful. I think there are pros and cons to being on the hillside v water and even from the outside some of the hillside chalets looked dark and dreary and in need of refurb. I was lucky enough to be in a waterfront (not the outer edge with unblocked view) but lovely setting none the less. Rooms were light, airy, well furnished and extremely clean. Bathroom had his & hers basins, bath and separate shower.

I spent 2 days for work in meetings/team building and the hotel looked after us well there - the evening bbq gala dinner on the beach was particularly enjoyable. My partner and I spend the weekend there afterwards relaxing mostly on the beach rather than poolside as was less crowded and swimming in the sea. It was also nice to walk along the beach and swim across to the other secluded beach right next door. We ate at the Thai restaurant - excellent - and tried the Beach restaurant but after an hour left as the service was so slow and we needed to catch our flight.

I must commend the shuttle service. I had read negative comments about this before I came but I thought the team did an excellent job - they were friendly, well-organised even with larger groups of people crowding around requesting shuttles and I waited 10 mins max each time.

Downsides - the wifi is very slow in the room and not much better in other parts of the hotel and I had little mobile phone reception in the room but perhaps that's a bonus too. I didn't try the spa as it was so overpriced - really felt they were making the most of people not wanting to leave the resort for this service.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business