Berjaya Langkawi Resort - Malaysia
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$278
US$180
The Danna Langkawi(Pantai Kok)
US$293
US$284
Hotels.com
Ambong Ambong Langkawi(Pantai Tengah)
US$211
US$208
US$181
US$749
US$679
White Lodge Motel(Pantai Cenang)
US$58
US$49
Casa del Mar, Langkawi(Pantai Cenang)
US$264
US$203
Hotel Website
5,209 results
All reviewsrainforest chaletoriental villagebeach restaurantshuttle servicethai restaurantdayang cafecable carpremier chaletshuttle busfamily chaletprivate beachon stiltssea viewflying lemurssky bridgemain lobbyour honeymoon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 November 2013

It's a lovely place for a holiday. It is spread out though through it's large jungle area so you may need to take a mini shuttle bus although we usually walked from our room to the pool and restaurants, it wasn't that far. The beach patio restaurant is excellent for lunch and dinner and the beach is great. The staff are very helpful and friendly. We hired a car from the hotel (more helpful staff!) and then toured around the whole island and up the mountain - great view! On the last day we rode the gondola to the top of the nearby peak, also a great view! You can also walk from the hotel to the gondola. It's easy driving on the island with little traffic. We visited the busy tourist beach up the coast for shopping and coffee and then it was a pleasure to come back to our quiet jungle retreat. Rooms 2161 and 2162 offer nice bungalows with ocean views but are off the road so you don't hear the shuttles (they're not that noisy but they should invest in electric ones)

Room Tip: definitely get an ocean view, it so nice! You don't need to be right on the ocean, the jungle villas with a view are lovely
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cumbo
Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a sea view chalet and it was great! The staff was friendly and everything went smoothly. There was a nice pool area and good beach. Resort has many ok restaurants. Nice place to stay for a while. Good value for the money. Our warmest recommendations!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Harri N
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Stayed here for the second time after quite some time, the place is always fantastic if you just plan to laze around the hotel and do less going out.... It;s in the middle of the jungle and its very close to Nature which gives a wonderful feeling.... We stayed in the Presidential Suite on Water which comes with a living room, dining, kitchenette, 2 bedrooms and big balcony..... I believe the room is has not been refurbished but its still stunning esp the view from the balcony..... Check in was good... Rooms were good and the staffs were fantastic.... Every request that was made was done with a smile..... Keep up the good work.... as the resort is very big, you need to use the buggy service to move around and the service was also good and fast..... Breakfast i felt was just so-so with the choices available and for the amount I paid, could have been better..... Room service food was good though..... Definitely will be back..... Peace in the jungle, Serenity by the Sea.....

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Balan3
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Before I booked this hotel I had read mixed reviews on Tripadvisor. but I am glad I did book this hotel as I had a great time.
The staff were very helpful and polite. We were greeted by very efficient and attentive staff. The shuttle service which transports guests around the hotel was always very prompt and efficient. The staff at the restaurants were very friendly and service was very good.The food in the restaurants was great. I really enjoyed my food at this hotel. The buffet at Dayang Cafe was very good. The Beach Restaurant overlooks the beach and the atmosphere was very relaxed. The food here too was very good.
I liked the lobby lounge and the live music in the evening was entertaining. I did enjoy sitting in the lobby lounge in the evenings listening to the music and relaxing. There is direct access to a great beach and 5 min walk to the Oriental village.
My room was very clean as was the bathroom. Although I was warned by reception about the monkeys I did not have any problems. I did not encounter any reptiles or insects either.
The Wifi in my room did not work although the hotel did try to fix it when I called late in the evening. I had to go to the lobby to access the internet as it would not work in my room. This was the only downside of the stay.
I booked this hotel to rest and relax and I did do exactly that. It was a hassle free stay and I really enjoyed it. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Netf13
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I had the opportunity of staying at the Berjaya Resort Langkawi for 5 days and came to the following conclusions.

The positive trip advisor rating and descriptors through the web make it an eager destination to travel to.

On the contrary!!!

The Check-in was pain-stakingly long and unprofessional due to lack of management on sight. Also, the staff didn't take the trouble to attend to guests waiting at the reception for inquiries because there was only one front office agent, although multiple employees came up front from the back office.

The Check- out on the other hand went smoothly.

The chalet upon arrival was in good condition besides long pieces of pubic hair on the toilet seat, which is a NO go. Besides that small mishap the housekeepers did a wonderful job in their daily cleaning. They were discreet, professional and thorough.

The Sunken Pool Bar is a nice catch but the condition the pool bar is in, is unacceptable. The counter top is dirty with fungus. The juice canisters are not cooled and are kept in rather poor conditions. There is open trash for guests to see, which is an awful sight and the bartender is always gone attending to other needs.

The Boat House Bar is not a pleasant sight but rather old and moldy. Service is poor. Not attentive to guests. Guests had go upfront and order their drinks because no menus were on the table.

The Rimba Sports Bar was a lot cleaner but the service was again terrible. No opening sentence to the customer if he or she wants something to drink or the handing of a drink menu. One employee handed out drinks and then went to the internet cafe to check Facebook. A shocking sight.

The beach restaurant was good. Just that the menus could use a fresh sight. Service was polite, quick and attentive.

The lobby lounge was actually the worst of all FnB operations. Terrible service. No attending to guest when seated. Once the attention of an employee had been reached no food menu was offered. The food menu is not up to date. The burger was offered with french fries and coleslaw but there was never any coleslaw served. After questioning the waitress their reply was ok and a smile. So I presumed it would be brought. Once the meal was finished I approached the waitress again to ask why there was no coleslaw, their reply was sorry we would have to make it. Very unprofessional in a matter which didn't solve the issue at hand.

The Oriental Pearl was a nice dining experience. Good service and friendly. Great team.

The Dayang Cafe was also great. No problems whatsoever. Great team. Very attentive towards guests.

Overall, the stay was not memorable. I honestly could not recommend it to any friends or family member.

Worst of all, I sent an email to Berjaya Corporation to inform them about the poor standards but I never got word from them at all.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Daniel L
ChrisNBLR, General Manager at Berjaya Langkawi Resort - Malaysia, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Berjaya Langkawi Resort.

Thank you very much for giving us a comprehensive review after your recent stay.
On behalf of the Management, please allow me to personally apologise for the inconveniences experienced during your recent stay. It is indeed very alarming to hear that we have fallen short of your expectation in those areas. Rest assured, our guest comfort and satisfaction is always our top priority and we will always endeavour to ensure that we maintian our service delivery and product.

I will be writing to you directly to find out more and to give you our personal assurance and commitment in making the needed improvements. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us directly if we can assist with anything else.

Once again, please accept our sincerest apologies.

Regards,