My family stayed 3N in the Rainforest studio & rainforest chalet. The studio was very big with enough places for my 3 kids to run around. The deep tub was also a great play for the kids. They offered enough bathtowels for my family and remembered to do so for the whole stay, without the need for me to keep asking for additional towels every day.
The morning & evening walks offered for free was a great selling point. I only went for the morning walk which focus mainly on flora but it was still interesting enough. The Thai restaurant had a fabulous view (mountain setting) & if you do stay here, please dine there once. Food is not too expensive there.
However, the hilly terrain resort relies so much on the disel run shuttle that it really loses appeal & we lost much of our precious time waiting for a shuttle. We often waited 15-20mins for the shuttle to arrive & as we had 6+1 toddler, the shuttle had to be quite empty to take us in. In the 4 days there, there were at least 3 occasions that we went back to our chalet to make repeated calls to request for a shuttle. Unfortunately, with young kids and seniors in tow, walking down the very steep slopes was not an option.
The hotel lobby and its beach access was at least 4 stories difference. After walking up (about 1 storey) to the swimming pool area, tried to get the staff to get the shuttle to pick us up from them & I highlighted that my parents were over 70 years old and found it too tiring to climb all the way back up to catch the shuttle. The staff refused to obliged. After 2 appeals, the staff reluctantly made contact with the staff manning the shuttle. They informed me that they have gotten a shuttle for me but i still needed to make my way up. This is BAD service. Especially when just the evening before, the shuttle we took had dropped off a family at the same place I'm requesting for pick up. (Why drop off possible but not pick up??)
Buffet breakfast was quite good. The selection was ok with Asian & Western food. Range of fruits can improve especially for tropical selection. (Why no bananas or mangoes or guava) Do try the croissants, freshly baked everyday. There is also a mangrove walk with signages by the beach though I did not try.
I will not stay here again & would advise not so mobile seniors not to stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Home to Unesco's World GeoPark, discover the island said to have inspired love and miracles. Cocooned within a rainforest sanctuary, Berjaya Langkawi Resort embraces boundless views of emerald waters and green-cushioned mountains. With an array of convention facilities and inspired spa treatments complemented with heartfelt services, moments are filled with a sense of natural connection and harmonious retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Berjaya Langkawi Resort - Malaysia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Berjaya Langkawi Resort - Malaysia Hotel Langkawi
- Berjaya Langkawi Beach Hotel
- Resort Langkawi
- Berjaya Langkawi Beach Spa Resort