i travel abroad atleast twice each year & always stay at 4/5 star hotels only because of assured good service & comfort. Unfortunately both were lacking at this property in Langkawi. We travelled with friends in June.
Pros: good beach front resort
Only helpful person was the duty manager.
check in - room was not ready before 3.30pm... we were two couples with once child. We were given two adjoining rooms(meant for two adults with two children type) since one room did not have a safe/no umbrellas etc...inspite of paying Full rate for two rooms.
Inspite of repeated requests for a room near reception from the time we booked through our agent ( my husband has an ankle surgery year before) till even at the time of check in. We were assured it was close to the main hotel building... but soon we realised it was the farthest away. Room 3145. and it was on a slope so no way could my husband ever walk down. Each time we had to wait for the shuttle which took ages & then we friends had to help him do the last few steps.
Room safe was not working & the poor duty manager herself came twice to fix it.
Very average room not worth the money.
We were too tired to complain after an overnight long flight & hence stuck to the rooms.
We also realised that the reception staff were not freindly at all. Found no point in trying to explain to them. We rather make the best use of our vacation.
Location: Hotel is very far from main Cenang or Tengah beach area...which has the main eating & shopping places.
Nothing closeby except the oriental village.
No restaurants/shops etc are walking distance. You have to eat in the resort or oriental village.
Property- extremely spread out resort not good for families with small children or old people or folks with walking disability.
The poolside was full of slippery algae & for us the worse happened...my husband twisted his bad ankle there. Luckily the inhouse doc was very helpful & so was the duty manager.
She even organised late check out for us after hearing us out of our check in experience.
Overall we had a terrible experience as the staff were not pleasant at all(something you take for granted in south east asia).
Better resorts in Cenang beach for sure.
This is an absolute 3 star property....except the private beach nothing else is of any quality here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Home to Unesco's World GeoPark, discover the island said to have inspired love and miracles. Cocooned within a rainforest sanctuary, Berjaya Langkawi Resort embraces boundless views of emerald waters and green-cushioned mountains. With an array of convention facilities and inspired spa treatments complemented with heartfelt services, moments are filled with a sense of natural connection and harmonious retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Southall Travel, Priceline, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Berjaya Langkawi Resort - Malaysia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Berjaya Langkawi Resort - Malaysia Hotel Langkawi
- Berjaya Langkawi Beach Hotel
- Resort Langkawi
- Berjaya Langkawi Beach Spa Resort