The Berjaya is in a great location and has an excellent pool and beach area. The resort is large but walkable, and there is some fantastic wildlife in the area.
We booked a deluxe chalet - we were very disappointed when we arrived at our room. The room was quite far from the sea (up in the jungle), and to be honest the jungle area is not lush, so had a dry, hot feeling about it. The room was exactly as it appeared in the photos on the website, but it was in desperate need of refurbishment. Mould on the curtains, older furniture - and an honest comment, the bathroom felt like it was a public toilet. After some silence and deliberation my husband and I decided we were not going to be happy in this room.
I had asked for a quiet chalet with a seaview, and they had honoured my request the best they could - the chalet was a standalone (whereas some are joined to other chalets), and it did have a partial seaview. It just wasn't up to our usual standard.
So we spoke to reception and asked if we could be moved to a chalet closer to the water. Leo was really helpful, and told us that he could move us the following day. We also enquired about upgrading to a premium chalet on land (a step up from the chalet we were in), and he drove us to look at one - we felt immediately that we would be more comfortable in one of these, so we agreed to pay an additional RM280/night. He mentioned that there was one with a nicer view but it was further away from the main building - we were okay with walking so took it.
This room was MUCH nicer. Made of concrete instead of wood, roomier and definitely newer. With a great view of the sea.
They sent us chocolate cake and wine to acknowledge our honeymoon, which we really appreciated - and they were really good!
There is a bar sunken into the pool which made the pool area really social. The only niggle I had about this was that every alternate step descending into the pool was covered in very sharp stones - not nice to walk on and I would hate to have scraped anything on it, I'm sure it would have been nasty.
The beach area is really nice - and because most of Langkawi's beautiful beaches seem to be inaccessible to the public, it was a very good idea to stay in a hotel with a nice beach.
Breakfast buffet was ok - but it was very hot and sweaty, as it's open air. There are fans and we just chose to sit underneath them.
We rented a small car from the hotel for an afternoon for RM70 - couldn't rent scooters as they were 125cc and you are required to have a motorbike license to ride them.
The shuttles around the resort arrive quickly when called, and are available 24 hours.
In our room (1249) the air conditioning was rather loud, and the aircon switch had a bright red light which lit up the whole room at night. We just wore eye masks and ear plugs - no drama.
Overall I would recommend this resort, but you may to pay more to be comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Home to Unesco's World GeoPark, discover the island said to have inspired love and miracles. Cocooned within a rainforest sanctuary, Berjaya Langkawi Resort embraces boundless views of emerald waters and green-cushioned mountains. With an array of convention facilities and inspired spa treatments complemented with heartfelt services, moments are filled with a sense of natural connection and harmonious retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Southall Travel, Travelbag, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Berjaya Langkawi Resort - Malaysia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Berjaya Langkawi Resort - Malaysia Hotel Langkawi
- Berjaya Langkawi Beach Hotel
- Resort Langkawi
- Berjaya Langkawi Beach Spa Resort