We arrived and were greeted with a cold fruit drink while waiting for reception to check us in. When we arrived in our Junior Suite on the water I was a bit disappointed. It didn't look like the modern photos on the website and there were some ants crawling in the sink. It wasn't like the luxury room I was imagining. We decided to trek back to reception (the resort is large but if you're at a normal physical fitness level it shouldn't take more than 15 min from the farthest point back to reception-but you can call for a shuttle and they pick you up and the drivers don't expect a tip) We asked if it was possible to switch to a more modern room and without question they upgraded us to a premier chalet on water, which looked just like the pictures on the website.
The beach was nice but the water wasn't that welcoming to swim in (not clear blue like you get in Bermuda or some other places). And the swimming pool was a bit crowded (even though they said the resort was only 60% full). The restaurants were mediocre. The Thai was nice because of the setting on the water. The chinese was almost empty when we were there. The best food we had was when we ordered from room service which came promptly and was a slightly different menu than the beach restaurant. The fruit juices at the resort were very good and fresh. I struggled to find healthy food for breakfast in the morning even though the spread was very large (it was mostly pastries and eggs to order and non-breakfast asian noodles) The birds were sneaky and eating off the buffet spoons which was a bit unsanitary.
We rented bikes and went to the nearby waterfall (which was nice to get some exercise but it was so hot we were dripping with sweat) and the trek to the top to see the waterfall wasnt really worth it-what waterfall?). You really need to take a taxi to get anywhere outside the resort. The main town is at least 25 min drive away (go to Casa del mar for dinner on the beach-great food)
The resort had the cool factor of being with the wildlife and trees (do Dev's free nature walk at the hotel-you will learn all about the resorts wildlife) but if we did another beachy holiday just for relaxing we would go to the Caribbean which is cheaper to get to and the hotels are of a higher standard of modern and cleanliness.
Langkawi in general didn't have as much as we thought to fill a whole week.
Fyi-we stayed at the Westin for 1 night and thought the pool and beach were much much nicer but the restuarant was more expensive and the fitness centre had no AC but the rooms were modern, clean and very nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Home to Unesco's World GeoPark, discover the island said to have inspired love and miracles. Cocooned within a rainforest sanctuary, Berjaya Langkawi Resort embraces boundless views of emerald waters and green-cushioned mountains. With an array of convention facilities and inspired spa treatments complemented with heartfelt services, moments are filled with a sense of natural connection and harmonious retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Priceline, Ebookers, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Travelbag, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Berjaya Langkawi Resort - Malaysia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Berjaya Langkawi Resort - Malaysia Hotel Langkawi
- Berjaya Langkawi Beach Hotel
- Resort Langkawi
- Berjaya Langkawi Beach Spa Resort