Had huge expectations reading many positive reviews, but they did not deliver, by far...
- The driver who picked us up from the airport was very friendly and made us feel welcome.
- Rooms are very spacious
- The private beach which is probably the best on the island
- Proximity to the mangrove tours
- Rooms are badly in need of renovation, which is currently ongoing
- Service was terrible. Slow (food took an average of 30-45 mins), some of the waiters and waitresses were grumpy, unbelievable!even though the hotel was not at full capacity.
- The hotel ran out of coconut water and when they replenished, they only bought 4 more which ran out immediately!
- It took 3 attempts over 3 days for them to fix our leaking toilet
- The temperature of the aircon in one of our two Cahaya rooms could not be adjusted up or down.
Lets hope that with the renovation, the service levels improve dramatically. For their own good...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tanjung Rhu Resort, nestled in the shade of casuarinas over 2.5km white sandy beach, is one of Asia’s finest boutique resort renowned for its scenic views, impeccable service and gourmet fine dining. This is a place for romance, privacy and tranquility. The 136 luxurious suites Tanjung Rhu lies at the northern tip of the Langkawi island of Malaysia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelbag, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Tanjung Rhu Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tanjung Rhu Hotel Langkawi