Tanjung Rhu Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Pool
1,454 results
All reviewsall inclusive packagereading roomsands restaurantsands poolsaffron restaurantsand barcahaya roomroom checkchefs tableprivate beachour honeymoonmangrove tourlow tidefish farmfamily poolfour seasonsamazing beach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 May 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed here for two weeks end of April to Mid May, the resort is just stunning.
We arrived late in the evening, welcomed into a lush tropical courtyard and had check in done in the room...nice touch after the gruelling long flight from the UK! We stayed in a Damai Room which is actually the cheapest they offer, however the room was real spacious, gorgeous open bathroom, massive bed and balcony overlooking the lagoon pool...stunning!
The staff really cant do enough for you...they all know your names after a day or so which is also a nice touch.
We went on the all inclusive option and trust me we were impressed as the prices are pretty steep otherwise...we ate in all the restaurants and got room service which was also included. All food was of an amazing quality, we even had Caesar salads made at our table and banana/mango flambees...
Pools are stunning, we spent most our time around the Adults pool...never crowded, never fighting for a sunbed and never ages before a waitress came over to take our order for drinks.

Beach and view is just breath taking...beautiful sunsets most nights.

Good trips offered direct from the hotel and all resonably priced.

I would honestly go back in a flash!!

If anyone wants more info, dont hestitate to send me an email.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
7  Thank JerseyGirl-uk
Reviewed 20 May 2009

My Partner and I have been together for over 3 years and wanted our 1st "abroad" holiday together to be something very special and leave us with amayzing memories for years to come. After a lot of reseach into hotels all around the world, we booked the Tangjun Rhu Resort in Langkawi, Malaysia and could not have been more delighted. From the moment we settled into our room at the resort we felt as if we'd arrived at Heaven on Earth (a corney metaphor - but really was like that!)
We stayed in a Damai room which was just beautiful and had 10 glorious days and nights at this incredible place.
All the staff were super polite and so friendly, nothing was ever too much for them.
The hotel itself is in a magnificent location overlooking stunning rock formations in the sea which is always so inviting to have a swim in. But if that wasn't enough, it has 3 pools to cool you down after laying in the soothing sun for a few hours! One pool has recently become "adults only", which I think is a VERY good idea. Don't get me wrong, kids are great, but I think that it's nice to have an area where you can get away from the inevitable noise of children if you want. All 3 pools are fantastic so even if kids can only use 2 of them they are still brilliant pools!
As for the food, that too was very well recieved by me & my partner. There is something very satisfying indeed about having a lazy day by the sea in the sunshine, followed by a tremendous 6 course meal at the Rhu Restaurant (Gordon Ramsey eat your heart out!) We only dinned at The Saffron once, favouring the warmth (both in temperature and in character of the staff) of the Sands Restaurant. We booked the Rhu Restaurant on 3 nights and enjoyed every mouthful! Rhu Restaurant FYI is the "luxury" restaurant which you need to book up to 5 hours in advance if you want a table. Believe me - you DO!!! ALL the food was awesome. The ONLY niggle I have is you may struggle slightly if you are a vegetarian (although I'm sure they would go out of their way to alter the dishes slightly if need be) I do not eat meat but do eat fish and so had a great amount of choice.
We enjoyed 2 days away from the pools & beach. 1) Mangrove Adventure - guided by the brilliant Zoher (he was so interesting and knew everything you could want to know about the flora & fawna of the sourounding area). We even got to see a very rare monkey that according to Zoher was really something incredible and very unheard of (we saw heaps of other monkeys too but this one type was incredibly shy and VERY rare to spot usually - Luckily for me me boyfriend eagle eyed the lovely animal before even Zoher himself! Needless to say we took pleantly of pics of the little one!) We also visited a fish farm (I REALLY hope that was not in any way cruel though as the farm fish pools seemed on the small side to me). The Eagle & Kyte spotting was great too. Magnificent birds!
2) Car Rental - We rented a hotel branded bright green Peugeot convertible and had fun driving round the island - which only took about 4 hours in total (including stopping off at various points of interest). The Cable Car and Waterfulls were terrific.
My partner also treated me to 5 spa treatments while out there - all were ridiculously relaxing - especially the Balise massage & hot stone therapy.
We had an INCREDIBLE 10 days at the Tangjun Rhu Resort. We are back now and thankfully have our two cute cats to help with our jet lag! Any chance of dropping off to sleep after the 22 hour (ish) door to door trip, they make sure to meow and wake us up! But aside from the horrid journey to get there and back, it is definitely worth it for the amayzing memories you'll create and keep forever. My partner & I really couldn't have wished for a more perfect 1st holiday abroad. Thank you all at Tangjun Rhu and thanks Mother Nature for all those perfect sunsets!! : )

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2009

Stayed at this hotel twice in June 2005 and June 2006 with my family including two children and somewhat disappointed to read that one of the pools now adults only.
Would make me think twice about returning which I had been planning.
Some people really are so miserable, just seeming to hate to see anyone having fun. Our children really enjoyed choosing which pool to use and using them all.

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled with family
3  Thank DiamondlilNottingham
Reviewed 3 May 2009

Although Langkawi wasnt my favorite place, I loved this resort (we also stayed at The Datai and preferred Thanjung Rhu). The only downside was that no-one was at the bar after dinner!! most people went to their rooms.
But everything was perfect for us! from all staff knowing our name, to the wonderful half board that was ala carte not buffet! Beach and room - perfect!
we have stayed at many Four seasons, Jumeirah, One and Only hotels, and this matched up totally. The pools were outstanding as was the cool island that you can only get to when tide is out.
E-mail me for any info

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
4  Thank lsilver
Reviewed 29 April 2009

My arrival was very pleasant and enjoyable. The food at Tanjung Rhu was outstanding, the spa treatment that was provided was the best ever we have ever received, and it was worth every single cent. We had a great vacation and wished we didn’t have to leave, we will tell everyone we know to come here in the future.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple