“Stay here to meet fellow travellers and get looked after.”
Review of Monkey Hut

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Langkawi
Monkey Hut
Ranked #59 of 155 Speciality Lodging in Langkawi
Dorset
“Stay here to meet fellow travellers and get looked after.”
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Basic rooms at cheap prices but the best bit is the socialising. It's a friendly place right where you need to be in Cenang. Very close to the beach, bars and shops. Manager has excellent local knowledge and will make sure your stay is memorable.

Don't bother staying in another place where you end up being shut in your room, there's loads of placed like that. Stay here, save some money for better things and have the best time in Langkawi.

You wont regret it. I was meant to stay a few nights but ended up nearly being an ex-pat in Monkey Hut.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Baileysblog

Families
Business
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2012

I stayed at the Monkey Hut for a couple of nights earlier this year and met some really incredible people. The owners are wonderful and welcoming people and the facilities were perfect for the price. Good location too! Can not recommend highly enough

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank henners101
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2012

I came to Monkey Hut in January 2012 and intended on staying for a few days - I left three months later. On my first day in Langkawi I had an accident and ended up in hospital with a broken leg. The day I discharged the people running the guesthouse were there at the hospital waiting for me - god knows how they knew I was coming out on that day. Over the next few months these guys looked after me as my own family would have done - These were some of the nicest people I've ever met and I have made some lifelong friends.
As for the guesthouse, It is fairly small with two rooms and an eight bed dorm but because of this there is a very intimate, almost family like atmosphere. The size of the place brings people together, not like other places where everyone sits in their little chalet and don't interact.
It's certainly no 5 star palace but if you're traveling on a budget I would recommend this place all day long. Nearly everyone that checked in, intending on staying a few days, extended their stay.
I have to say there is a mysterious element about this place that I have found in very few other guesthouses - it's very easy to get stuck here.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Dan G
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 1 July 2012

very good place to stay budget traveller.. , cheap .clean and friendly too...

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends