“My favourite in Langkawi”

Maya Restaurant / Cafe
Ranked #97 of 492 Restaurants in Langkawi
Cuisines: Malaysian
Description: The restaurant is near by Holiday Villa Hotel Langkawi. It was about walking distance from the hotel to this restaurant. 7 mins walk. It a local restaurant with a local Malaysian cuisines. A lot of people been talking this restaurant in their review especially who stayed at the Holiday Villa Hotel.
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Had dinner there three times! Cheap restaurant and friendly service. You may have to wait the food for a while. Since we didn't have wifi in our hotel it was nice to surf there while waiting. We really enjoyed their curries and satay-sticks! They don't serve alcohol but will bring you a glass if you have your own beers. I truly recommend this place!

Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

First off I think that some people here may be reviewing a different restaurant as the Maya I visited last night was not at the location as shown on the map. It did not serve alcohol as mentioned elsewhere in the reviews but they were happy for you to visit the Happy Market over the road for any you may want.
The meal I had here was tasty, well prepared and very good value. It has a mix of Thai and Malaysia dishes as well as some more European items which looked OK from the other diners tables.
I shall be returning!

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Service was late. Had to wait almost an hour. Mozzies everywhere. Corny photos and phony statements on the walls which does not represent the quality of the service. And they forgot our rice order!

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Our eating out philosophy in Langkawi has been just head out and try a few different restaurants,we do take note of the reviews but often they can count for nothing as everyone's interpretation of a good dining experience is varied.
We headed towards this quieter end of Pentai Tengah one evening and have returned two times since to this charming 'family style feel' run place and have eaten some really nice Thai and Malay cuisine,which gave us the impression that the person in the kitchen had a fair idea what he or she knew what they were doing,it's also cheap unlike some of the more so called recognised eating establishments on the glitzy end of the area.
So,conclusion if your on a bit more of a budget but want to eat some great food, then give this place a go I really liked it.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stopped in here for dinner one night when we didnt feel up to walking all the way into Cenang beach.
The staff were pleasant and friendly and the food good.
We ordered samosas for entree, which were amazing.
There is a large selection of mains, so should be something for everyone.
And I absolutely LOVED my mango smoothie (with vanilla/coconut icecream). Would go back for those everyday if I could.