“Hits the spot!”

Maya Restaurant / Cafe
Ranked #115 of 433 Restaurants in Langkawi
Cuisines: Malaysian
Description: The restaurant is near by Holiday Villa Hotel Langkawi. It was about walking distance from the hotel to this restaurant. 7 mins walk. It a local restaurant with a local Malaysian cuisines. A lot of people been talking this restaurant in their review especially who stayed at the Holiday Villa Hotel.
Melbourne
“Hits the spot!”
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

We came across Maya's walking along the road from our resort and couldn't be happier. We ordered fried calamari, green mango salad & chicken rendang, they all were fantastic and served with a friendly smile.
One small bit of advice is they don't serve alcohol here, but happily let you bring your own for a 3MR corkage.

Oslo, Norway
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food and nice people”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Maya and her daughters are what all people should be like! They are nice to all guests, service minded and helpful. Maya's English is excellent and she'll love it if you start talking to her.
The food is delicious and made with good quality ingredients. I can recommend the chicken curry and the Thai red curry. The naan bread is also one of the best I've ever tasted.
I see in the other reviews that some are complaining that the food arrived late. I didn't experience with at all. I even ate there with 7 other, but it took under 20 minutes to get our food.
It's a very quiet place though, and they don't have many costumes. Usually the close before midnight.
Thank you Maya, I hope I'll get the chance to come back!

• Visited April 2014
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Great food, but dont come here if you're in a hurry”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Its a nice restaurant; the food was very tasty, the portion size was good and the price was very reasonable compared to other places I have eaten at on the same road. I would undoubtedly be giving a 5 star review right now if my food hadn't taken nearly an hour to arrive! I was eating alone and just ordered a drink and a main course. In the following hour, two other groups of people arrived, ordered, ate starters and had their mains delivered before I got mine! Very disappointing

• Visited March 2014
Hereford, United Kingdom
“Slow but tasty”
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Maya or Cactus? We chose Maya and having ordered we waited and waited and waited. Our starter - chicken satay - finally arrived and was stone cold. Thankfully a quick and quiet word with Maya and this was resolved but we still ended up with all our dishes arriving together.
The food was very tasty - blonde had veggie curry whilst baldy had pad thai - and although the restaurant doesn't sell alcoholic drinks, you can bring your own for a small corkage fee.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“the best tomyam”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

must try their tom yam.
spicy and so nice. nasi goreng ikan masin is another must try dish here. very nice malay cuisine

• Visited February 2014