“Very nice n pleasent” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #75 of 106 Hotels in Langkawi
Pune,Maharashtra,India
“Very nice n pleasent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2013

Very clean,staff members are friendly,very pleasant stay,swimming pool is nice n facing to beach..breakfast provided by the hotel is also nice.. decent amenities available..recommended to stay.. enjoy the stay..quite far from water world in langkawi n eagle square..but if u want peaceful n pleasant stay then surely go for this..

Room Tip: Rooms on the beach side are more pleasant..
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Indonesian first
Miami Beach, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2012

Although I had a valid booking by bookings.com for this hotel they did not have a room for me. Apparently they overbooked a few rooms (5 rooms to be exact). I am in the hotel industry myself and know this can happen. The odd thing is that I called the same day to confirm on my late arrival and my room was confirmed. When I got to the hotel they could not even find my reservation anymore. So what happened in that few hours with my booking?? The BAD thing was how this was handled. First, the receptionist started to lie to us which the reason was for not having my room (a water pipe broke...yeah right!!). When I confronted him that I am sure this was a lie (broken water pipe is a common way to excuse an overbooking in many hotels) he got all nervous, denying it. Second, they could not find another suitable hotel for us to stay. They ended putting us in probably to worst hotel of the island. Lying again telling me its a good hotel. When I then called the Bella Vista from the other hotel, they promised to call me back with another solution (which of course they never did) and to have the manager call me the other day with an explanation (which of course he never did).
This is just a HORRIBLY managed hotel. I do not even blame it on the INCOMPETENCE of the front desk, as they told me that the management did not give any guidance on what to do in this case besides getting rid of the guests. If you book here (especially in peak season or weekends) you run the risk of having to sleep under a bridge.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank hsmia81

Travellers are raving about these Langkawi hotels

Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2012

At this price that you pay, you can expect no surprise although there are decent amenities available.

One thing that's good about this hotel is that its really near the airport, roughly 5 minutes drive. However, newbies in Langkawi are opt to make a big round trip in locating it for the first time, merely because of its misleading address which the google maps kinda fool you.

Breakfast, decent.
Pool, 1feet height.
Service, 4 out of 10.
Cleanliness, 6 out of 10.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jasonaks
Batu Feringgi, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2012

this is my experience at last years....i went to langkawi at last year april with my gf..this hotel is quiet far for airport( if u r taking flight to langkawi, but near ferry terminal...) average, this hotel is not give what i want, is not a high season, but my room which book 1/2 year ago, still cannot check in when we are arrived at 2pm, then the reception inform us that we can check in after half and hour, but when we went back after have a walk at town area, we back to hotel at 3pm, then the room still not ready, and finally, we get the chance to rest at our room when 4.3o pm!!!! a room book so long ago, and still need to wait 2 hours for check in because of the room not ready, and we book for king side , the hotel serve us double bed.....but something i have to said , the worst service only from front office staff, others department serve us very good especially F&B......i wont recommend this hotel to all of my friend who visit at langkawi

Room Tip: room at next of the reception building
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank khookhoo87
Oxford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2012

Staff were extremely rude upon our arrival. After stating that we had a reservation for one night, our reply was "you what?"
There is a shop, which is closed, selling about 3 packets of crisps and some warm bottled water. A restaurant, which is also closed and a swimming pool which is completely shaded from the sun.
The room is spacious, although very old and the bathroom is filthy.
The hotel is in the middle of nowhere so if you haven't rented a car, you will be stuck.
Definitely not worth the money and not even worth it for a one night airport stay!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank HP88
Norfolk, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2012

A well equipped hotel which felt like it could be nicer than it was. Rooms were very good and clean. They all have balconies overlooking the pool area which was also excellent. The restaurant was average and breakfast was functionable, probably bettter to get there earlier rather than later. The reception staff seemed helpful although I had booked one night through booking.com and asked for a further night at the same price but was told I would have to book through the website again. A little odd. When we paid the first night I was then informed that I would have to give another deposit for the second night. We didn't do this as just said we had no cash at the time and they pushed it no further, but again a little odd.
The area is ok, but you really need some sort of vehicle if you are going to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Langkawi, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2012

the service by the hotel is average but the rooms is spacious and clean and the price is really acceptable,it's so near to Langkawi airport just like 5 minutes by the car and also it's near by pantai cenang beach which is so great area for the night life and full by restaurants and spas and shops,the swimming pool is nice , but the breakfast is not really good it's just ok cause it's the same everyday and they don't change it .

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple