“A relaxing holiday at Chantique”

Langkawi Chantique Resort
Ranked #3 of 140 Langkawi B&B and Inns
Tromso, Norway
“A relaxing holiday at Chantique”
Reviewed 28 April 2013

I spent 4 nights with my family at Langkawi Chantique. We were facing the beautiful pool garden, and spent our time here mostly on the terrace, in the garden or in the infinity pool. The pool deserves a Chapter of its own, but suffice to say the mineral salted water were like a spa treatment in itself.
The staff were very attentive and helpful, and we felt they really were there to help us enjoy our vacation.

The rooms are big and airy, and kept spotlessly clean. Aircon in all rooms and fans on the terraces. The gardens are beautifully maintained and developed constantly by Phil the Scotsman.

Normally we keep away from minibars at hotels, but here the prices are so low that we had no reservation getting whatever/whenever we wanted from it.(I think it was about 4 MYR for Coke/juice/beer for example). There isn't a restaurant in the hotel, but they order food for you from a Turkish restaurant and serve it at your terrace . Later we found the restaurant in centrum and were surprised to find that the prices were exactly the same as we paid for eating at the hotel.

Getting to town takes about 10-15 minutes walking, or about MYR 8 by cab.

We will return to Langkawi island sometime and then we also definitely will return to Langkawi Chantique

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 27 April 2013

I've stayed at the hotel from 14-18 April, and the stay was awesome. We actually had a slight trouble with immigration, and the hotel called to enquire whether everything was okay and if they could help. While they could not do anything to help, I appreciate the effort to go above and beyond that is required.

To the hotel itself, it could be that I went during an off-peak season, but the overall stay was excellent. No words could explain how happy I was from the checking-in to the checking-out. The Infinity pool was great too as I spend each day swimming and relaxing by the chairs nearby.

Something I thought could help though is that possibly to place an intercom/phone that we could directly contact the front desk for enquiries and such. However, other than that, I see no excuse to go to any other place to stay in a Langkawi Holiday.

Good job Langkawi Chantique

Khai

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Aleksandr A
Stoke-on-Trent
Reviewed 21 April 2013 via mobile

My husband I have just come back from Langkawi having stayed in the Langkawi Chantique. Chantique means beautiful in Malay and beautiful this little boutique hotel truly is.

All the staff are welcoming, friendly and helpful.

The rooms are bright and airy Ann's furnished with a king size built in bed. The bathroom consists of a spacious wet room with shower. They are spotlessly cleaned each day.

Breakfast is served at your time of choice on the veranda. Consisting fruit, toast, cheese and traditional Malaysian breakfast dishes that we would never usually try, but it was great to be immersed in the local culture from the moment you wake. A different breakfast is served each day, so it doesn't get boring. It is these touches that made our stay so special.

The hotel also has a lovely infinity pool set in the beautiful gardens.

I would most definitely recommend this hotel for couples or even families with babies.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Sun_seeker_8479
Singapore
Reviewed 11 April 2013

After a bit of haggling we were happy to get the chalet facing the pool side, even though initially they wanted us to get the one facing the small backyard. The rooms were simple and clean. You are able to see that the place is kept in good condition since its recent launch. The only problem I faced was that there were a lot of mosquitoes in my room. The next day I had told the reception lady to fumigate the room, which they did. However, it did not solve the problem. Once I got back there were still about 20 to 30 mosquitoes flying around my room and also hiding in the cupboard. I had to resort to getting my own baygon repellent to deal with the problem.

The room came with complimentary breakfast, but to be honest I did not eat any of it. It looked as if the eggs were cooked a day before and kept in the fridge because they were served cold.

The location of Chantique is great cus you are only minutes away from pantai cenang beach, which is pretty much the only happening place in all of Langkawi.

Overall Chantique is good value for money, but i wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Puchong, Malaysia
Reviewed 18 March 2013 via mobile

I spent my 4 days 3 nights at Langkawi Chantique. It was a wonderful stay for my bf and I. Both of us enjoy the room, the service and the peace environment. Love the breakfast served at our verendah every morning, the beach chairs along the pool, nice and private salty pool, although it is not near to the beach, but if u rent a car, it shouldn't be a problem, just 2-3 minutes drive to Cenang Beach. I will definitely choose Langkawi Chantique if I travel to Langkawi again. :)

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank YiWern
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 10 March 2013

After two months of (backpack)travelling we wanted to spend our last days at Lankawi-island. We soon discovered it was really hard to find a nice place here. Because everything else was fullybooked or too expensive we ended up at Chantique Resort. Still not cheap, but for our last holidays we decided to just go for it.

This place is a little bit out of the 'centre' but nevertheless: we were VERY happy with our find!
Rooms are extremely bright and clean, staff is superfriendly (mainly moslimgirls) and the pool & beachchairs are great.

The only thing we really didn't understand, was the breakfast... it's different everyday and the staff serves it at your own veranda (which is nice). The food itself is... well, interesting. It looks a bit plastic and so is the taste... (I think they get the breakfast from another place, where it's pre-packed?). This is really such a shame.. because everything else of Chantique is spotless. Why not take care of a proper breakfast as well? :-) With some fresh bread .. FRUIT! (they sell it everywhere so this can't be too hard) .. warm scrambled eggs instead of cold. It would even be more great if you could have a choice, for example on the night before: do you prefer Asian or European brekfast? This way no breakfast will be untouched & thrown away - like how it is now..)

To get to the beach (popular Pantai Cenang) you can get a taxi for a few dollars, walk (15 minutes) or rent a motorbike (best option!). Renting a motorbike is a great idea anyway, because it's a great way to explore the island.

We would definitely stay here again if we would come back to Lankawi!
(but hopefully by then the breakfast is better ;-))

Room Tip: Rent a motorbike!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank SarahLu_NL
CA & TWN
Reviewed 20 February 2013

Spent 2 nights there. Overall that we are satisfied with this hotel.
It is a small resort which located quite isolated but not too far from Cenang beach (busy area), $3-$4 usd taxi (5 mins) ride to get to the Cenang beach which is totally fine with us. Great mini bar selection and price, clean/spacious room with comfy bed. We love the set-up for the gardan and the salt water pool. It's very re-freshing after a long/hot day. The staff there is always helpful too.

Things that we would like to share with other travellers
1) The connecting room, which can be noisy since you can hear almost everything from the other room.
2) The bathroom is pretty standard. don't expect too much.
3) We think the price is pretty high for what we got compare with other places in South East Asia, not sure if it's just because it's in Langkawi.

Things to be improved:
1) Breakfast quality, for what we paid ($100 usd) we would expect a better breakfast with some different selection.
2) Hopefully the in room safe can be fixed asap.

Room Tip: Connecting room for family is great, but not for a couple or single traveller.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple