“Nice hotel with basic breakfast”

Alia Residence Business Resort
Ranked #83 of 107 Hotels in Langkawi
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We were staying there for 2 nights, company trip. So we occupied quite a number of rooms.
The hotel low density 2 story resort, well maintained, but the breakfast variety is very limited. The beach was muddy beach, but the swimming pool is nice.

Room Tip: When search the resort in Mapping Apps "Wase", it was not mapping to the right location. S...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stayed 28-31 may 2014. The rooms were clean. The sheets were fresh. We were there on week day so parking was not a problem. The reception staff were helpful. Our request for a king bed in each room was not met at first as we were given queen bed which was inadequate for 2 adults and a kid. Upon realising that they rectified it and we were given rooms with a queen and a single bed.
Breakfast was ok. The usual bread, pastry, cakes and cereals and fruits, porridge and noodles daily AND 2 options daily (rotated). We have had options of roti chanai with dhall curry, roti naan with curry, fried meehoon, french toast, english breakfast (their version) and tuna salad. Upon request you could ask for eggs and salads which we did. Overall satisfactory. Food was replenished but you need to tell them as only one waiter was around on our week day.
Ask for room away from facing swimming pool or downstairs if you want some quiet time. We had ours facing the side on the 1st floor ( in Malaysia - ground level is referred to as ground floor) but no view but that was fine for me as there were plenty of things to do at langkawi.
Don't expect a proper sandy beach.....as they do not have one. But it's breezy for walks on the path along the sea front and for sitting around.
This hotel is near to Cenang beach and all the tourist shops and restaurants. BUT you will need a car to have easy access. Great place to stay away from the hustle of Cenang beach or Kuah town.

Room Tip: Choose room facing away from swimming pool for quiet time.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank GoMarket
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

For 2 girls staying there, we didn't feel safe at all as the lock of sliding door at the balcony was a little faulty and the fact that we were located right next to the carpark at the corner it felt even scarier.

Anyway why i emphasized that the female staff at the front desk were horrible because they couldn't find my reservation (that wasn't the issue i was still okay with it) what ruined the whole experience was the fact that she made me walk to my room like a fool because she told me that my room was on the 1st floor. So LOGICALLY speaking you will think it's on the 1st level which means you don't have to take the stairs. Mind you the hotel only has 2 storeys. So i couldnt find the room number written on a small sticker pasted on the card. Well staying at a budget placd like such don't bother expect a decent looking room key. So i went to the front office and inform her that i couldn't find the room and she insisted it's on the 1st floor and so this went on for a few minutes with me saying i can't find it. Then she was so mad at me, she literally stomped out from behind her desk and wanted to show me my room! But in the midst of doing so, a male staff at the front office happen to overhear our conversation and explained that actually the 1st floor meant that we had to climb the stairs as that is classified as 1st floor and the lower floor below the so called first floor is called the ground floor. So thank god for his patience and kind explaination, he deserves to be praised. Whereas the female staff ought to be re-train on her service, i am from the hospitality industry and this is clearly uncalled for as a front line personnel.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
12  Thank Gwendolyn S
Reviewed 27 May 2014

First time I booked with this hotel was during Jan '14. At that time, my only complain was against their breakfast. It did not offer many varieties. But I said to myself at that time: it's a 2-star hotel, what did you expect!?

Now, I booked again during May '14, well, my experience was not good due to the following:
1. There was some kind of Mitsubishi cars owners gathering. The parking was filled with their cars, I couldn't find a place to park, except outside the hotel, on the side of the road, which was a dangerous place to park a car on.
2. Because of this gathering, the owners and their children kept playing in the pool and making so much noises until late hour, since the hotel has a policy of keeping the pool open 24 hrs.
3. In the morning, I went to have my breakfast, and I was shocked! The restaurant had a filthy floor, most of food trays were empty, and if you're like me don't eat that local heavy stuff in the morning, well, it was the only option available. I ordered some scrambled eggs, it took them like a half an hour to prepare it. So, next mornings, I had my breakfast out of this place.
4. Wifi connection was horrible.
5. I woke up one night around 2am, and was thirsty. I was out of drinking water, so I called the front desk and ask for some water, the man picked up after a while and said: " we don't have water", and hang up on my face!

I like this hotel. It has a lot of potentials, like: big swimming pool, view on the sea, great architecture, my room was good, and the location is great. They can help you book for trips, and even book a motorbike for a rate a little bit higher than average, I think as a reason of delivering and picking up the bike.

I suggest they change their management, and improve their services.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first floor facing the swimming pool. It has a good view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank S S
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Room is kind small, bathroom as well. Breakfast is worst than average, not much is refilled. But not bad considering it's great wifi and the near to the airport. Wish to have night markets or shops around the hotel or we have to drive 10km away for dinner and light shopping.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Andrew F
Reviewed 23 April 2014

we stayed one week in a superior room which was clean and a comfortable bed, the shower is next to the toilet so when we took a shower,the toilet and floor get wet too. the beach is 20 min away and there is not much to do around the area.The manager/owner was there when we were there so the staff was super alert and helpful. they kept the ground clean.

Room Tip: seaview rooms,not rooms facing the pool if you want quieter stay
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank miu18
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Arrived to a standard room, so small could not fit two standard sized suitcases in . Bathrooms stink. Spoke to receptionist, saw another room same issues so upgraded to a superior room, at an additional cost - same smell in bathroom but at least we can move in the space!

Breakfast was basic, we've stayed in 4 hotels at a similar price in our travels across Malaysia but this was by far the worst, as mentioned by others items not replenished at the buffet once finished, cheese was off, once pointed out replaced, stray cat was walking around whilst we ate, it tried to jump onto another guests lap whilst he ate!!

Only redeeming feature is the great wifi

• Stayed: April 2014