“Budget place with nice quiet nature”
Review of T Star Cottage

T Star Cottage
Ranked #15 of 152 Speciality Lodging in Langkawi
Malaysia
“Budget place with nice quiet nature”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Stayed on 24/3/2014 till 27/3/2014 and was surprise with the room, and style of the hotel. spacious bathroom. Very clean and friendly staff. Blend into nature and you see monkeys everywhere. Perfect place for relax. Enjoyed my stayed there.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lurdu

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
Bien Hoa, Vietnam
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I come to Langkawi on 4/2014. That is my first time travel abroad alone.
First, I didn't expect too much on this guesthouse, because its price is so cheap. However, when I receive my room, I was so surprised because it so neat and nice. Especially the bathroom, so nice.
Clean, peaceful and blending into nature (you can see monkeys everywhere). It's the perfect place for lonely tourist, who want to find a separate place to think and to relax.
One minus point is that it's a little bit far from the centre.

Room Tip: Don't even try to use fan-room to save money. The climate of Langkawi is extremely hot on summer...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed there from 1st -3rd may 2014 and was surprised with the spacious toilet besides the small room but as an overall, it is a nice budget motel. Checked in the upper level room and we had air-cond + tower fan. Fortunately for us there was no mosquitoes as we closed the door everytime and never open the window. The recent weather in Langkawi was quite hot so the cold shower was a blessing. We werent attack by monkeys but only passing by through our verandah. It is advisable not to put yr trash outside the room as they rummage. Advisable also not to leave the door open at any time to prevent mosquitoes coming in. We rented a car and fortunate that we have space for carpark even it is limited. Few spas along the road but would recommend to go to Alun-Alun Spa.

Disadvantage was the tiles in the toilet was slippery and was not on even level so be careful after your shower. 1st night of our stay, it rained heavily in the early morning and the roof was leaking. It was minor drops of water but manageable. You can actually hear your next door neighbour talking.

The hotel could improve more by providing air cond for the below rooms and making sure the air conds are working in a good condition. A small LCD TV would be good (placed at the wall left entrance) but then again their concept is eco friendly.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We discovered T Star by accident and what a good find it was. Room very comfortable and lovely to have our own little fish pond outside. The visiting monkeys provided entertainment every morning, do not leave anything out they will take it!! We booked in for 10 days which was a bit of a mistake as I think we could have got a cheaper rate for the last few days. Strange that we got the room cheaper in the first place if we booked on line.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms do not get monkey visitors.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I have check in on 4th March 2014 late night , my flight make me feel so tired. my impression of this hotel is 0 when i was in taxi but the impression so wrong due the hotel very silent and make us feel so peaceful.

The reception so helpful and friendly it's make my self very happy even am so tired that night. the room i very good and clean.i got a room as per my request to have a room near the reception.my room number M-02.

in the morning 1 reception guy help me regarding the late check out he give me the explanation that i need due i have attend the interview at other hotel and it's make my check out will be late.so he make me understand and tell me what should i do.

But a little bit of adjustment for LADY in reception , please smile even your not feeling well. in services line we have teach to be the SUPER PROFESSIONAL LIAR.why i say that it because even we don't like , hate to do the job , tired , and everything but we still need to pretend to do the job and serve the guest. so lady please change the attitude.

the room and surrounding area i very good,very clean,and very peaces. it's good for the bag packers group.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank mrsamran
Mooloolaba, Australia
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We stayed here for four days in february and loved the place. It looks great, the staff is really friendly and bed was comfy. The bathroom is a nice size and the cold shower a treat in the heat. The tiles in the bathroom got quite slippery though. The monkeys were great entertainment ( this will probably change as we did see tourist feeding them and they will become more aggressive as a result) only downside was the heat in the afternoon, not very pleasant to be there around that time, but morning and nights were nice and cool didn't need the fan even. A mozzie net is a must at night but there weren't as many as I expected. Would definitely recommend to budget travelers.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2014

book for 4nights.
excellent place for budget.
no problem with mosquitoes at all.
very nature type of hotel
good place for sleep and move around.
dnt expect room service, hot shower.
a lot of restaurant nearby and 10min walk to beach.

Room Tip: choose s13.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo