Came over here for dinner on weekdays hence it was not crowded. The restaurant is located in Kuah town and easy to find (we drove on our own while we were at Langkawi). This is a pork-free restaurant and major influence of Chinese and Thai style cooking.
Now, lets talk about what we ordered; Mango smoothie, pizzas, sotong goreng tepung (fried squid), kerabu (can’t remember what exac tly it was), tom yam chicken, fried long beans, Mongolian prawns (apparently this is their signature dish) and butter chicken. The portion of the food is quite generous and taste good. I have some comments;
1) Mango smoothie – this is good and very refreshing (not comparable wt mango lassi)
2) Mini Pizzas - I think we ordered tuna pizzas however I find it not tasty
3) Sotong goreng tepung (fried squid) - this was ok however don’t really like the “belacan” taste in the flour which used as the coating for the batter
4) Kerabu - can’t remember what type of kerabu we ordered but it was nice and spicy
5) Chicken Tom Yam - this was good and spicy
6) Fried long beans - this was good
7) Mongolian prawns which is a signature dish- this is my first time trying this dish, it seems a bit wet style of cooking. The taste is abit sweet and creamy. Pretty nice and different from the usual prawn dishes
8) Butter chicken - this is nice however you need to eat it while it is hot otherwise it will taste a bit oily
The speed of service was ok/average considering only few tables were occupied when we were there. The owner or the manager could have made an effort in small chat with the customers to make it personalized service since it is a small restaurant. Nevertheless I would recommend this place for their food and clean establishment.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.