“They stole money from my backpack.”

Aseania Resort & Spa Langkawi Island
Ranked #46 of 104 Hotels in Langkawi
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I came here with 8 family members and we had to get two rooms, right next to each other. Everything was going fine, other than the fact that the staff is so incompetent and the place isn't all that clean. We stayed at Aseania the 30th of August to the 2nd of September. On the 1st, we were out the entire day (8 am- 5:30 pm). When we got back to the hotel room, I noticed something was different with my backpack (things were out of my backpack that weren't before we left for the day). Someone (HOUSEKEEPING) went through my backpack and took my RM200 from a small purse that was inside my backpack. Along with that, my boyfriends brother had RM200, $45 USD, and a pair of nice headphones missing from his backpack. We filed a complaint with security, they "searched" the housekeepers that cleaned our room, but couldn't find anything (supposedly). The food and beverage manager then tells us he can give us a free dinner to compensate. HAHA what a joke. We talked to the manager of the hotel and he gave us a free 3 night stay at any of their resorts (even more of a joke. I'm never going to any of their other hotels again). Also, we are from America and this is probably the last time we will be in Langkawi. Another thing, the manager tells us they have safe boxes at the front lobby so they aren't liable for anything lost or stolen, which was NEVER informed to us when we checked in because the front desk ladies are so awful and incompetent. I booked with booking.com, had my confirmation number and everything, and it took them over 30 minutes to find our reservation! (Doesn't make sense because I had the booking number right there for her). The workers at this hotel are horrible and I've never received such bad service at a hotel before. DO NOT STAY AT ASEANIA. They will most likely steal from you and then do nothing about it.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank jmorelli26
There are newer reviews for Aseania Resort & Spa Langkawi Island

Reviewed 28 August 2013

I agree with those negative reviews that the hotel condition is really below the value paid. My biggest problems is the water! Yes, the water from the tap is dirty and brownish and I have no choice but to buy my own mineral water even for brushing!
Other than that, the room is still clean but quite far away from the lobby.

Common corridor/room is not carpeted so the noise of other guests walk past can be annoying in the night. And the noise from your 'noisy' neighbours can drive you crazy as well since the 'sound proof' effect is rather poor in your room.

Only a few staff can well communicated in English....which could ends up with unpleasant experience for some travellers. I met a traveller from PRC who cannot communicate well in English while the staff cannot communicate in Chinese, I do agree that the staff atitute is a problem as she has no patience with this guest from the very beginning. To me, the staff that I enountered are of mixed, some do really nice and helpful but none from the front desk! So, you can imagine what could happen to your check-in experience.

If you are not travel with family and kids, the pool is really not attracted to me at all, though i saw other guests seems to be enjoying

Well, having said so much negative. There is still some plus points to this hotel
1. In room WIFI is provided free of charge but there is coverage and lobby and cafeteria nor pool
2. Ideal location - the biggest value
a. 3 mins walk to the beach, which is not crowded (this is the only reason i choose the hotel)
Due to geographical location, you can only enjoy sunset (NOT sunrise)
You can forget about the beach hut stated, it is just a few chairs on the beach

a. There is one convenient store just next to the hotel and another across the street.

b. There is one shop selling local unique tropical fruits (opposite the hotel)

c. 10 mins walking distance to underwater world (there is a macdonald outlet)

d. 15-20mins walk to Cenang Shopping mall

Well, overall I choose this hotel simply because its location and I am beach lover.
In the night, I can take a stroll along the street with stretch of stall/shops at two sides of the road.
Normally, hotel is just a place for me to sleep. Therefore, the rest I can compromise.
It really depends on your choice and you either like it or hate it

Note: This hotel is very far from Kuah town (25mins by Taxi and cost RM24 one way). If you like to shop at Kuah town instead of going to the beach, do take note. This hotel is more for beach goer.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank nwk13
Reviewed 28 August 2013

i stayed there with my family for 4 days,they gave us an apartment with the jungles view,it was so nice,clean with good bath services and very comfortable beds,good air conditioner,the staff were very kind and respecting,the pool was the greatest I had ever seen!the pool area had very beautiful nature surrounding it, very relaxing,there were pretty bird chirping all day long,and they woke us up with their beautiful voice every morning :) the break fast was somewhat good,there could be more options ,need a bit upgrade for break fast items,the spa was perfect with real expert staff,access to shopping ,beach and every thing was very good, i will definitely choose this hotel if I come to langkawi again:)

Room Tip: if you come in groups of 4 ,family include ask the staff of reception to give you one of the appartm...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2013

The highlight of this hotel was for us the huge pool with three toboggans and a bar. Our children couldn't leave it. A part from that, the hotel is getting old and really need a major renovation. Rooms have no isolation so you hear very well your neighbors. the breakfast was really questionable, the service average and the price rather high for Malaysia.

We will not go back to this hotel.

Room Tip: A room with no neighbors....
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We booked for 3 days & 2 nights but we did extend another 3 nights more!!.
The hotel's facilities were great with very nice and new spa &gym. We enjoyed our stay thoroughly as the resort is peaceful (although it's during the peak period with a lot of guests) as it's surrounded with nature. We stayed in the Deluxe Room 8109. The room is clean and cosy but the toilet need to well clean and should be up to date! Tiles was in bad condition looks, really need to replace it...what we earned is points of our balcony view by wave pool and their luxurious Heavenly Bed.
Excellent view of swimming pool. Once you deep in the water you never want to come out from the pool anymore. We enjoy swimming at the pool and enjoy the food and drink at the pool bar. But unfortunately my gf found a short hair in her sandwich. We show the bartender and he told us just a hair and ask us want to change that slice of sandwich or the whole plate? We so disappoint and told him forget it. Not more than 10 minute someone came to us and apologize about the food at the pool and asking us what they can do for us? He offer us a cocktail drink as well. Since already happen and the hotel already apologize then we just forgive him and never ask for anything.,,
We spend 3 night for hotel buffet dinner... Food was very testy and variety..My gf love their sushi, grilled lamb is very outstanding! With RM48 only you can get it everything and here is only 3 star hotel but the buffet is superb with the pricing that they have selling compared to other neighbour resort..They also have a live band. Breakfast buffet also nice as well, many choices..We are really enjoy our stay at pool rain forest view and really bring sweet memories back our home.we are recommended for all couples & family travelled to try this resort. Very good resort and superb friendly staff.
we will come again for next visit Malaysian trip 2014...

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Aseania resort & spa is a great resort that we can only recommend for a stay in Langkawi. It is walking distance to "Pantai Tengah beach, Cenang beach, Underwater world" sorrounding with several shops and restaurants and tour information desk is excellent!

While the rooms are a bit dated and bathroom is out of date, the pool area with the slide was amazing! spa, the fitness room as well as the Laguna restaurant were great. The breakfast buffet offered everything you can think of!

We knew about limitations during Ramadan, resort was doing many construction and hopefully on my next visit everything about all this resort is complete!

Room Tip: Call and follow up your room booking status and make sure get the person name from a reservation in...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Wang Y
Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

"beachhut" is a tremendous exaggeration, I would rather call it "five chairs in the middle of the sun". I don't understand why the hotel is advertising about a nice beachhut, when it's clearly not there. This is misleading.
The swimmingpool is very clean and big, the ambiance is good. Although there is no beachhut, the beach itself is very beautiful and clean. The rooms are clean as well. I also recommend the spa!

• Stayed: August 2013