“Nice pool and comfy bed but bad food for breakfast & bad room service”

Aseania Resort & Spa Langkawi Island
Ranked #43 of 104 Hotels in Langkawi
Reviewed 4 February 2014

The hotel environment is nice. They have their own beautiful pool with big waterfall and water slide.I love their comfy bed as well! However, the price is expensive and not worth the price when I have a bad experience with the room service where my room do not have remote control for the air cond and our room became so hot at night. We need to keep calling the receptionist every 5 min to follow up and they promise to solve the problem within 10 minutes but at the end we need to wait till mid night. The shower space is too small even for 1 person but the toilet room space is bigger than the shower room. I also don't like the breakfast because the food is too bad. I can only eat omelette and salad because the the food is so terrible!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed 3 nights in this hotel with my family and they were horrible. This hotel is very bad for many reasons.
1) The staff were impolite.
2) The lobby is very bad because the place is too hot they do not have air conditioner and the restaurant is near the swimming pool so the weather was very bad.
3) The television is small and the channels are bad.
4) The room was ok but I did not like the bathroom.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 January 2014

This resort great strength with wonderful staff. Some Indonesia staff can't speak good english in service line but he know what we need and looking for..helpful! They are very friendly and can make your stay here feeling shortly. Resort is an older one but with a new improvement everywhere from what we saw here will make this resort outstanding soonest... But bathroom, it's look dirty even they did a cleaning. We did change twice our room while check in but finally we had no choice when looking at the same result of bathroom even clean well. We enjoy so much the pool and bar such a breathtaking resort, with natural forest and lovely sounds of waterfall. Service was incredible excellent from the moment we arrived. We were attentively served by everyone we met. Fara... she did a great job and speak well english. We really enjoy the Malaysia dance and I was shock after we know on next morning that they doing a clearing my table during my breakfast time. Superb staff.. Ala carte, lamb chop was awesome! Sure we back here again on our next stop of vacation. Recommended this place!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Zick0
Reviewed 23 January 2014

There with friends for three days, our room was upgraded and was very spacious. The swimming pool was awesome, the best is the location just walkable from beach and the main shopping area. Breakfast was average. Room service was not heard off, as we ordered a bucket of ice and soda waited for nearly 1 hour after that we had to go and fetch ourselves. Very poor staffs. I think they have too many rooms and inadequate staff strength. Instant water heater was installed in the bathroom which gave us lukewarm water. Will sure consider staying there next time.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Stay from 2 days ago until this Friday, 24 Jan 14 on business trip. Worst hotel I have ever stayed. Bad housekeeping, rude receptionist, very slow wifi. Laundry send was not delivered on time. Staffs know nothing on their hotel, as simple as I asked the french toast cook about dish on thenext table dish, which he simple answer he dont know, and have no effort to ask other staff. Breakfast are terrible, especially the Cocunut Rice.

They deliver damaged iron board (see picture).

On the laundry, the laundry was supposed to be resend to me by 5 pm. But, to my surprise, only send to me at 8.15pm, and that I missed my evening tour session. While the staffs were not helping at all to resolve the laundry.

I even asked to get the manager, where the front desk staff reluctant by given many excuses. I eve n give them my personal number for manager to contact me.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Carlleyt
Reviewed 17 January 2014

we stay january 13 ,this is my first time we come here,we stay at room 1213 ,the room is very far but the view still nice infront the pool ,the location is very nice,its neares from beach and from the shop,the pool is very nice,very freindy staf,some bellboy can speak mandarin,he simplify our holiday,tour desk is great,the bar staf very fun.,we are very enjoy to the pool

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

We were there for almost a week, and in short, loved, loved, loved the pools but compromised in some other areas.
The plus points: of course location matters, and aseania won't disappoint in that regard. It's a five minute walk to chenang beach and the myriad restaurants and bars along the road. Breakfast buffet is superb with plenty of options. We loved the paratha/roti made on Sundays and pancakes rest of the week. Their restaurant is pricey otherwise, just walk to the restaurants or cafés and there's plenty of choice. They hold a buffet dinner most nights by the pools with song and cultural dance performances, though.
Aah, the pools!!! Kids as well as adults are going to love spending time at the man-made waterfall, wave pool, lazy river and more at aseania. It's clean, and they readily give fresh towels when you're done. Funnnn!
Minus points: It's expensive! Sometimes there are insects and geckos indoors, including the rooms! Yikes! Just have repellents ready, just in case, and try to keep the balcony door shut as much as possible, that's where the mosquitos usually wait.

That's all, it's overall worth it when you consider the location.

Stayed: January 2014