“Langkawi Genting Highland”

and up
Half-Day Bird-Watching Tour in Langkawi
Ranked #20 of 104 things to do in Langkawi
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Highest mountain in Pulau Langkawi. Surprisingly he mist was covered the whole tower.. great experience at this place and enjoy the local tea being served.

All reviews
"surrounding islands"
"worth the trip"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Wow …what a amazing drive to the top of this mountain. Views are amazing..the place was quite, and very relaxing away from the crowds..if you have rental car..head to the top !!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

It starts with an early morning drive up the Gunung Raya highest peak and along the journey up, we can see beautiful flora and fauna and once up there, dont forget to go to the viewing area where there's a pit-stop for the beginning of "Tangga Helang Seribu Kenangan" which is a man-built steps that any hikers who dare can walk down until the Lubuk Semilang area ( in the Laman Buku Langkawi Geopark ) .
This is a MUST visit place when you are in Langkawi

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I rent a motorbike for RM35/day to visit Gunung Raya and other attractions. Since I like nature, I ride and stop to enjoy the view. THe view from top to the town below, is not nice at all (in my opinion). Yet I enjoy the scenery, the tree along the road. It was cloudy so I didn't pay RM10 to go to the viewing tower.

See more reviews
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I want to warn other female travellers to be careful in this area after today being stalked by a local man along the main road of jalan ulu malaka who then followed me up the mountain road, cornered me on my bike and both verbally and sexually assaulted me before threatening worse with a knife. I never got to the top. This happened just before the 2km sign from the peak. I really urge single woman not to travel here alone. In my 10 years of travelling solo this is the only horrible thing to ever happen to me. Be careful!

12  Thank Kel T