“not much black sand left”
Review of Black Sand Beach

and up
Private Tanjung Rhu Village and Mangroves by Boat in Langkawi
Ranked #47 of 95 things to do in Langkawi
More attraction details
Owner description: Unlike other black-sand beaches, this sand isn't volcanic in nature but rather is streaked black by run-off from a nearby hot spring.
Reviewed 2 July 2014

what i liked the most was it is a great place for photographs, and what I disliked was that it does not have much black sands left

Reviewed 24 June 2014

It s not a nice beach. feels dirty. there is one cement factory next to beach which also spoils the location. You can give it a miss

Reviewed 27 May 2014

its a dirty beach and its empty. nothing special or different abt it. tho u get a good panaromic view of the mountains along the sea, dats it.
u wud not want to wait her efor more than 10 min.
Probably can jus stop over if it falls on ur way.

1  Thank aKa24
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Our driver wanted to take us to see the black sand beach.Unlike other black-sand beaches. Apparently this sand is streaked black by run-off from a nearby hot spring.

I thought it was nothing special and I certainly would go out of my way to see this place. Luckily it was on the way to our next destination.

To get to this beach there are a few market stalls you walk past where you can buy various food and clothing items.

1  Thank tommomelbourne
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I was really excited to take a drive around and see the black sand beach. Boy was I disappointed. First, it's not black. Second, it's not a beach - I'm just kidding. It is a beach, but not one that I want to hang out near. Save the time and skip this location.