“10 Strange things about this hotel”

Ombak Villa Langkawi
Ranked #25 of 104 Hotels in Langkawi
Hong Kong, China
“10 Strange things about this hotel”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

1. This hotel is a Muslim Hotel, no alcohol or red meat served in the hotel. The strange part is they have not mentioned anything in any booking devices.
2. As this is a Muslim Hotel, they pray 3-4 times a day in the hotel with prayers on the microphone. (I do respect their religion)
3. The pool is nice but it is always under maintenance. I can hear the strolling sound very clearly under the water. It was just weird... you were swimming and there were men sweating working next to the pool.
4. The time of issuing our hotel room card was quite long, yet they gave us a wrong room. It took us 2.5 hours just to check into the right room.
5. We have mentioned very clearly in the booking that it is a honeymoon trip and requested for King size bed, at the end, they gave us a room with 2 beds and nothing in the room. The management said they would put a fruit basket in the room if it is for honeymoon, which it was nothing there until we made a complaint telling them it was not the room type we asked for.
6. No couch or chatting chair in the room.
7. It was 7 mins drive to the nearest beach.
8. It was 8-10 mins outdoor walk from our room to the lobby/restaurant area.
9. Our room stayed at the end of the corner, which was the main road for the Golf Kart... that means you often see people passing by outside your window....
10. The clock is not working, we tried to re-set a few times just didn't work. I guess it is a decoration.
11. (Oops more than 10) The A/C was sometimes cold, sometimes hot...

To be fair, the room size was fine and the bathroom is quite big but I definitely don't feel that I want to stay in the hotel all that much. I do not exactly feel warm with their service and definitely don't feel that it is a honeymoon trip. With the price like this, I would recommend another hotel.

Room Tip: If you are still booking this hotel, try to request 2nd floor and closer to the pool. But I don'...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank candyhui

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Paradise Island, New Providence Island
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We booked this place through a mystery deal, where you would only know which hotel you're going to stay after paying the booking. So we got a pretty good deal.. If the full price was charged my review might be different.

The design and layout of the rooms is great, everything appears to be pretty new. There was some renovation going on in the hotel grounds on parts that seemed to be in OK condition.. It seems they really put an effort in maintenance.

The hotel is located outside of the busy areas and is part of two other hotels/resorts. As mentioned in other comments, this is an alcohol free hotel (well; they don't sell alcohol). If you fancy a beer or glass of wine just do like we did and stock up in one of the many duty free shops.. there's a refrigerator in the room to keep things cool. Or take a 2 minute walk to the sister hotel for some fresh cocktails..

Staff is very friendly and diligent, rooms are clean and spacious, pool is okay but will probably get crowded when the hotel gets full (it was around 30% when we were there), food was very good with large servings. Their gym is OK, but equipment is a bit outdated and sparse.

There is a beach, but swimming is discouraged during jellyfish season.

If I could get the same deal, I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Take the rooms on the ground floor, so you don't have to climb all those stairs :)
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank NLIvor
Medway, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2014

This is quite a small hotel, about 90 rooms, lovely pool, restaurant was good, only draw back is a cab ride into the nearest town, pantie chennai. The rooms were large and very we'll furnished, and as it is a new hotel in first class condition

Room Tip: All rooms face the sea, so any room is good
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alan R
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We have stayed at ombak villas over christmas and had a very pleasant stay. The room was very spacious with a luxurious bathroom and a large king sized bed, we had to change rooms as the standard rooms have a queen and a single. The breakfast selection was extensive ranging from rendang beef curry to croissants to omeletes and with a good selection of fruit and juices. The setting is beautiful, it is tranquil and surrounded by greenery and views of the sea. The service is good and efficient, although the comprehension of english language was at times disappointing. The main complaint is the lack of a beach, which was not particularly inconvenient as cenang pantai and tengah beaches are only a ten minute taxi journey away. The hotel neglected to mention that it does not serve alcohol.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NickalbondigaIrene
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

I came across this resort in Agoda. When I arrived I was amazed with the setup of the resort. The villa was really nice with the sea view. I loved the pool. The breakfast buffet was good. Their staffs were very helpful and kind. They also set the room up for a surprise for my wife and me. I would like to thank Mr Zulfan and his team for everything. I am looking forward to return to stay at this villa. All the best to Ombak Villa

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
KL
Reviewed 17 March 2014

The title of my review sums it all. While the suite itself is excellent. Spacious, big balcony overlooking the sea, generous bathroom , new fittings etc. I could not complain on the room facilities.
But our experience in dealing with the hotel reservation, check in , etc has been proven closer to a holiday nightmare. Took us almost 90 minutes to check in. I have made booking online via their website but they when we arrived, they could not find our check in despite booking payment has been made. ( prob to their agent)
I feel that they could have just offer us a room as walk in and honor the offered rate but both the lady at the reservation and the counter actually looked at my as if I was lying to them.
I had to open my online banking transaction and showed to them the transaction of the payment. Despite doing this, I still could not get a room.After almost an hour and a half waiting we decided to walk off and go to another hotel. Just when we stepped out, they miracoulously found our booking.
Hence we decided to stay despite protest from my husband. I really regret not listening to him.
The service from there onwards was just downhill.
We were made to wait another 30 minutes to get their 'booking update' from their reservation. In the end they gave us the room key to drop our stuff cause we were famished from not having lunch.We were told to settle the payment upon check out.
The room itself is quite a walk from the lobby and you need to rely on buggy car. After we came back from lunch we waited for 15 min and no buggy in sight and we had to walk to the room with all our shopping bags
Upon check out, I found out the rate that they offered in their website (20% off If I book online) were misleading as it was not the case at all. I was made to pay more that what was stated in their website.The lady from the reservation came out and gave me another 'accusing' look that I was pulling a fast one on them over the rate.
This was a holiday made in hell for us. The waiting, arguing, incompetent reservation, etc.
While the suite was nice but we will not come back. Take your holiday elsewhere but not this hotel. All the reviews you read here are real and its not a co incident or one off.
Never again!

Room Tip: Dont! Just dont
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Gracefulgrace
Malaysia
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Contrary to many of the negative review, I had a very pleasant experience with this hotel. The room is spacious with 1 queen size bed and 1 super single, a good size balcony and fairly large bathroom. All rooms have good seaview. Although some of the staff were not fluent in English but they tried their best to provide good service. I'd applause them for their effort. Overall, a good experience.

• Stayed March 2014