Ombak Villa Langkawi
US$278
US$180
The Danna Langkawi(Pantai Kok)
US$293
US$284
Hotels.com
US$143
US$132
Trip.com
  • Pool
Ambong Ambong Langkawi(Pantai Tengah)
US$211
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
US$749
US$679
Casa del Mar, Langkawi(Pantai Cenang)
US$264
US$203
Hotel Website
All reviewssea cottagesarabic cuisinebackup planelectric mosquito repellentmuddy waternice hotel to stayinternet connectionnecessary amenitiesspacious roomsea viewsister hotelcenang beachlarge hotelcheck in processbuggy rideinfinity poolrooms are lovely
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We booked 3days 2 nights in this resort. We had a few minutes check in with a welcome drink. Our room thumb up... i loved the room as they spare us a prayer mat n all that we need is in the room. Their staff are all polite say good morning, evening n night. Only 2nd night i feedback to hotel reception about wifi connection. She answer me "I will come back to you".. Till night the reception doesnt give me an answer. And their staff some do.not know speak English. Overall, we will.come back again in this hotel

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Raslin
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We loved everything about the villa. The room is big with the modern design. Suitable and comfortable for me and my family. My kids like to play in the jacuzzi while my husband enjoyed the movie. With sea view, it was very relaxing. We spent our evening by walking along the seaside,it was fascinating. We will definitely return to this villa in our next trip to langkawi.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank zulini
Reviewed 25 April 2014

1. This hotel is a Muslim Hotel, no alcohol or red meat served in the hotel. The strange part is they have not mentioned anything in any booking devices.
2. As this is a Muslim Hotel, they pray 3-4 times a day in the hotel with prayers on the microphone. (I do respect their religion)
3. The pool is nice but it is always under maintenance. I can hear the strolling sound very clearly under the water. It was just weird... you were swimming and there were men sweating working next to the pool.
4. The time of issuing our hotel room card was quite long, yet they gave us a wrong room. It took us 2.5 hours just to check into the right room.
5. We have mentioned very clearly in the booking that it is a honeymoon trip and requested for King size bed, at the end, they gave us a room with 2 beds and nothing in the room. The management said they would put a fruit basket in the room if it is for honeymoon, which it was nothing there until we made a complaint telling them it was not the room type we asked for.
6. No couch or chatting chair in the room.
7. It was 7 mins drive to the nearest beach.
8. It was 8-10 mins outdoor walk from our room to the lobby/restaurant area.
9. Our room stayed at the end of the corner, which was the main road for the Golf Kart... that means you often see people passing by outside your window....
10. The clock is not working, we tried to re-set a few times just didn't work. I guess it is a decoration.
11. (Oops more than 10) The A/C was sometimes cold, sometimes hot...

To be fair, the room size was fine and the bathroom is quite big but I definitely don't feel that I want to stay in the hotel all that much. I do not exactly feel warm with their service and definitely don't feel that it is a honeymoon trip. With the price like this, I would recommend another hotel.

Room Tip: If you are still booking this hotel, try to request 2nd floor and closer to the pool. But I don't recommend this hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank candyhui
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We booked this place through a mystery deal, where you would only know which hotel you're going to stay after paying the booking. So we got a pretty good deal.. If the full price was charged my review might be different.

The design and layout of the rooms is great, everything appears to be pretty new. There was some renovation going on in the hotel grounds on parts that seemed to be in OK condition.. It seems they really put an effort in maintenance.

The hotel is located outside of the busy areas and is part of two other hotels/resorts. As mentioned in other comments, this is an alcohol free hotel (well; they don't sell alcohol). If you fancy a beer or glass of wine just do like we did and stock up in one of the many duty free shops.. there's a refrigerator in the room to keep things cool. Or take a 2 minute walk to the sister hotel for some fresh cocktails..

Staff is very friendly and diligent, rooms are clean and spacious, pool is okay but will probably get crowded when the hotel gets full (it was around 30% when we were there), food was very good with large servings. Their gym is OK, but equipment is a bit outdated and sparse.

There is a beach, but swimming is discouraged during jellyfish season.

If I could get the same deal, I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Take the rooms on the ground floor, so you don't have to climb all those stairs :)
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NLIvor
Reviewed 13 April 2014

This is quite a small hotel, about 90 rooms, lovely pool, restaurant was good, only draw back is a cab ride into the nearest town, pantie chennai. The rooms were large and very we'll furnished, and as it is a new hotel in first class condition

Room Tip: All rooms face the sea, so any room is good
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple