we stayed here one week and enjoyed it! We loved the fact that they are eco-friendly and try to do everything to keep it that way! You should absolutely join their eco-tour when you're there, since there is so much to learn and see in their garden and about their facilities.
We stayed in a garden-view villa, which was great, since there were no neighbours and we had lots of privacy. The villa is quite big and stylish decorated with lots of wood, very beautiful! The bathroom was very old, we expected something better, but since there is an outside shower, for us that compensated for the old bathroom :-)The towels however were so thin; they should be replaced I think.
Everyday the room was cleaned; the bed was huge and there was a fridge, all very convenient.
Something not so convenient is that there are lots of mosquito's and the windows do not have things in them to prevent them from coming in, so you can definitely not open your window, unless you want to be eaten alive. Around the 2 pools there are sunbeds, but you need to get up early to put your towel on one because at our 1st day they were all taken by 9 am!
There is no jellyfish-net (like in Australia everywhere where there can be jellyfish) and also no vinegar at the beach, so I do not think the are taking care of that properly. We therefore did not swim in the sea, but the saltwater pool is nice.
The breakfast was delicious; a real treat every morning. And the staff was very kind. We arrived early in the morning and were given a early check-in free of charge! The resort is close to the village, which is convenient.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked between coconut palms and lush tropical gardens, the Frangipani Langkawi Resort & Spa is located by a pristine, white sandy beach overlooking the tranquil Andaman Sea and an archipelago of over 104 islands. The resort remains close to the bustling Cenang Beach, yet retains its natural charm as secluded hideaway as the two beaches lay parted by a cliff, accessible only by road. Over the years, The Frangipani Langkawi Resort & Spa has garnered a number of prestigious awards, including the ASEAN Green Hotel Award 2014, as well as Tripadvisor's Top 25 Relaxation and Spa Hotels for Malaysia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Frangipani Langkawi Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Frangipani Langkawi Resort And Spa
- The Frangipani Langkawi Hotel Langkawi
- Frangipani Resort Langkawi
- Village Langkawi