We were in Langkawi for a wedding and picked the Frangipani because it had good reviews on Tripadvisor. Maybe my expectations of the service and quality were not inline.
We were to leave for the wedding at 3.30pm and arrived at the hotel at 2.00pm to check-in. We were asked to wait as the room was being made up and check-in time was at 3pm. At 2.45pm I checked again and the front desk called housekeeping who informed them that they had only just started cleaning the room. We got into our room at 3.10pm. Bear in mind check out time is at 12pm, so what were the staff doing for 3 hours?
Here are a few concerns:
- from experience check in time is usually at 2pm and not 3pm. Check out is still at 12pm. This is a 3 hour difference.
- reception staff were not very friendly nor helpful. They did not offer any alternative rooms knowing we were in a rush to make the wedding. It was not until we pushed them and informed them of the urgency that they then said 'yes there is another room available'.
- the staff were there to just 'do their job' not to over deliver or find ways to solve the problem.
- room air conditioning was not cold. the a/c unit looked like it was installed 10 years ago
- lots of mosquitoes in the room
- room slippers etc were not prepared, we had to request for it (maybe housekeeping were rushing to prepare the room)
- wall paint was peeling
- our mate in another room had RM900 stolen when they were out
- no towel in the spa, we had to run to the pool to get a towel. No one offered to get one for us.
- staff were lying down on the bench in the spa having an afternoon nap
- food was alright
- shower was awesome. Very powerful!
- there were staff who were actually very friendly - the housekeeping lady, dining area staff.
This hotel was at most a 3.5 star hotel with expensive rates. I would not recommend the Frangipani, my first and last time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked between coconut palms and lush tropical gardens, the Frangipani Langkawi Resort & Spa is located by a pristine, white sandy beach overlooking the tranquil Andaman Sea and an archipelago of over 104 islands. The resort remains close to the bustling Cenang Beach, yet retains its natural charm as secluded hideaway as the two beaches lay parted by a cliff, accessible only by road. Over the years, The Frangipani Langkawi Resort & Spa has garnered a number of prestigious awards, including the ASEAN Green Hotel Award 2014, as well as Tripadvisor's Top 25 Relaxation and Spa Hotels for Malaysia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Frangipani Langkawi Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Frangipani Langkawi Resort And Spa
- The Frangipani Langkawi Hotel Langkawi
- Frangipani Resort Langkawi
- Village Langkawi