We reached Langkawi as the third leg of our honeymoon, arriving from Penang by ferry. From the ferry station to the hotel, it took about 25/30 minutes. We were full of trepidation as to how the hotel would be, since we read mixed reviews on Trip Advisor, but seriously, we fell in love with the hotel at first sight. The rooms were lovely, with great view! Am not sure why some people say the washroom is one side, not inside the bathroom. It wasn't so in our case. The bathroom had all the modern amenities along with a bathtub. Housekeeping was good too!
Now about the location... the hotel is 10 minutes away from the main Pentai Cenang beach and costs about 15 RM, There is a taxi station right outside the hotel, so that is not a problem. The road is dotted with restaurants- try them out.
The hotel is very huge. From the main lobby to our room, it was a good 5-8 minutes walk. but we used to go through the board walk- so always enjoyed the view, In the night, its good to see at the lazy chairs outside, see the luxury yachts that are docked by, and enjoy the breeze. The restaurant has outside seating options too- on the boardwalk. Try that! Breakfast options are aplenty.
The hotel doesn't have its own beach- but there is a pvt beach which is 4 minutes by the jetty (hotel provides free to & fro) I found that better than Pentai Cenang because obviously this one is less crowded & more cozy! All-in-all, a great resort!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resorts World Langkawi is located 5 minutes away from the popular Cenang Beach and Tengah Beach, and approximately 20 minutes away from Langkawi International Airport. We are also 24KM away from Kuah Town and 16KM from the nearest hospital. The seafront resort and marina overlooks east of Langkawi UNESCO Global Geopark, with the Dayang Bunting Marble Geoforest as its backdrop and the sun rising along it. Peaceful and relaxing, the resort has finely furnished rooms and boasts spectacular and unobstructed views of the ocean, especially the newly renovated rooms of modern and functional design. Enjoy the convenience of our private jetty for activities like island hopping, private boat rides, sunset cruises and fishing. Intimate dining and walks along the boardwalk, or pampering at the recognized 5-star Javanese spa (Taman Sari Royal Heritage Spa), are great options for couples. The hotel also provides free shuttle to Cenang Beach 5 times a day. The idyllic Resorts World Langkawi is perfect for travelers who appreciate scenery and romance, given peace and privacy away from busy tourist centers but at the same time mobility convenience at its doorstep. Live band performance is available daily except Monday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Resorts World Langkawi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Awana Porto Malai Langkawi Hotel Langkawi
- Awana Porto Malai Hotel Langkawi
- Langkawi Awana Porto Malai