I had read mixed reviews about the hotel and so was quite anxious to find out how it really was. We were relieved the minute we saw it. The hotel was quite nicely maintained and the view was amazingly beautiful. the room was clean and luxurious and the bed very comfortable. However the bathroom was something from a comedy show. the sink was in the room. there were two separate bathrooms, one had the shower and the second one had the commode. I mean whoever thought of that design! however they were clean and as the view from our room was amazing we decided against changing it. The hotel offers a private beach(which is on an island 5min away using a ferry). the hotel provides a to and fro ferry ride free of cost after every 30 minutes. However the beach was not as cool as it sounds as there was only a small stretch of beach and the remaining area is covered with rocks. We had a good time anyway as the beach was completely private and me and my husband were the only people there.
The breakfast was very good and offered a large variety for all sorts of people.
The hotel lies away from the main market so you would have to take a cab to go there everytime. The ride costs around 10 ringitts. the hotel provides free shuttle service three times in a day to pentai chenang.
We had a very pleasant trip there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resorts World Langkawi is located 5 minutes away from the popular Cenang Beach and Tengah Beach, and approximately 15 minutes away from Langkawi International Airport. The seafront resort and marina overlooks east of Langkawi UNESCO Global Geopark, with the Dayang Bunting Marble Geoforest as its backdrop and the sun rising along it. Peaceful and relaxing, the resort has finely furnished rooms and boasts spectacular and unobstructed views of the ocean, especially the newly renovated rooms of modern and functional design. Enjoy the convenience of our private jetty for activities like island hopping, private boat rides, sunset cruises and fishing. Intimate dining and walks along the boardwalk, or pampering at the recognized 5-star Javanese spa (Taman Sari Royal Heritage Spa), are great options for couples. The hotel also provides free shuttle to Cenang Beach 5 times a day. The idyllic Resorts World Langkawi is perfect for travelers who appreciate scenery and romance, given peace and privacy away from busy tourist centers but at the same time mobility convenience at its doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your Resorts World Langkawi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Awana Porto Malai Langkawi Hotel Langkawi
- Awana Porto Malai Hotel Langkawi
- Langkawi Awana Porto Malai