Resorts World Langkawi
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Ambong Pool Villas Langkawi(Pantai Tengah)
View Hotel
Ambong Ambong Langkawi(Pantai Tengah)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
Tropical Resort(Pantai Tengah)
Desa Motel(Pantai Tengah)
1,009 results
All reviewscenang beachisland hoppingsea view roommalaisunset cruiseswimming poolqueen size bedshuttle servicejettyyachtpremierhoneymoonscooterkuah
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 January 2012

This is the right place for those -
who want to pass vacation with full silence...
who wnat to stay far away from the crowd…
who wants to see wonderful scenery all around them...

You can see the blue water and green small islands from your bed ... its an awasome experience..

Main disadvantage is : you will always need to car/taxi/motocycle to reach the beaches, markets, food resturants..

Room Tip: must take sea view room
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Far away from the main crowd area along the beach...need a taxi full time at your door to go any place..they have rated themselves 4.5-5 star whereas its a normal hotel with nothing really great...the views from the windows can be enjoyed at any place in langkawi...

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank sharmamayank
Reviewed 8 January 2012

How you feel about this hotel will depend entirely on what it is you look for in holiday digs.

My partner and I spent nine nights in this hotel. We love a good view - especially one that includes water and mountains. When we booked this hotel we made sure that if we were staying for nine nights our room would have a view - and it did. The waterfront view is stunning. I never grew tired looking at those mountains and that water and especially enjoyed watching how different it looked depending on what time of the day I was looking at it.

The hotel has a nice, roomy pool. The pool area in this hotel is brilliant. The pool and pool toilets/changing room were kept meticulously clean throughout our stay. I especially like that this pool is divided into through distinct areas. There is the "grown ups" section of the pool, which is the largest section. Then there is a shallow wading pool for the children and in between those two sections were slides and fountains for the kids to play in. Why I liked this is that the main pool wasn't dominated by small children and meant the adults could enjoy the pool as well, without someone else's children jumping on top of you.

I have two criticisms of the pool area and it's good to note this for your own use. The first is that there were limited reclining chairs and the more selfish hotel guests would get to the pool early in the morning, put towels, books and other paraphernalia on the seats to secure them and then come and go from the pool at their leisure. The pool attendants would never challenge these people (I suspect that's a product of that cultural trait in Asia where you never say "no"), so at busy times there were people without seats and seats without people!

My other comment is that by late afternoon, the pool would often run out of towels. At about 6pm the laundry truck would arrive and the pool attendant would disappear and return with warm, freshly laundered towels - it's not a biggie, but perhaps the towel order needs to increase if this is happening on a regular basis.

The hotel has a spa. I did not use it, but my partner did and reported it was excellent.

There is a fitness room which I used on a couple of occasions. It was adequate and contained a lat pulldown machine, shoulder press machine, leg extension and leg curl machines, dumbbells, floor mat, treadmill, bike and cross/eliptical trainer. It's complimentary.

The reception staff in the hotel were very pleasant and helpful. The restaurant staff were much the same, as were the bar staff.

I only ate breakfast at the hotel, so can only comment on that. The breakfast buffet is large. The breakfast room is oddly designed. The staff are not quick at clearing tables, so over the course of our nine day stay we sometimes had to clear our own table and we did this while the staff watched us do it!!! The breakfast room has an indoor and outdoor section. Because they are slow to clear tables, sparrows often come inside and start eating off the food scraps. This is a poor look and would be significantly rectified if the staff were quicker at clearing tables.

The breakfast buffet has a Western food section, the quality of which is more like school camp food than hotel breakfast food. There is an eggs counter where you can have eggs made to order and that is very good and very efficient.

The Malaysian food is located outside and I didn't really discover this until my second or third morning at the hotel. The Malaysian food, if that takes your fancy, on offer at breakfast is superb; far superior to the Western food that's offered.

Regards the hotel's location. We hired a car for the duration of our stay as it's about a 3km walk, up and down a hill, to the nearest restaurant strip, so factor this in when planning on staying here. There is a taxi stand near the hotel, so you'll always have a means of transport if walking in the Malaysian heat and rain is not your thing.

Now, to the biggest issue of the stay - the hotel room.

We paid for an ocean view room and as I suggested earlier, it's a spectacular view. Our room had a small and adequate balcony which was covered. Some rooms have larger balconies but they are only partially covered which means they're not protected from the elements like ours was. Some rooms have an ocean view but with no balcony and then there are rooms which overlook the pool.

I stayed in building four which was just about right. In building 5 you'll be subjected to the deafening beat of the Eagle Rock Night Club which is located on the ground floor of that building. The night club runs from about 9pm until 6am. I could just hear the beat of the club from my room. In building 1 and probably 2 you'd get the noise from the lobby bar, although that stops much earlier than the nightclub. So the location of your room will determine whether you have a good night's sleep, or not.

In a former life I used to assess hotel rooms for a major tour company. I learnt that the best way to assess a room is from the toilet seat. The reason for this is that it's whilst sitting on the toilet, hotel guests have time to look and observe - and therefore, how a hotel cleans the bathroom is, I believe, metaphorically reflective of their overall attitude towards their approach to their business.

THE BATHROOM IN OUR HOTEL ROOM WAS FILTHY. IT WAS A DISGRACE.

I'm attaching some pictures of our bathroom - the grouting was filthy. The tiles around the basin were full of mildew. The plug in the basin didn't work properly, so the water would drain extremely slowly. The shower rose was so caked up with grime that the water couldn't flow evenly from it. The paint in the bathroom was flaking and bubbling. There was rot in the door jam and whether or not we'd recently showered, there was a constant pool of water over the bathroom floor. On the quality of the bathroom, alone, I would never stay in this hotel again as I felt like I was taking my life into my own hands every time I used the facilities. Even the hallways were filthy; dirty, stained carpets and room service dishes left in the hall for hours.

The TV in the room was about 15 years old. Every other hotel I stayed in during my four week stay in Malaysia had modern television. This hotel, again the only one I encountered on my four week stay, did not provide complimentary wifi. You can purchase wifi, but it is extraordinarily expensive about $60/week and be warned, that $60 does not guarantee a strong signal.

House keeping standards were also questionable. The towels were old and stained. Often the room would be cleaned and toilet paper not replaced, or face cloths not replaced. The shampoo/soap was minimal, so you'd be best to supply your own (which, for the price one pays to stay here, should be more reliable). The toilet cistern was broken and wouldn't stop running unless you jiggled the handle after you flushed. The "art work" in our room was crooked and never fixed by house keeping - a minor thing, but reflective of the lack of attention to detail the hotel extends to their property. I don't think our room saw a vacuum cleaner for the 9 nights we stayed.

In sum, if it's a killer view you want then this is the place for you. Otherwise, I'd look elsewhere as I think your money could buy you better.

Room Tip: Read my review - it has it all.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank PoidaK
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Room was a good size. Food in restaurant took a long time to be prepared despite being empty. Staff a little laidback but friendly. You'd need a car to get around.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank scorpina
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Nice and Clean Hotel, Beautiful place to Stay. Helpful Staff. Excellent Breakfast (Lot of Variety). Best Food Quality.
Excellent Dinner Buffet and room service menu.

Must Do Things in Langkavi:
1) Mangrove Tour, Island Hopping
2) Para Sailing and Snorkeling
3) Cable Car, Chenang Beach, Eagle Square, Under Water Park.

Room Tip: Sea View Rooms with Balcony are Best.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple