Booked this based on reviews that gave lots of praise for the views and the room and the service...
If you get a room with a view, great. We didn't get one.
Walked to the outdoor restaurant/bar was about to lean on the rail to admire said wonderful view and found a snake on the rail which slithered down and onto the flooring close to the restaurant. Informed people working on the bar who seemed surprised but went about their buisness as normal. The hotel is not close to anything, you will definitely need a taxi every time u want to go anywhere near anything good or just civilisation.
Wifi is free in the lobby but chargeable at 25 RM for 24 hours which I thought at a push was okay and was about to purchase before discovering it was 25 RM PER DEVICE, not even per room which was beyond ridiculous and down right extortionate. I've stayed in 3 hotels in 3 separate cities on this trip and this rule was only applied here.
Only redeeming things about this hotel was the smiley staff which tried to be helpful even when they didnt understand what you said, and the breakfast buffet which had a lot of variety.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resorts World Langkawi is located 5 minutes away from the popular Cenang Beach and Tengah Beach, and approximately 20 minutes away from Langkawi International Airport. We are also 24KM away from Kuah Town and 16KM from the nearest hospital. The seafront resort and marina overlooks east of Langkawi UNESCO Global Geopark, with the Dayang Bunting Marble Geoforest as its backdrop and the sun rising along it. Peaceful and relaxing, the resort has finely furnished rooms and boasts spectacular and unobstructed views of the ocean, especially the newly renovated rooms of modern and functional design. Enjoy the convenience of our private jetty for activities like island hopping, private boat rides, sunset cruises and fishing. Intimate dining and walks along the boardwalk, or pampering at the recognized 5-star Javanese spa (Taman Sari Royal Heritage Spa), are great options for couples. The hotel also provides free shuttle to Cenang Beach 5 times a day. The idyllic Resorts World Langkawi is perfect for travelers who appreciate scenery and romance, given peace and privacy away from busy tourist centers but at the same time mobility convenience at its doorstep. Live band performance is available daily except Monday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Resorts World Langkawi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Awana Porto Malai Langkawi Hotel Langkawi
- Awana Porto Malai Hotel Langkawi
- Langkawi Awana Porto Malai