Stayed at Awana Langkawi for 2 days 1 night. Booked a Deluxe Garden View room as all the other rooms were fully booked. Upon arrival, i was surprised to see how big & beautiful was the hotel. Check in was kinda slow..took them around 20 mins to settle my stuff. Hotel had this "funny" odour which is hard to describe or say what it smells like. The sea view scenery & the boardwalk was sooo breathtaking.. Felt like just laying back and enjoying the view since my room was facing a garden.
The room was clean, nice & spacious. The bathroom was kinda small & the flush didn't work..Thank god i had a handy man in the group who fixed it up. Room has a balcony facing the entrance. No lcd tv..lol. Ordered a bucket of ice & 4 glasses via room service but i never received it. I had to go down & ask and they sent it to the wrong room..
Breakfast was average. There's no beach around the hotel but the hotel offers free boat shuttle to a private island/marina. Boat departs at 10am, 12pm, 2pm & 4pm according to the receptionist. You need to make a booking at the reception. Sometimes the timing mentioned above may not be accurate as they rely on the sea tide. Honestly those who plan to meditate or need a peaceful escape may go ahead & spend 2 hours ++ in this private island. Trust me there was nothing!! I felt sooo bored. Grrrrr.....
Adult pool was small & not deep at all. As i was there during peak season, i was unable to swim much as it was overall crowded. Overall i would rate Awana 8/10. Will definitely visit & stay there again but this time is definitely gonna be a sea view room! :D
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resorts World Langkawi is located 5 minutes away from the popular Cenang Beach and Tengah Beach, and approximately 20 minutes away from Langkawi International Airport. We are also 24KM away from Kuah Town and 16KM from the nearest hospital. The seafront resort and marina overlooks east of Langkawi UNESCO Global Geopark, with the Dayang Bunting Marble Geoforest as its backdrop and the sun rising along it. Peaceful and relaxing, the resort has finely furnished rooms and boasts spectacular and unobstructed views of the ocean, especially the newly renovated rooms of modern and functional design. Enjoy the convenience of our private jetty for activities like island hopping, private boat rides, sunset cruises and fishing. Intimate dining and walks along the boardwalk, or pampering at the recognized 5-star Javanese spa (Taman Sari Royal Heritage Spa), are great options for couples. The hotel also provides free shuttle to Cenang Beach 5 times a day. The idyllic Resorts World Langkawi is perfect for travelers who appreciate scenery and romance, given peace and privacy away from busy tourist centers but at the same time mobility convenience at its doorstep. Live band performance is available daily except Monday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Resorts World Langkawi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Awana Porto Malai Langkawi Hotel Langkawi
- Awana Porto Malai Hotel Langkawi
- Langkawi Awana Porto Malai