I stayed in the Izz Room Type B (the biggest villa there) during the last week of 2013. This place is run by two sisters who also run the Izz Laundry near the reception area. The location of this place is very good and beautiful - It's hardly 150 meters walk through un-tarred road to the main road where numerous awesome restaurants and street food joints are available. There's a taxi stand right there. The Underwater World Langkawi is just 1km away from this place and airport about 8km (RM 20 by taxi)
The villa is built on an elevated wooden structure and is completely made of block boards and panels. It's equipped with air conditioning, fans (in the room as well as in the sit out area), a kitchen and a good bath room. The room is really very spacious and very nice to see. As for the bed (queen), it's not the best and supplies are limited too. I had to request for a blanket which wasn't provided initially. If you have a child, there's an extra mattress that's tucked under the bed set. Again, you have to request for additional sheets.
There's laundry service provided by them for RM 4 per kg and that's a good thing there. There's also a small supply of water, beverages, instant coffee and soda that you can buy from them for prices varying from $2 to $4. There's free wifi provided but it wasn't quite reaching my room. I had to walk out closer to the reception area to get signal.
Best things about this place:
- Cheaper, affordable and spacious rooms
- Beautiful surroundings with a good view and a little garden in front
- Very friendly staff
- Close to the main road at the same time serene and silent
- Reasonably well equipped kitchen and bathroom (you need to get used to the instant heater there before moving under the shower)
- Wifi is weak
- There's no access to the staff after 9PM
- There were a few ants in the room and also found a home lizard (not harming type, small one). They said they will do some treatment for the same.
- The room, kitchen and the bathroom are at three levels - something like 1.5 foot level difference. A bit difficult for old people to move around.
- No hangers, rods in the bathroom and the jet is not press type
Overall, a good place for the price you pay! Their smaller rooms are way too cheaper and great for backpackers. I am tempted to rate it 4 but would do it if they fix issues like ants/lizard in the room. Overall a good value for money place.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Izz Room Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.