Century Langkasuka Resort
US$283
US$201
Westin.com
US$42
The Danna Langkawi(Pantai Kok)
US$294
  • Breakfast included
US$139
US$130
  • Pool
Ambong Ambong Langkawi(Pantai Tengah)
US$212
US$196
US$229
US$181
  • Pool
Casa del Mar, Langkawi(Pantai Cenang)
US$258
US$204
Hotel Website
All reviewsinfinity poolnear airportlovely poolcable carbuffet breakfastpantaiduty
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 December 2011

I have been transfered to this hotel from Sheraton due to fully booked during LIMA 2011. The hotel was taken from old management and was upgraded with new modern funiture and bright lighting. The staff was friendly and helping during my stayed. The room quite big and being equip with simple funiture. Still a lot of space. You just can enjoy dining at hotel due no hawkers stall nearby. But they need to upgrade and adding variety of meals at cafe.

2  Thank AVSEC
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Langkasuka Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2011

Dear "Avsec",

It is great to hear that our guests enjoy themselves during their travels.

The resort has recently undergone an extensive renovation, and I am glad to know that you like the new setting of our rooms.

For the concern of our future guests, rests assure that I will look into improving the variety of menu at Eatery with my Executive Chef.

Thank you for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 12 December 2011

This hotel is a brand new hotel and is looking not completed. the entry hall is vast but void . Some servants are waiting for you outside the hotel but propose no help to carry luggages !
While arriving after 2 PM , no room was available and we have benn obliged to wait for a room.
The room are large , but when at ground floor, everybody can see in , no privacy.
The shower was working quasi ok , except temperature changes, but the water was not evacuating. the roomm was to well prepared as I found a bath robe from a previous customer.
The room ground was not really clean as new as was looking dusty.
Outside , the view on the sea and swimming pool is ok , but the ground material is looking like a mix of tar and concrete.
Breakfast is OK but real self service even for tea and cafe
The total is like a high volume holidays club
I paid 200 € per night ( may be airshow effect ) but worth no mre than eghty

1  Thank artze
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Langkasuka Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2011

Dear "artze",

Thank you for providing us with this review.

As you may know, we take concern on our guest feedback and can assure that necessary actions are taken to improve especially on the overall hotel cleanliness and services. Your concern on the drainage of water in the bathroom is being looked into by our Maintenance Team.

Meanwhile, our Housekeeping has been briefed to be more detail when doing the room cleaning.

I have also addressed your concern on the services provided by staff at Eatery with my Food & Beverage Manager, rest assured he monitors their performance closely and conducts regular training for improvement.

I would like to thank you for your valuable feedback and if there is an opportunity for us to provide you with a more comfortable stay in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me at kumar.renoo@sheraton.com.

Reviewed 9 December 2011

Went there on 23 nov11, airport clearance quite slow. Rent a car for entire stay quite glad i did. Drove straight to four points about 15 mins frm airport. Checkin a breeze. Room was s spacious s d picture on trip advisor, clean nice room. If u intent to stay here pic d ground floor, theres deck chairs on the balcony. Not many occupants, beach a let down, pool v nice facing d sea. Breakfast nothing great everyday d same thing. Checked out chenang beach. For meals try hj Ramli, its cheaper than orchid. Food ok but not great. If u drive, go to telaga tujuh waterfall, beautiful scenery n refreshing dip. Skip durian tunggal waterfall its dirty, hot spring a waste of time. If u love d sea go for snorkeling trip. Island hopping is too short n nothing much to see.

• Stayed: November 2011
4  Thank Man1962

Dear "Man 1962",

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this review.

We are glad to know that you had a comfortable stay with us during your holidays.

Thank you for your kind review, and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 7 December 2011

Just a visit from the outside and out of curiosity a walk around the inside made me decide never to go back. The reception area was "empty" no plants or anywhere to sit. The check in desk was in the corner with barely enough room for the two staff there. The staff had no idea of what was available at the hotel. Their excuse was that it was newly opened, hardly an excuse! I had the idea of a drink but one look at the "restaurant" turned me off that idea. Looked more like a canteen that caters for bus loads of tourists.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank sailor2009
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Langkasuka Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2011

Dear "sailor2009",

Thank you for posting this review.

It is with regret to know that our Resort is not up to your expectation.

I appreciate your comments and shall review it with my team for improvement.

Once again, thank you for sharing your recent experience.

Tasriff Mokhtar
Resort Manager

Reviewed 6 December 2011

I arrived at 10 pm after a long flight, yet it was like i was an unexpected surprise to them. i had to wait in reception while they processed my details(no drama) which took around 30 min, no offer of a drink of water, tea or coffee which i would have been happy to pay for. When i was finally checked in i was "pointed" in the general direction of my room with no assistance offered. Once in my room i found the door did not shut properly, I had to push and shove it to get it to close. Not a good start.
On closer inspection of the room i feel they rushed the finish to take advantage of people for the busy holiday period. The bath room had a leak which covered the floor in water, the wardrobe doors did not work as they kept coming off the rails, and the ledge under the TV was too small to fit your suit case, so there was nowhere to put that. Paint work was poor and finish all round was average at best.
if you are looking for a bite to eat after 1030 don’t bother, the hotel offers nothing not even a snake at the bar, my mini bar was missing everything bar a few drinks so no snacks there. You are so far away from anything you can’t even pop out and buy something either.
i also found the lack of English in a fair fluent English speak part of Asia a concern. The bar staff struggled to string a few words together so bother asking them anything or thinking you might get a conversation out of them.
all in all i have stayed at cheaper hotels and have had better experiences, i would not recommend this place to anyone, save some money and book elsewhere.
the people who have given this place a rating hire then 2 must not get out much or expectations are so low any one can jump the bar, as this place is far from what you would expect from a 4 star resort. after spending a week in Sheraton Surabaya i think i was expecting way too much, i would not normally write reviews as i have better things to do with my time but i was so disappointed by my stay i felt obligated to warn others of this place.
i also feel the when you spend 970 MRY a night, even during the busy period you should get some value for money, but not on this occasion.

Room Tip: look else where and save the disappointment
6  Thank michael c

Dear "michael c",

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with the feedback about your stay with us.

It is with regret to hear of your disappointment. I understand this experience has certainly marred

Your image of our property however will address the issues with my team for improvement.

Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience encountered

Tasriff Mokhtar