“Wonderful hotel”

Century Langkasuka Resort
Ranked #79 of 104 Hotels in Langkawi
Reviewed 3 April 2013 via mobile

Had an awesome stay. Lovely big rooms and nice bathrooms with huge shower heads. Pool area is really lovely. Pool is huge one wants to spend all day in the water. It's on the beach but the water is muddy and not suitable for swimming. Breakfast is good. Free wifi in rooms. Also kiddy room with carer. Pool towels are provided and a baby pool. Kid love this hotel. Staff are helpful.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Utayyiba
There are newer reviews for Century Langkasuka Resort

Reviewed 3 April 2013

I’m Dato’ Rosniaida Binti Ismail, a regular guest at Four Points by Sheraton Langkawi, would like to issue a complaint on management staff which practising double standard to me and my family during my recent visit from 20th March 2013 till 31st March 2013.

As a start, I’ve made a booking three (3) months prior to the above date for ten (10) rooms to cater 20 of my family members. Booking was made with your front office officer, Mr Mohd Ridhuan Bin Hamid. He had promised to provide the room as per my request. However, on my preparation visit to Langkawi island on 1st March 2013, he only managed to get seven (7) rooms instead of ten (10 rooms). Later he had offered me to help by getting three (3) more rooms by speaking to Resort Manager, Mr Johan Bin Abdullah. I was told he was on leave from umrah and promised to give me a confirmation call once he returned from Mekah.

Sadly, he didn’t call me on 15th March 2013. When I spoke to Mr Mohd Ridhuan Bin Hamid by phone conversation, he has failed to get me another three (3) rooms while he had promise me the otherwise. I’m so disappointed with the news realizing that I have already bought flight tickets for my 20 family members to watch LIMA’13 display and celebrating my daughter birthday. I have been organizing this for a while.

Saddened with the event, I decided to put a complaint on Mr Kumar Renoo, Mr Johan Bin Abdullah and Mr Mohd Ridhuan Bin Hamid for failing to attending my request and also to cancel all the reservation made with Four Points by Sheraton Langkawi. As a result, Sales Director, Ms Tan Lee Fong has called me and ask me to proceed with the bookings and she promise to get all the rooms I have requested.

On my day arrival with my sister, Nasha on 20th March 2013, there was nobody attending to my arrival and also there was no bellman. We carried the bag by ourselves to the room raising a question to ourselves. Is this how you treat a returning guest who is as a SPG Gold Member? I’ve been stay in a bad condition room and the air – conditioning leaks. Is that you called yourself a VIP suite?

Again on 28th March 2013, when I supposed to have my daughter birthday party at the hotel, your three (3) respective staff fails to organize the party as I expected. It was handled very badly and they also unattended the party and so I have to cancel the party. I regret to the point that I’m embarrassed to my VIP guest and food leftovers.

Therefore, I would like the management of the hotel and Starwood to investigate this matter seriously and attend to this matter promptly or I will follow up with a lawsuit for embarrassment, also loss of more than Eighty Thousand Ringgit Malaysia (RM 80,000) and for allowing your officer and staff practiced double standard treat toward guest.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
26  Thank nashaida
Reviewed 28 March 2013

I heard a lot about this place but i feel the weather is not very good here, this hotel is very close to the airport, it is very big and having a private beach also, room were spacious and over all it was a nice experience to stay here, service was not bad nor very good also but over all it is good experience, the best part you can get your clothes washed for 6 MYR per kg lots of Indian you can find there...next time also I would like to book.

Room Tip: don't book pickup taxi through hotel as they will charge you very high rate in langkawi taxi is...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DipankarS
Reviewed 28 March 2013

The photos of this hotel are nothing but a complete scam...hotel looks nothing like this... VERY dirty hotel, not just rooms but around the whole resort...walking to our room we felt like it was a dorm of a hostel, then in the room, we were faced with dirty stained sheets on the bed and towels, cant say one good thing about this room, not to mention our room was facing a generator... And staff were oversly complained to a lot because even on check in they were grumpy untrained staff, that were more then UN- helpful

Room Tip: Sheraton langkawi is owned by same person and everything there is just as bad and dirty
5  Thank 151Brodiew
Reviewed 13 March 2013

We was looking for hotels to stay for a short getaway and decided to choose the reasonably priced hotel. It was near the airport. WE LOVE the beach! It was so private! The view was fantastic! The hotel is off the main tourist area, so if you do stay there i suggest renting a car.

Everything with the hotel was kept to the minimum, simple and sweet. Rooms were bigger that expected and the swimming pool was huge! As we went on a weekday, the hotel was quite quiet. Staff was alright but they could be better. Nonetheless, We had a good sleep and that was important.

I was not please with the overall maintenance of the facilities. The lift to guest rooms was not working, Paints are coming off from the walls, no consistence in water temperature from the showers in the room, stained bed sheets and towels despite requested to change, curtain jammed and cannot close properly.

There was this incident that make my stay memorable. We had a earliest flight back to our country. Before we went to bed, we requested a wake up call and a taxi arranged around 2 hrs before our flight timing. After a while, his name was either Shaifuldin or Suhaidin (sorry i cannot remember his name) from front desk call us in the room. He suggest that we cancel our morning taxi reservations as the travel time from the hotel to airport is less than 10 mins. He also informed us that since their airport only starts operations at 7am, there is no need to pay the surcharge (double the standard fare) to travel before 7am to be outside the airport, thus helping us save some money. With this little information, this front desk agent touch me by going the extra mile to inform a guest some information that we may overlook or was unaware off.

Overall, I will still consider this hotel for my next stay. I hope that if I do come back to stay, there will be some improvements.

Room Tip: If you looking for rooms only, this is the place. If you want more , try other hotel.
1  Thank Lee220288
Reviewed 13 March 2013

I wouldn't recommend it to my worse enemy. We arrived knowing that it was a Sheraton Hotel, I have used Sheraton Hotels many times in business, but never as bad as this. It is more like a prison cell block.
1st room had bugs, cockroach's and huge beetles. I rejected that and got a top floor apartment, not much better. Beware of the beach, locals told us that it was mangrove swamp covered in sand, it isn't clean either but it is dangerous.
The whole place is diabolical, very close to the airport, in fact you can see and hear the planes, food is very poor, we ate out most the time, this meant extra cost for taxi as you are miles from anything.
It is designed for business meetings NOT holidays.

Room Tip: Don't go there, find a hotel near Cenang Beach, they are slightly more expensive
3  Thank YeCoachhouse
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Rooms were very spacious and clean. Bath tub big and comfortable with separate shower. The shower head is Massive! Slippers and bath rob provided. The best part is the infinity pool. Love it!!! Its the view to die for. Fall asleep on the beach sun chair is something everyone wanna do on holiday. The beach are private. Really nice, clean and quiet. But not sure to swim in the water as its block by some sort of barrier u can see from the beach to create a lagoon. They have child care too for parents wanna enjoy while their kids being take care off. Its easy to find if u r driving. Next to the blue building which is the Police Quarters. Drive 10 minute straight south is the Cenang Beach where u find lots of shops and bars. I really did enjoyed my stay here. Will definitely come back again.

Room Tip: request for connecting room for 2 rooms book
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family