Century Langkasuka Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
The Smith House Langkawi(Padang Mat Sirat)
  • Pool
Lavigo Resort(Langkawi)
  • Pool
Bon Ton Resort(Pantai Cenang)
View Hotel
All reviewsinfinity poolnear airportlovely poolcable carbuffet breakfastpantaiduty
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Located near the Airport. to Greeted by 2 friendly receptionists. Room located at ground floor and near the pool. Room is spacious, clean surrounding, bed is comfy, pool is huge, and staffs are friendly and helpful.

Bad Side:
1) Flies and mosquitoes inside the room.
2) Ask for comforter but gave us towel instead.
3) Loose sands on beach - unable to stand as kept sinking.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I stayed in this resort with my parents in the month of Sept 2013. Although I thought very highly of it but this resort was unable to live up to my expectations. The good thing about the hotel is that it is only 1.2 kms away from the airport but strangely if you book an airport cab to come to the hotel they will charge you 20RMs. On my way back i took a normal cab which took took 12RMs which is cheaper than the previous one but still much higher than what you usually pay for cabs in KL.

As I entered the hotel, I was happy to see the beach view from my room but was taken aback by a plate full of last nights dinner which probably the last occupant might have left infront of my room door. The cleaners didnot bother to clean the stuff. Other than this, please remember that there are no food joints close to the hotel and the popular food destination Pattai Chanang is around 7 kms from this place and you need a cab everytime you go there. I hadnt booked breakfast during my stay and so they offered me a breakfast worth RM50 per person which I thought was too expensive so we preferred to have sandwiches which we bought in RM 5 from a fuel station when we were getting back from our tour. Always prefer to take a tour from outside and not from the hotel as the hotel charges 350RM for a 5 hr land tour while we took a land tour of 6 hrs in 150RM. The number of staff in the hotel is very limited and hence they cant cater to the needs of the occupants. I had to call up the reception 3 times just to get a bottle of water and wait for around 45 mins to get it to me. So please also arrange for water bottles for yourself as you might not get it in times of need. Good thing about this hotel was that the beach was not crowded but then not maintained also.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Joyita_Dutta
Reviewed 9 September 2013

The hotel is very near of beach with its big private property but still they have to manage a lots of things to got 5/5. I was impressed by the staff at check in. they are smiling to serve you. Their restaurant with swimming pool and sea on its background.

The Breakfast spread was good with a good selection of local favourites.
Rooms are clean and spacious.

Market and main attraction is not near. its very best to be far from horn and hunk......

Room Tip: Ask for the partial sea facing rooms - these have a good view of the pool and the beach.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 September 2013

The hotel has superb beach view for those who wanted the sense of romance and tranquility atmosphere. But there were some weird insects and mosquitoes within the room. Telephone not working and the staff were not so readily available. The food is expensive and not worth the value. Other than that, its an average hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 September 2013

The saying “looks can be deceiving” is evident at this hotel. The communication of staff was very poor. Upon arrival, after checking in, the cleanliness of the room was unacceptable. It felt as though the bed sheets had not been changed from the previous guests and upon requesting for a bed sheet change, I still had to wait 10-15 mins (taking into account it was my first night at this hotel and the call was made after 12.00 am). Even after this, a duvet cover was not provided and the worker simply used 2 sheets to cover the duvet. I asked why and was told the hotel has run out of duvet covers. Furthermore, the room was very filthy and the bathroom was also in a poor state.
Ignore the fact that the locations may be suitable as other hotels are available within this location. The food was nothing special regardless of the variety presented unless you’re from a Chinese background. The beach that can be viewed in pictures again is very deceiving. The sand is full of pebbles and stones. Not a very safe place for a child to play on. The gym is also standard with only 3-4 machines available. No sauna and steam room is available at the hotel.
Overall, considering that this hotel is a four star is deeply disappointing and I would never recommend this hotel to any individual traveling to Lungkawi unless you want to complain to managers who do not accept negative feedback and respond by giving sarcasm. Remember, you’re paying a high sum of money and the service provided is not even equal to what Travel Lodge or Premier Inn has to offer.

Room Tip: Want to spoil you're holiday, then stay at this hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple